Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

F.A.Vase

Pitbull

Full - Time

Southall 2

Bedfont & Feltham 1

Southall deserved the win.

Dom Cassells made some very good saves in the second half in his first game of the season.

Welldone The ALL :-)

Ash 0-2 Windsor

Not much of a spectacle this one. Windsor were really poor.

Ash had a player sent off after about 30 mins. He must be devoid of a brain. Made 3 poor fouls early on - warned next time would be a yellow card. Made another foul 10 minutes later and duly got booked. Made yet another foul and had another stern talking to - looked pretty obvious that he needed substituting but that didn't happen.

2 minutes later Windsor fouled someone (not him) and he runs over and said something out of place and received a second yellow.

Ridiculous really. There didn't seem to be any real malice in him but he just looked like someone playing out of his depth and not able to cope with players running past him.

Then Ash defended manfully with a packed defence and we showed little inclination or ability to break them down. Shot shy is an apt expression I think.

We eventually notched a couple of goals but it was a pretty hollow victory in many ways. Shame after the recent improvements. Some Windsor fans are a bit resigned to mediocrity this season - for me, good followed by bad... let's remember the good!

MOTM was Ash's captain and No 6. Won everything in the air and very strong but fair in the tackle. The keeper was good value as well, with a bit of banter and wished us well for the season ahead.

One of our fans said "see you in the league next season...". Tongue in cheek presumably but on that showing I wouldn't be 100% sure what he was getting at....

Frimley Green 3 Fleet Spurs 2

One of those games where your heart stops every 5 minutes.

First 10 minutes was all Frimley and we were rewarded with a goal. But then the players seemed to relax to much or Fleet Spurs upped their game, we let them back in to much.

They were rewarded with a goal to draw level. Their number 10 stood about 6.11 tall, very solid player heading in a corner which was played straight at his head. One of those you couldn't really stop with 3 frimley players near him

But not being able to move or distract such a giant. fleet Spurs then took a deserved 2-1 lead a break from our attack lead to a cross from our byline and their right sided winger excellently volleyed in a deep cross.

1-2 at the break.

Half time team talk did the job it seems. Frimley kept it simple and played how we've been training for the past 2 months. Short sharp and with purpose. fleet Spurs weren't able to get the ball out of their own half and we drew level 2-2 with a header from a freekick.

Constant pressure to the fleet Spurs goal followed. The keeper making some fantastic saves one being a one handed point blank save from a header.

frimley took the lead and what finished as a result as Toby a substitute came on and a freekick was sent in and between Toby and Sam we got the final goal.

We deserved the victory but we will be making sure the lads don't relax after going a goal ahead.

Very promising with 3 new signings making their debuts for the club and following a well earned victory in the league last week.

We look ahead to the league on Saturday and hope to start building a league campaign with already 3-4 games in hand over the rest of the league. But they will account for nothing unless we obtain 3 points from all.

New to posting here, after going along to see Ash v Windsor fa vase match.

Agree the number 6 was outstanding for Ash just behind him was the goalkeeper also did well.

The Windsor defence seemed very solid,the midfield gave the ball away too much despite ash having 10 men most of the game.The Windsor assistant manager never stopped shouting,seemed to force the players into wrong decisions,does he always shout like this. 

Despite Ash defending well the deadlock was broke when the Windsor left back swung a corner in for the captain to nod home.

Ash then pushed Windsor to the end ,but the striker scoring a great strike in last minute.Great effort from ASH but for Windsor you never know Wembley not too far away. 

Newhaven 1 Guilford 0

A red card early in the second half for a reckless tackle when already booked made

Guildford's task a tough one against a simple but effective Newhaven. A fantastic

last ditch intervention prevented the hosts taking the lead midway through the firsthalf and Newhaven also had a decent shout for a penalty waved away before half time.

It's a shame that the red card showed up a few attendees' lack of understanding of

the rules, as they insisted that because the player got the ball, their actions

couldn't be either dangerous or reckless. Oh well...never mind.

Guildford probably deserved to take the game into extra time, but ultimately paid

the price for indiscipline during a game where they questioned far too many

decisions and didn't have much luck.

A really good place to watch football this and a good day out.

Newhaven 1 Guilford 0

A red card early in the second half for a reckless tackle when already booked made

Guildford's task a tough one against a simple but effective Newhaven. A fantastic

last ditch intervention prevented the hosts taking the lead midway through the firsthalf and Newhaven also had a decent shout for a penalty waved away before half time.

It's a shame that the red card showed up a few attendees' lack of understanding of

the rules, as they insisted that because the player got the ball, their actions

couldn't be either dangerous or reckless. Oh well...never mind.

Guildford probably deserved to take the game into extra time, but ultimately paid

the price for indiscipline during a game where they questioned far too many

decisions and didn't have much luck.

A really good place to watch football this and a good day out.

Voice,There are no rules in Football,so how could anyone understand them?

New to posting here, after going along to see Ash v Windsor fa vase match.

Agree the number 6 was outstanding for Ash just behind him was the goalkeeper also did well.

The Windsor defence seemed very solid,the midfield gave the ball away too much despite ash having 10 men most of the game.The Windsor assistant manager never stopped shouting,seemed to force the players into wrong decisions,does he always shout like this. 

Despite Ash defending well the deadlock was broke when the Windsor left back swung a corner in for the captain to nod home.

