Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Club acquired by website

David Holden

............And Liam agreed to this............He must have been smoking the same waccy Baccy, as the board!

THE HEAD COACH

“No manager… you serious?”

Absolutely. In England we’ve had over 120 years of managers picking teams, so for one football club to try something new isn't being hasty.

Our Head Coach will be in an enviable and unique position. He will be able concentrate on coaching and getting the best out of players, without being accused of picking the wrong team or formation.

He can guide members on which players and formations may work, however, ultimate responsibility rests with the members. He will also benefit from a substantial transfer budget – something that is unheard of in the lower leagues.

“Do members have a say in who the head coach for our team will be?”

The current manager will be given the opportunity to become the head coach. Should he decline, then yes, the members will have a say.

Instead of having one or two people calling for his head.......He could have 20,000.......Nice to feel wanted!

Hirsty and others, I understand all your concerns even if this 'itsbusiness' guy doesn't appear to. Unfortunately with 20,000 members its going to be difficult to sift through to find the genuine supporters with a mature approach to this. (altho some of the 'Facts' that itbusiness makes are true)

But i'm coming saturday to support the team as best I can and to meet as many of you as possible. We're not all tossers.

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast
Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
it is non league football.It should be about what the fans think and what the fans do for the club.

How about dodgy doubleglazing salesmen do they get a vote?

Cheap shot mate.I have posted my feelings on here because i know as a fan what its like to see your club go by the wall.
If you really feel like slagging someone off who is trying to be constructive then so be it as its your club,but don't start moaning when it goes tits up and you have nowhere to watch football any more.

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Originally Posted By: rsheard
Who is behind(the mastermind)Mfc?

Please take a few minutes and read through all the information on the MyFC website. All of the questions and suspicions you're raising are addressed there, including all of the principal players in both the design of the enterprise and the team involved in the purchase negotiations. Not a lightweight bunch of CM players by any stretch of the imagination.

You still haven't answered my question, and there is nothing on the website(that I have found), that does either!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, Stu B answered your question already after he read the website's FAQ. Will Brooks is the person whose idea launched the group, a former football journalist.

Well, I've been following the 'fleet since I was 13 and in a couple of months I'll be 51. During that time I've seen good times and bad times, highs and lows, but this is something totally different. I sincerely hope this works out, for the existing supporters like me who have frozen our n**s of on occasions and still kept on coming. But something in my mind tells me this is all going to end in tears - and as usual it will be us shedding those tears..

I cannot see how this is going to work; I can see it becoming an unwieldy structure unable to make instant decisions, let's face it, it's football communism and if countries like Russia couldn't make communism work, how's a non-league football club going to?

I will still come to the ground to watch, but I shan't be there every week - I'll now choose just which games to come to. I'll also be looking further around Kent at other sides to watch, so when the inevitable happens - as I believe it will but hope it doesn't - there will be another club to watch.

I supported the board over their name change, argued passionately with some supporters for it because I could see why - I'll not be arguing for this though. I feel as though we've been sold down the river.

it is non league football.It should be about what the fans think and what the fans do for the club.

It's only non league football by ten places and with the money coming in, G&N could well be a league club within six months.
The above post seems to suggest you'd rather they didn't, that whole "I like being a small club" mentality. Fair comment?
I think any club outside the very biggest seems to be split 50/50 between the fans who relish a big game (an FA cup tie with Man U, say) because it raises their profile, and those who hate it because it means thousands of people (glory boys) you've never seen before appear on the terraces wearing 'your' colours, and a similar split seems to be forming between the G&N fans on here regarding today's announcement.

Hirsty,

Thankyou, I'm glad you wrote those comments. Thankyou for being constructive. I wasn't looking for cheers, I was just giving my point of view. I do understand that it must feel like the rug is being pulled from under you and I also think your level of support for your local team is tremendous and not going to be rivaled by any of us 20,000 (muppets)....But it is happening and surely some of the things this will bring the club will be positive?

At the end of the day all football clubs need money and this is what you are going to get.

Personally I'd love a world where money wasn't involved in football and people would only be elgible to play for teams they were born in a certain radius of, but I know this is not going to happen.

Regards

Ps

I won't be attending this week!

Originally Posted By: ItsBusiness
Fact: I don't really care what the locals think. They can join if they like, it's a free country.

Fact: I could just treat it like a game of Football Manager but It's £35 quid so I won't. I want to see the team progress to the football league so I'll use my vote wisely.

