Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 21st November Match Thread

A GREAT 2 DAYS FOR CCL CLUBS IF THE F.A SITE IS CORRECT.

WELL DONE

SUTTON COMMON ROVERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KNAPHILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HARTLEY WINTNEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COLLIERS WOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAMBERLEY TOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WINNERS IN THE F.A VASE,SHOWS THE STRENGTH IN DEPTH IN THIS LEAGUE.A NAP HAND OF WINNERS,IN THE NEXT ROUND DRAW.

THANKS TO FOXY 10 AND GREEN FINGERS FOR THEIR PHONE CALLS,TO ENQUIRE OF MY GOOD HEALTH.

A GREAT 2 DAYS FOR CCL CLUBS IF THE F.A SITE IS CORRECT.

WELL DONE

SUTTON COMMON ROVERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KNAPHILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HARTLEY WINTNEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COLLIERS WOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAMBERLEY TOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WINNERS IN THE F.A VASE,SHOWS THE STRENGTH IN DEPTH IN THIS LEAGUE.A NAP HAND OF WINNERS,IN THE NEXT ROUND DRAW.

THANKS TO FOXY 10 AND GREEN FINGERS FOR THEIR PHONE CALLS,TO ENQUIRE OF MY GOOD HEALTH.

Good to know you are still around Smudge. Hope you and your family are well

Edited by Footy Mad

Right glasses polished and ready to go.

For a team 2nd in their league I was really disappointed in Newhaven.  Half time we were 1 up and should have been at least 3 up and that was against the wind.  We went 2 up early in the 2nd half and I thought we would go on and win by 4 or 5.  However a defence mistake allowed the home side back in it but despite having over half an hour to play they only had 1 more shot that flew over. 

Well done to all the CCL clubs who got through today.  Hope we avoid each other :)

Sandhurst town 1 Ash Utd 5

Biggest win in a very long while

Started the game very well & got an early goal. However midway into the half Sandhurst equalised & at half time went in level which for me was about fair.

2nd half again scored early on & took full control of the game, scoring some well worked goals to give ash 3 well deserved points

HW 3-1 Windsor

Well beaten by a very solid if (on the day) unspectacular (but better than us) team but we fought hard and had nothing much to be ashamed about on the pitch. Not too sure whether the same can be said about off the pitch where an altercation involving 2 sent off players seemed to carry on after the players had left the pitch.

I was a fair way away and certainly not in a position to apportion blame but it was a rather unseemly spectacle to be honest which one might imagine could have repercussions.

Our best player was 'keeper Dennison again. Looked like he was caught off his line for HW's early looped headed goal but thereafter was excellent.

Edited by Rother

Saw a good solid performance today from Badshot Lea against Guilford City, it's a great little set up down at the covers stadium.

A big well done also goes to Ash United on a great win today against Sandhurst, I will be down to watch Ash United vs Espom Athletic on 5 Dec

Red4ever

I have not really seen Ash United play this season, but having been to their ground for the first time today it's a cracking little set up. With regards to them going on a little run a little self belief and some good results go along way in this league. A couple of wins can put you right in the mix

I think apart from 2-3 teams everyone is capable of beating everyone, it's a tough league to get out of unless you splash the cash a bring in some ex prem players. I wish them all the best as I do all the other teams.

The CCL is a great advert for non league football and long may that continue

Red4ever

I have not really seen Ash United play this season, but having been to their ground for the first time today it's a cracking little set up. With regards to them going on a little run a little self belief and some good results go along way in this league. A couple of wins can put you right in the mix

I think apart from 2-3 teams everyone is capable of beating everyone, it's a tough league to get out of unless you splash the cash a bring in some ex prem players. I wish them all the best as I do all the other teams.

The CCL is a great advert for non league football and long may that continue

Thanks for the compliment about the ground silkyskills we do try our best to keep it neat & tidy..( shame the pitch doesn't look the best)

Here is the report from our 5-0 home win over Hanworth Villa, written by our young reporter Sam Brooker:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/Fix2015.16-26.html

Hanworth were surprisingly light on numbers with only two subs and Adam Willis having to go in goal (where he made two really good saves, by the way).

We edged the first half although had a second goal disallowed after the corner had allegedly gone out of play and come back in. Seeing as it wasn't windy where we were and our defender James Taylor met the ball just outside the six yard box, I found this hard to believe. It evened out in the second half as the same defender scored later in the game with a shot that may have touched the Hanworth goal line but certainly didn't appear to cross it. Remember, I stand behind the goal so was less than two yards away. It was worth a shout but when the Assistant flagged I thought it was for an offside, put it that way! Seeing as Taylor had already scored our first goal, he could have had a hat trick on another day! As an aside his dad scored for us in a 2-2 draw against Yeovil thirty years ago this very day!

Hanworth could have equalised just before HT and started the second half well, but our second goal after 52 was the clincher and they fell apart at that stage. The Villains are now sixth in the table and I reiterate my earlier statement from a couple of weeks back that only five teams can win the league this year even at this early stage.

I would also hope nobody gets the referee we had on Saturday. He didn't seem to understand the concept of a foul, giving loads at one point, then going quiet for a while. He lost control of the game and then booked the Villa keeper for pointing out one of his many, but the most blatant of his mistakes; giving a throw on thirty yards from the wrong place and then when they took the throw, he awarded it to us by penalty. Shocking and uncommunicative. 

Finally, well done to all five CCL winners in the Vase. My club haven't beaten a Kent League side in fifteen years and several attempts, so to see our league defeating two of theirs and two of the better Sussex teams in a great achievement. As Krooner said, I hope you all avoid each other in the draw today.

Edited by E&E Rich