Ash then pushed Windsor to the end ,but the striker scoring a great strike in last minute.Great effort from ASH but for Windsor you never know Wembley not too far away.

Tony Thompson does indeed shout during the entire game.

I call it "active coaching". ;) I'm not sure it helps all that much but who knows, we might be a total rabble without it.

Thanks for reply Rother,now know when i see Windsor play next bring my earplugs.

I suppose it can work both ways with a assistant shouting all through the game good and bad.Just the way i saw it yesterday the Windsor players could turn into nervous wrecks,the ball just about to arrive at your feet then shout ,shout at you just about to pass it.Players sometimes need some calm in the game.Ash bench were just encouraging all game and let the players play.Anyway good luck Windsor and Ash for the season i am sure both will improve.Also see Windsor have only lost one game out of 5 in the league so not to bad going.Ash with that effort should start improving.   

Ash Utd 0 Windsor 2

Improvement from Ash but still a lot to learn

Not much mentioned yet about the kit c**k up by Windsor as both there kits clashed with the Ash green but after some discussion the referee saw sense.

The game itself was mainly down to one Ash player who has a lot of talent but failed to show any control & let himself down, like Rother has mentioned could easily have been red carded a lot earlier than he was.

Up against one of the best passing sides in the league you don't need to be playing a man down & Ash battled well to keep Windsor at bay as long as they did, but on another day if Windsor had found their shooting boots the scoreline would easily have been a lot different.

Like to wish Windsor all the best in the next round & for the remainder of the season.....Ash....well I cant keep repeating myself as I can only hope people who are within the club start to read my comments & start reacting in a positive manner otherwise it will be a very very long season

Don't know if you are aware Gaz but i spoke to Paul Murrays son Simon this morning and he told me Paul was in hospital,would just like to say get well soon Paul,Green Army.

No I didn't know...fingers crossed he's better asp

& anyway I'm always one of the last too know

Ash Utd 0 Windsor 2

Improvement from Ash but still a lot to learn

Not much mentioned yet about the kit c**k up by Windsor as both there kits clashed with the Ash green but after some discussion the referee saw sense.

The game itself was mainly down to one Ash player who has a lot of talent but failed to show any control & let himself down, like Rother has mentioned could easily have been red carded a lot earlier than he was.

Up against one of the best passing sides in the league you don't need to be playing a man down & Ash battled well to keep Windsor at bay as long as they did, but on another day if Windsor had found their shooting boots the scoreline would easily have been a lot different.

Like to wish Windsor all the best in the next round & for the remainder of the season.....Ash....well I cant keep repeating myself as I can only hope people who are within the club start to read my comments & start reacting in a positive manner otherwise it will be a very very long season

Firstly, aupostie, The kits were mutually agreed by both secretaries when the match was arranged so there is your first incorrect statement.

Secondly, the referee did not use any sort of common sense at all.  He was almost demanding that one club find a local sports shop and buy a new kit.  We offered to wear our black warm up tops and asked if he and the assistants could wear bibs to which he said he would get suspended. That has to be the biggest load of bollocks I have ever heard from an official.  The man had absolutely no intention of applying common sense.

I don't normally name names when it comes to officials but Mr Craig Green, you need to take a long hard look at yourself and realise that any game of football that you have been appointed to is not all about you.

Firstly, aupostie, The kits were mutually agreed by both secretaries when the match was arranged so there is your first incorrect statement.

Secondly, the referee did not use any sort of common sense at all. He was almost demanding that one club find a local sports shop and buy a new kit. We offered to wear our black warm up tops and asked if he and the assistants could wear bibs to which he said he would get suspended. That has to be the biggest load of bollocks I have ever heard from an official. The man had absolutely no intention of applying common sense.

I don't normally name names when it comes to officials but Mr Craig Green, you need to take a long hard look at yourself and realise that any game of football that you have been appointed to is not all about you.

Kits agreed on...ermmmmm....Ash play in green & red & have done since formed...Windsor kits if I'm not mistaken are green & red or red & green....so I think there's a kit clash. On the point of the referee he was only doing his job to the letter of the laws.

But in the it doesn't matter anyway game was played Windsor deservedly won end of story

The report from our defeat at Horsham is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/Fix2015.16-13.html

Horsham will be close to returning to the Ryman League if they play like this all season. We had a couple of little excuses but even at full strength I think we would have been beaten, although it did require an own goal before they got through and two late goals looked harsh on our boys, but in all fairness 3-0 probably was a fairer result.

Secondly, the referee did not use any sort of common sense at all.  He was almost demanding that one club find a local sports shop and buy a new kit.  We offered to wear our black warm up tops and asked if he and the assistants could wear bibs to which he said he would get suspended. That has to be the biggest load of bollocks I have ever heard from an official.  The man had absolutely no intention of applying common sense.

It does not matter if the kits were mutually agreed by both secretaries.  They should not clash and the referee has the right to postpone the game because of it.  For teams of this level to have these issues and not correct them well in advance is the problem.  NOT THE OFFICIAL!!!

It does not matter if the kits were mutually agreed by both secretaries.  They should not clash and the referee has the right to postpone the game because of it.  For teams of this level to have these issues and not correct them well in advance is the problem.  NOT THE OFFICIAL!!!

Well said britman

Archived