Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Amanda Knox - Guilty or Innocent

Amanda Knox was found innocent in the appeal courts in Italy and that's good enough for me. She's a free woman on merit and I hope she can just get on with her life now.

She is however a convicted criminal who tried to implicate an innocent man of murder, that's not in dispute either so she'll have to live with that.

Hopefully we can all move on from this.

Yeah I agree. She was found innocent of murder, so I think that is enough for us to accept it. Whether everyone truly believes she is innocent or not, she was found innocent so there is nothing more that can be done.

As far as being a convicted criminal, I agree she is. I think she more then paid for her crimes after being in an Italian jail for 4+ years. So I it's fair to say she did serve her time, but that does not change the facts of what she did. Patrick can never get back that time that people thought he had something to do with it, but don't the police have some blame to take in that? Also Amanda has to live with the fact that she lied, and it caused the police to accuse an innocent man. I don't think you ever really move passed that.

With that said, I she moves on with her life. If that is ever truly possible, but you can sure try. I guess she has for the most part.

Loose and Rhodsey seem to have completely disappeared into the wide blue yonder.

I blame alien abduction !

Well I guess when there is nothing to ague about, they move on. I thought for sure there would be way more back and forth after the verdict was handed down. I guess not.

Proved innocent, BUT, if she does have guilt, I wonder how she can live with herself for the rest of her life.

If she finds it easy, then she really is a hard faced, unfeeling b1tch !

Oh absolutely. If there is any guilt at all, and she can live with it. I think is a horrible person. I think we see those type people every single day, that not get convicted of crimes they truly committed.

I guess we will truly never know 100%, but we have the investigation to blame for that. They really screwed up some of the evidence.

Proved innocent, BUT, if she does have guilt, I wonder how she can live with herself for the rest of her life.

If she finds it easy, then she really is a hard faced, unfeeling b1tch!

Big J R, as you say Amanda was proved innocent, can't you just accept that. It's nice to see Brounmoney back on here although I'm a little surprised by some of his comments about our heroine and particularly about Patrick Lumumba, he needs to read this recent article about the shady and undesirable cafe owners involvement and I still maintain that he knew Meredith's killer Rudy Guede who frequented his establishment:

http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/patrick-lumumba/

Big J R, as you say Amanda was proved innocent, can't you just accept that. It's nice to see Brounmoney back on here although I'm a little surprised by some of his comments about our heroine and particularly about Patrick Lumumba, he needs to read this recent article about the shady and undesirable cafe owners involvement and I still maintain that he knew Meredith's killer Rudy Guede who frequented his establishment:

Welcome home Cliff.

"Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...,"

Karen, you've seen Jaws II then. Seriously though, like I said, our heroine was proved totally innocent of Meredith Kercher's slaying, I'm actually surprised that Ian hasn't closed this thread but it's his bread and butter isn't it.

What did I say about Amanda? I really don't know much about Patrick, but it does not seem likely to me he had anything to do with it.

My problem is, I am not very confident in the police investigation on this case. I am pretty sure Rudy was the killer, but I don't think he worked alone. I don't know we will ever know all that were truly involved. Also can't believe light of a sentence he got for slaying a young women as brutally as he did. Just does not seem right to me.

Think you've hit the nail on the head there, I think the DNA handling by the Italian authorities left a lot to be desired. Hopefully that wouldn't happen in either the UK or the US.

The full truth will never come out now, if anyone else is guilty, that person or those people will never own up now.

Totally agree. It's sad that this is the case because they could have done a much better job. Not to say they would have been 100% accurate, but we all would have way more confidence in their convictions.

I think they got stuck on Amanda and Raffaele from the beginning. It hurt the investigation because they were trying way to hard to make it fit. They should have kept a more open mind. Let the evidence do the talking, not them.

