Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 12th March Games.

Smudge

Well I am sure you will be the first to tell us if anything ground breaking happens ;)

or wind-breaking, even ???? coffee%20(2).gif

Great pen save SoF, liking the little move along the line - never had the confidence to do that myself - preferred the "pick a side" and stick with it method

Thanx Briggers, I had no idea what I was doing, but knew I'd throw myself that way! Are u a Farnham player?

No mate, as Smudge says, Mole Valley through and through.

Bad knees, back and old age have sadly ended my playing days, but do a variety of other tasks to keep me involved.

Sorry to place Farnham by your name! but on here it's hard to tell who's with what team! Nice to know Briggers!

Animal wen we won league an southern combination cup you were playing for lammas thirds mate you ave a short memory

Ha I was making appereances there for a few games! Midfid dynamo! 3rds is being kind, it was the 4ths!!!!!

FULL TIME - EGHAM TOWN 4 (0) BOOKHAM 0 (0). Odd convention, that; a side fails to score in the whole game so clearly has no goals to report in the first half yet we balance it with a "(0)". I remember Steve Webb trying to catch me out once when I told him a partiicular match had ended 0-0. "What was the score at half time?", he joshed. I nearly bit. Anyway, we were pony in the first half, having 98% of the possession but being too intent on trying to score the perfect goal. We barely looked like scoring once, but then Jamie Hennessey got one on 58n minutes, a superb solo strike on 65, and our fourth on 88. Our third was scored by Chris Robinson, a defender (his first for us) even though John Pomroy had clearly controlled the ball with his hand in the build up. Sometimes they go for you...

The Staines & Egham News continued their fine tradition of not letting the truth getting in the way of a good story in saying that Hennessey's hat-trick at Cove was on his debut, even though my match report said "Hennessey had made a promising, lively debut against Guildford City". It looked good on the page, though. Does anyone know if Mr "Ash Ash Ash United" is still around to drive us mad as we have a trip to Youngs Drive next week.

You gotta love this geezer ? errrr.....errrrm...

COBHAM 0 V 2 SHEERWATER ,good win for the underdogs,well done Loop and Y.V

Here Here great result for Loop and all at Sheerwater...you may not need that favour after all Loop!! ;)

Great win Loop, just gutted you won when we did! Still that means Chobham remain rooted and FNE have gone down two places below both of us! Look forward to meeting you next Saturday and putting a face to the name in the interesting clash! Same points from a tough season, but both off the back of a win and with much improved form, should be a cracker!! :smilewinkgrin:

Wattsy, Tucks and Smudger, Cheers for the nice words lads, Tucks no Favours needed me hopes! Ah yes Wattsy I think are paths have crossed b4 be good to have that chat next week, great result for you lot we was looking forward to being 4th from bottom and you went and spoilt the party mate, hope alls going ok with you at mo as read your blog the other week i am bang in your corner and any time you feel like a chat about anything just shout.

Ask Jurgs about the 1st goal! hahaha, sorry Jurgs

As I couldn't make the MVSCR v Camberley clash on Saturday, i took the chance to watch our Reserves take a big step toward the Reserve Division title, when they beat 2nd placed Frimley Green, to move 8 pts clear, with a game in hand.

Managed to get a few pictures as well.

post-5526-0-94211300-1300053498_thumb.jpg

post-5526-0-37293300-1300053597_thumb.jpg

To see full image collection, click here

BBM hope I didn't put you off mate but asking my team what way u shoot!

Plus I ran away once the ref blew the whistle to tap my post

We've still got to play u at your place right?

I got some stick for missing that... especially as you were on the other side of the goal!

Yeah your coming to us on a Tuesday night! It took us 2 hours to get to you on Saturday, so good luck with your trip wink.gif

I got some stick for missing that... especially as you were on the other side of the goal!

Yeah your coming to us on a Tuesday night! It took us 2 hours to get to you on Saturday, so good luck with your trip wink.gif

2 hours, How come? Which way did u go? To anyone not knowing how to get to the arena I think junction 6 of the M25 and follow the sat-nav from there! But I know the M25 can be rubbish

That was my first pen save of the season out of 6. Did u hear me ask everyone "which way does he go?"

2 hours, How come? Which way did u go? To anyone not knowing how to get to the arena I think junction 6 of the M25 and follow the sat-nav from there! But I know the M25 can be rubbish

That was my first pen save of the season out of 6. Did u hear me ask everyone "which way does he go?"

Richie pointless telling people on here the best way too the Arena,funny how they have never moaned about trips to Parsonage Field,Verdayne Gdns.Church Rd.Whyteleafe,which to any local is 10 mins drive away from the Arena,just an excuse used when they lose me thinks.

BBM ONLY TO 2 HOURS WHAT TO CROYDON ARENA.........NO SURELY NOT ............ LOL !!! IS IT A WONDER WHY PEOPLE DON'T GO TO WATCH ! SIMPLY NO MATTER BE IT A SATURDAY OR MIDWEEK IT'S A DISASTER TO GET TO MAYBE AN ADVANTAGE TO THE HOME TEAM.......... THEN MAYBE NOT SEEING WHERE CROYDON ARE IN THE LEAGUE ?

Edited by NICE GUY

For our cup semi last weds we left on a coach at half 4 we were out warming up before most of oppo got there getting there early does make a difference

NEWBY, THINK YOU WERE LUCKY TO GET PLAYERS TO MEET AT 4.30 PM FAIR PLAY TO THEM, BUT NOT ALWAYS PLAYERS CAN GET AWAY BEFORE 4.30PM FROM WORK TO GET AND MEET AT YOUR CLUB. SOMETIMES IT'S NOT FEESABLE ...................

Ng you are right its not always feasible but weve done it midweek so a saturday shouldnt really matter as majority of players arent working mate when we turned up 1/2 hr before kick off earlier in season we werent prepared properly an duly got smashed bit like sat really our warm up was poor we were poor an duly got smashed

BBM ONLY TO 2 HOURS WHAT TO CROYDON ARENA.........NO SURELY NOT ............ LOL !!! IS IT A WONDER WHY PEOPLE DON'T GO TO WATCH ! SIMPLY NO MATTER BE IT A SATURDAY OR MIDWEEK IT'S A DISASTER TO GET TO MAYBE AN ADVANTAGE TO THE HOME TEAM.......... THEN MAYBE NOT SEEING WHERE CROYDON ARE IN THE LEAGUE ?

Doesn't seem to be much of an advantage to us this season. Of our 7 league wins, only 1 of them has been at home! :(

As a seasoned long-distance traveller to the Arena, can confirm that Junction 6 of the M25 is the one to aim for.

There are lots of ways you can come to the arena m25 or not it's doesn't matter because if the traffic's there it's there nothing you cam do about it, sometime it will be clear and sometimes a bloody nightmare so all depends on the day.

Edited by BlueAndWhiteArmy