Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Building bridges

Originally Posted By: PatMan
I really think the point is being missed here. This section of the forum is 'supposed' to be for Fleet related issues. There are plenty of other places where pointless threads can be posted. Am sure that we have all contributed to them. Lets move this to its rightful place, those who want to post on it still can, those who think it has nothing to do with EUFC will be happy.

Everyone's a winner...

Apart from the odd snippet about players being released, there is very little happening down at the Fleet at the moment - nothing on new players, nothing on funding, nothing about the new ground.
Without this thread, this forum would be in hibernation!!

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
Originally Posted By: PatMan
I really think the point is being missed here. This section of the forum is 'supposed' to be for Fleet related issues. There are plenty of other places where pointless threads can be posted. Am sure that we have all contributed to them. Lets move this to its rightful place, those who want to post on it still can, those who think it has nothing to do with EUFC will be happy.

Everyone's a winner...

Apart from the odd snippet about players being released, there is very little happening down at the Fleet at the moment - nothing on new players, nothing on funding, nothing about the new ground.
Without this thread, this forum would be in hibernation!!

Oh thank god you started it then Gary.

There you go, that's what you wanted to hear.

Tomorrow I'll look back over previous summers to see what threads you've started.

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz

Scally bashing is still fair game though. Harry doesn't like it, though. duel

I love Scally bashing actully Gary, what gave you the impression that I don't?

now scally is a bit of lad as you may well know and he has a magnificent bridge over the lake in his gardens....puts on great garden parties but for some reason it always seems to be snowing whenever I went there...grin

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1

CLASSIC! There is a person claiming to be a mjority of poster, and posting!

Very good AFF! I am posting! However what I said is correct, most people are ignoring it. I am only posting here to question why people seem to think this thread is building bridges between Myfc and the exisiting fan base. I'm all for building bridges with new members. But this thread isn't where it's happening.

Originally Posted By: Hannah
Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1

CLASSIC! There is a person claiming to be a mjority of poster, and posting!

Very good AFF! I am posting! However what I said is correct, most people are ignoring it. I am only posting here to question why people seem to think this thread is building bridges between Myfc and the exisiting fan base. I'm all for building bridges with new members. But this thread isn't where it's happening.

.........And it won't all the time the so called real fans take that attitude. This is a light hearted attemprt to talk to other people without Lord Haw Haw boring us all to death with Willies Dogsh!tema!

Originally Posted By: Darter
Emily, I'm not here to get into an argument. I live in Lancaster. I got to as many games as I could this year, home and away.
Er ... and I don't have a bike, that's UU's joke.
I know Keith pretty well, I have been to matches with him and Lorraine, his partner. He's a nice guy and has been really helpful to people on here and on the other forum. But I am not Keith and he doesn't need me as a helper!
I think it's up to each individual to decide whether they feel that bridges are being built or not - that's a perception thing, and my perception, the way I feel, is that things are going the right way. You obviously feel differently. No worries.
Sal

He certainly doesn't, that's why I suggested you ask him for some tips!

And your trips to games you can attend is noted, Lancaster isn't an easy trip to Stonebridge Road. But throw away comments about being a Fleet Trust member do you no favours.

As for being a sourpuss - if having an opinion makes me one, then so be it. If you really are serious about wanting to build bridges I would have thought you'd be interested to hear what a Fleet fan thinks.

There are other ways that MyFC and EUFC can bond, i thought this could have been one way but i dont feel this is the case. I think it is best that we try to build bridges other ways, this way is clearly not working.

Originally Posted By: Howezy
There are other ways that MyFC and EUFC can bond, i thought this could have been one way but i dont feel this is the case. I think it is best that we try to build bridges other ways, this way is clearly not working.

Maybe a Toga Party

TOGA TOGA TOGA

Originally Posted By: Emily

As for being a sourpuss - if having an opinion makes me one, then so be it. If you really are serious about wanting to build bridges I would have thought you'd be interested to hear what a Fleet fan thinks.

I'd be interested to hear what other Fleet fans think. It helps if they are able to crack a smile. There is a difference between having an opinion and being opinionated. Luckily i know you aren't typical of all Fleet fans. I'm all for diversity so will forgive your rudeness. smile

Originally Posted By: Bitch

I'd be interested to hear what other Fleet fans think. It helps if they are able to crack a smile. There is a difference between having an opinion and being opinionated. Luckily i know you aren't typical of all Fleet fans. I'm all for diversity so will forgive your rudeness. smile

If you think that's rude you obviously don't get out much!

Am I not allowed to have an opinion now, wasn't aware I needed to ask the 'great Bitch' for permission?

Plenty of other Fleet fans have given you their opinion both in favour and not of this thread. Do their opinions not count either.

Maybe you should stick to your usual level of post in the shout box if you can't keep up on here.

Originally Posted By: Emily
Originally Posted By: Darter
Emily, I'm not here to get into an argument. I live in Lancaster. I got to as many games as I could this year, home and away.
Er ... and I don't have a bike, that's UU's joke.
I know Keith pretty well, I have been to matches with him and Lorraine, his partner. He's a nice guy and has been really helpful to people on here and on the other forum. But I am not Keith and he doesn't need me as a helper!
I think it's up to each individual to decide whether they feel that bridges are being built or not - that's a perception thing, and my perception, the way I feel, is that things are going the right way. You obviously feel differently. No worries.
Sal

He certainly doesn't, that's why I suggested you ask him for some tips!

And your trips to games you can attend is noted, Lancaster isn't an easy trip to Stonebridge Road. But throw away comments about being a Fleet Trust member do you no favours.

The fleet fan, like a lot of other of, Gods creachers have been giving two ears and only one mouth!!! maybe that's so you listen twice as much as you talk, or it could even be that others opinions have to be taken on board to move on.

Emily, you were in such a hurry to pay homage to me you didnt take time to read my post properly. I said 'there is a difference between having an opinion and being opinionated'.

Thankfully i dont need to have 'mates syndrome'. While you can only read it and weep others can actually form bonds and smile at life a bit.

I'm a fan of non league football. I watch what i want and i travel where i want. I'm always assured of a warm welcome wherever i go because i build bridges. A smile costs nothing you know. Do try it. Here smile That's how it works.