Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Play-off Semi-Final v Dulwich

Not sure whats happened to the site but to add Harry Ottaway made it 4-2 in the 85th minute and that was the final score. Attendance over 2500.

I think the team gave all in an exciting game. The early goal put us on the back foot we came more into the match but 2 goals in 2 mins on the half hour killed it. However the lads did not give up and went for it.

In all looking back we wanted a play off position at the beginning of the season, and that was achieved. Hopefully more progress next year.

Have a good break and my hope is for a better start to the season than we have had in recent years. Catch up is hard an any level.

See you in August

Proud of the team despite the result. Seven wins on the trot to make the playoffs was special. Hopefully next

season will be even better. Just need to get off to a good start in August.

A fantastic evening despite the disappointing result

The goal in a minute then two in three minutes were a killers, Enfield did magnificently to come back as strongly as they did. You could see what the loss meant to them after the final whistle.

And, apart from the vodka chugging, knuckle dragging bell ends that initiated fisticuffs, fantastic support from the "Towner Boys"!

Now let's hope we hang on to our players?

Roll on next season.

GOOOOOEEEERN TOWN!!!!

Apologies for the lack of photos. As many of you who had the misfortune to encounter me last night will know I somehow managed to drop the camera, with lens attached, shortly before kick. So the time that I had set aside today for editing photos will instead be spent sorting out estimates for repair. At least the damage to the camera body doesn't appear to be as bad as I first thought. The lens on the other hand...

Normal service, hopefully, from the start of next season.

47 seconds and we were playing catch-up. I'm assuming that wasn't the start Brad had spoken to the players about. Now, don't get me wrong, it was a clinical hat-trick from Dulwich's former Crystal Palace player. However, Town were very much masters of their own downfall. For the first goal the Dulwich midfielder had time and space on the edge of the area to pick a pass in behind Kirbs with the striker running on and tucking home. Unfortunately the same player wasn't marked for his header from the corner, and as for the car-crash 3rd, well the least said about that the better.

The fact of the matter is that Dulwich had about 5 shots on target. 4 of them went in. Town also had about 5 shots on target (and a couple that soared over), and only 2 of those went in. You just need that bit of luck/inspiration on the night, and sadly it wasn't to be for us on this occasion.

Thought Mickey, Percy, Billy and Scott had very good games. Nathan didn't really have a chance with any of their goals.

I think next year is going to be very tough to win promotion - with either Bognor or Dulwich still there or thereabouts and Billericay looking to buy the title by Christmas. Can we hang on to our best players (and even strengthen?!), can we hang on to Brad? Still, onwards and upwards!

TOWNERS!

Never mind Townies there's always next year and the one after and so on etc etc :-)

Agree with most of what was said above.I also felt Scott Billy Micky and Percy had good games.Some of those crunching tackles in midfield by scott made me wince but they were all legal and fair.  

You cant fault the boys for effort and passion.and if we can keep the squad together no reason why we cant aim for a higher position next season.

We will need to keep most of the squad and add some more quality in certain areas. Sometimes this season the endeavour was more evident than guile. I still think we had some of the best players but periods of inconsistency in selection, motivation, discipline and slow decisions on substitutions let easy points slip from our grasp.

There is no reason why we can not win this league next season if the majority of the squad stay and there are some quality additions.

Still smarting about last nights defeat if I'm honest. I was shocked at how ' thuggish ' Dulwich were, they got away with murder because of a referee who wasn't big enough for the occasion. Granted, they're a good team with some great players but I was really taken aback by their over physicality and brutality.

Having been to Dulwich on the last 3 visits, I was perplexed to see that we started with three at the back, they use the width of the pitch very well and they are very quick ( No. 11 for them - Jesus Christ !!! ). We didn't turn up in the first half and were severely punished. Second half we gave it a real go but the damage was already done. Our support was incredible last night, I reckon that there must have been at least 450 - 500 Towners there who out sung the 2000 home support for the whole match ! 

I wrote the season off before the Havant home game game last month, so to have won seven on the bounce and actually got into the playoffs is a remarkable feat by Brad and the team. It's been a great season and we should all be incredibly proud of our team and be willing Bognor on to hammer those dirty b******s from south of the river on Monday.

COME ON BOGNOR !!!!!!!!!!!

Lots to learn and build on for next season.

1.As soon as we finally found a settled starting 11 and formation we started winning consistently

2.A poor first 6-8 games in the league leaves it almost impossible to do anything but try to scrape into the last play-off places

3.Having a happy Mark Kirby playing every game is important in a promotion push

4.We need to aim for winning the league (or coming second in order to guarantee two home games in the play-off).Playing away in the play-off's is a lottery and only gives a team a slim chance of promotion.

5.We need to be more clinical in front of goal.Our conversion rate has not been good enough over the last few seasons.

6.We must keep all our best players from this season and add two or three 'quality' players

7.We can't have another pre-season of trialling all and sundray.It rarely produces players that that make the first team and just causes instability for the start of the season.