Fact: If you don't like my opinions then debate them don't just throw insults with no substance.

as i myfc member for three months please stop posting your facts on this board all you are doing is annoying the fans that were at the club before we were members of myfc

Originally Posted By: joyzer
hirsty, would you still be as upset if someone like the romanovs (think thats the name) that runs hearts came along and basically bullied his way around the club, firing people left right and centre, including his team captain, and all the while doing this coz he wants to make money or would you prefer a large group of people from all sorts of backgrounds that genuinely want to make this work, that WILL listen to the die hards suggestions and implement them if they benefit the club, that do not stand to make a single penny from this venture and who WILL really listen and study every week what liam or the rest of the lads in the team say? would you prefer if eu just stood still and eventually slipped down the divisions, trust me mate, im not here for fun, i want to see this club go places, i wont be able to make games as i live in holland and thats why the website content will be so important to me, so that i get liams views which at the end of the day will be trusted

With a Romanov you've only got one person to get rid of, at MyFC you have 20,000. Raise the white flag and run for the hills.

Are there any wealthy Fleet fans that can buy the site of Myfootballclub from the owners? This seems to be the only answer.

Who is behind(the mastermind)Mfc?

Please take a few minutes and read through all the information on the MyFC website. All of the questions and suspicions you're raising are addressed there, including all of the principal players in both the design of the enterprise and the team involved in the purchase negotiations. Not a lightweight bunch of CM players by any stretch of the imagination.

You still haven't answered my question, and there is nothing on the website(that I have found), that does either!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, Stu B answered your question already after he read the website's FAQ. Will Brooks is the person whose idea launched the group, a former football journalist.

Journalist.............So we should immediately believe everything he says!

ItsBusiness- Why do you want the club to progress at the expense of the club you support?

It is this gulf in mindset that is the struggle here.

Most Fleet supporters on this forum have supported the club, as their local side, for many years.As influential school kids they have stood on the terraces at Stonebridge Road and made a connection.

Some, like me, have moved away but still follow the club; wear the shirt amongst the ManU and Arsenal shirts; and are, in their new environment,known for their support of Gravesend & Northfleet. Many have shares in the club but have yet to be notified of your interest.

MyFC seem to just be picking up something and running with it.Football is not all success by any means. Will MyFC still be around when the club is relegated a couple of divisions, I have my doubts.

Originally Posted By: clowntown

It's only non league football by ten places and with the money coming in, G&N could well be a league club within six months.
The above post seems to suggest you'd rather they didn't, that whole "I like being a small club" mentality. Fair comment?
I think any club outside the very biggest seems to be split 50/50 between the fans who relish a big game (an FA cup tie with Man U, say) because it raises their profile, and those who hate it because it means thousands of people (glory boys) you've never seen before appear on the terraces wearing 'your' colours, and a similar split seems to be forming between the G&N fans on here regarding today's announcement.

No,but the whole essence of football at this level is that fans support a club,yes of course you want that club to get as far up the pyramid as possible but you don't want to lose the essence of why that club is there.
Seriously,if this happened at my club i would try hard to get a season ticket at arsenal because it would be like following the same club.A club that doesn't give a f*ck about its fans,just money

You are from North carolina,what do you possibly know about non league football

Because being from North Carolina means I have a congenital defect of some kind? If you'd like to discuss some aspect of MyFC or the club (and I personally would like to know where the supporters would look to bolster the squad first in the upcoming transfer window), I'm all for it. If you just wish to make juvenile jabs, enjoy yourself.

If the subscription level was to fall by 25% when the first renewal date comes around, what contingency do you have in place to cover the shortfall?

Are you going to restrict the increase in your cost base year one to cover this highly likely event?

How much of the initial £525,000 is going to be used to purchase the existing shares (assuming of course they are not being given away) and how much of it will be used to clear any existing debts?

I can't find these answers on the FAQ.

So what do you know about getting a team out of the conference
(the conference is a league,just in case you didn't know???)

I know that for it ever to happen for EUFC, it's going to take more than 1,000 supporters and hope. It will take investment in infrastructure, player development, and a whole team of smart people working together. That's what MyFC brings to the table. What any one individual knows or doesn't know isn't nearly as important as what the group can accomplish together. Among our members are many who have a great deal of experience in football, at levels up to the EPL. You make a mistake if you think every member is simply a computer gamer looking to play up to the next level.