Edited by Brounmoney

Brounmoney - Did you happen to read our heroine's amazing article in the West Seattle Herald on Wrongful Conviction Day last week, she has such a talent doesn't she:

http://www.westseattleherald.com/2016/10/03/opinion/amandas-view-international-wrongful-conviction

Brounmoney - Did you happen to read our heroine's amazing article in the West Seattle Herald on Wrongful Conviction Day last week, she has such a talent doesn't she:

http://www.westseattleherald.com/2016/10/03/opinion/amandas-view-international-wrongful-conviction

Rhodes, she is a great writer and I think she is doing something she has a talent for. I think all the events have helped her become an even better writer. I like the saying "things happen for a reason". It has more meaning to me beyond the surface of the statement, but I think it holds true here. Her life was turned upside down, and she had nothing but writing when all this happened. She used that to write her book of her experience, and to really develop her skills. Terrible situations does not mean we can't learn something from them, and turn them into something positive. I think she did this in more then just writing.

Brounmoney, I couldn't agree with you more, Amanda is not just a pretty face is she and has an enormous talent for writing, the World is her oyster now and deservedly so after what she has been through and I wish her all the luck in the World, it was good of the local newspaper in Seattle to give Amanda the opportunity and her own column and she has really embraced it, some of her articles are riveting reads aren't they and she must have doubled or even trebled sales.

Brounmoney, I couldn't agree with you more, Amanda is not just a pretty face is she and has an enormous talent for writing, the World is her oyster now and deservedly so after what she has been through and I wish her all the luck in the World, it was good of the local newspaper in Seattle to give Amanda the opportunity and her own column and she has really embraced it, some of her articles are riveting reads aren't they and she must have doubled or even trebled sales.

I have no idea what she has done for sales. She is a popular name now, so she might have brought some readers to the newspaper. I totally agree she is a good writer, and I think she is now getting a chance to showcase her talents. What I will say though, she did not put herself in a great position 9 years ago. She had a lot of growing up to do, and in the end she had to do it really quickly.

Her actions after Meredith's death did her no favors at all. Being the pretty loud American girl that she was, it put her at a disadvantage from the beginning. Us American's aren't the most loved people around the world (as we can clearly see on this thread alone). She then increases the bad reputation we have by kissing and just acting crazy after Meredith's death. All of this helped the police see her as the prime suspect, which in all honesty she did not do a great job of not making them think it wasn't her. She was behind the 8 ball from the very start (which I am sure she did not think about at all), but then you compile her actions and it just makes things look weird. I think her actions would have seemed much different had this crime been done in GB or America for that matter. I think she acted like herself, which to me showed she was not tying to hide anything. She was completely oblivious to the whole thing.

Again that can be seen as bad or good. With her being an American in a country that aren't in love with American's, she made it pretty easy for them to hate her. I am not saying it's right, but I think that played a very large part.

Brounmoney, I couldn't agree with you more, Amanda is not just a pretty face is she and has an enormous talent for writing, the World is her oyster now and deservedly so after what she has been through and I wish her all the luck in the World, it was good of the local newspaper in Seattle to give Amanda the opportunity and her own column and she has really embraced it, some of her articles are riveting reads aren't they and she must have doubled or even trebled sales.

Pretty face ??  I wouldn't go that quite that far !!

An Italian prosecution debacle ?  YES.  We have to live with the verdict.  I still think she would be unwise to travel abroad, though.  Especially to Europe in particular.

Edited by Big J R

I still think she would be unwise to travel abroad, though.  Especially to Europe in particular.

Big JR - Not at all, why do you say that, Amanda would be welcomed with open arms wherever she went apart from Coulsdon and the Purley and Croydon area and possibly Perugia if, in the unlikely event, she was ever to return to where she was so wrongly caged for four years.

Actually Rhodes she wasn't wrongly imprisoned as I believe she never appealed against one of her guilty verdicts and the resulting prison stay.

To my knowledge she is therefore still a convicted criminal although having served her time.

Please correct me if I am wrong.