Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Guernsey Thread

I like the way you suddenly stop mouthing of when you have been told by your fellow islanders to back of everyone is entitled to there own opinion good or bad but those opinions should be reigned in to a point in which they don't become offensive and inconsiderate of others yes we have banter and yes sometimes it can get a little heated but the things you have come up with go beyond the point outrages and maybe you need to learn a thing or too football players don't volunteer its not a charity its a game played for the love and entertainment for your team and country and you are rubbing noses in it even your fellow islanders have said that theres a difference between fact and opinion your not stating fact your stating your opinion we don't talk drivel we talk football and other related things

I have no intention of suddenly stopping voicing my opinion for anyone, Guernsey or none Guernsey. Reigned in? Offensive? Inconsiderate? why not try Honest, Realistic and yes, Controversial. If Guernsey had been beaten yesterday this site would have been alive with 'what was all the noise about' I would have had to put up with all of that so it is only right that I am allowed to make reciprocal opinions. In these opinions I honestly believe that I have said and done nothing wrong

That's because you're a first class bell end. You comments were over the top and unneccesary. You could quite easily have said similar thoughts in different words if you didn't want to intentionally piss people off.

I like the way you suddenly stop mouthing of when you have been told by your fellow islanders to back of everyone is entitled to there own opinion good or bad but those opinions should be reigned in to a point in which they don't become offensive and inconsiderate of others yes we have banter and yes sometimes it can get a little heated but the things you have come up with go beyond the point outrages and maybe you need to learn a thing or too football players don't volunteer its not a charity its a game played for the love and entertainment for your team and country and you are rubbing noses in it even your fellow islanders have said that theres a difference between fact and opinion your not stating fact your stating your opinion we don't talk drivel we talk football and other related things

I have no intention of suddenly stopping voicing my opinion for anyone, Guernsey or none Guernsey. Reigned in? Offensive? Inconsiderate? why not try Honest, Realistic and yes, Controversial. If Guernsey had been beaten yesterday this site would have been alive with 'what was all the noise about' I would have had to put up with all of that so it is only right that I am allowed to make reciprocal opinions. In these opinions I honestly believe that I have said and done nothing wrong

That's because you're a first class bell end. You comments were over the top and unneccesary. You could quite easily have said similar thoughts in different words if you didn't want to intentionally piss people off.

Thanks for your educated comments

MANY A TRUE WORD SAID IN JEST.

You may think that you are funny but you are a disgrace. To even think, let alone publish, your offensive comments is disrespectful and rude to everyone who follow Guernsey and you are not man enough to apologise

Talk about me!

You sir are a hypocrite. Where is your apology? you're too stubborn to admit that you were disrespectful and offensive, yet expect him to apologise for doing the same thing...............................

Smudge is wrong in my opinion. I think it is said in jest.

Thanks for your educated comments

Far more educated than you inane ramblings.

You may think that you are funny but you are a disgrace. To even think, let alone publish, your offensive comments is disrespectful and rude to everyone who follow Guernsey and you are not man enough to apologise

Talk about me!

You sir are a hypocrite. Where is your apology? you're too stubborn to admit that you were disrespectful and offensive, yet expect him to apologise for doing the same thing...............................

I am not going to apologise for my opinions. They are my opinions and I stand by them. I have not tried to mislead anyone with comments regarding 'firms' or 'death threats' there is a difference here

Firstly, no Guernsey supporter threatens to kill a 7 year old. The forum comment is a joking reference to when a Horley ballboy gave travelling Guernsey supporters a death threat. The comments about 'firms' are also clearly meant to be jokes. I'm sure similar jokes are posted throughout the forums of every club.

Guernsey Guru isn't doing himself, or the club any favours and neither does he represent the opinions of Guernsey fans in any way. I don't think anyone in Guernsey is expecting us to walk the league. We simply don't know enough about the league or the opposition to make an informed judgement. However like all football supporters, we are cautiously optimistic that we will do well in this league which is based on our great record in the Island Games, FA National League System Cup and the comments of those ITK at this level.

Being rude and bad winners in no way helps the club or the sport. Respect and fair play must stretch from the bottom rungs of the Non-League to the Champions League. The vast majority of Guernsey fans are respectful to the opposition, so do not take GG's comments as typical.

However respect must also be shown to us. We are a tight knit community club and we want to play fairly, and by the rules of the league. We have followed these rules, and honoured every financial commitment or otherwise to our fellow clubs. We have been relentlessly criticised posters on these forums for no apparent or fair reason. We were criticised for being allowed to have 1PM kick offs for away games. It wasn't acknowledged that we give visiting clubs the same courtesy and perceived advantage at our ground (the Knaphill game being one such example). We were slated for our alleged advantage against traveling teams due to them having to fly. Well guess what, each clubs will only be making 1 trip a season to Guernsey, Guernsey will be making 17 of these trips! There have been many of these unfounded digs, and quite frankly it is disrespectful to us, and to the league which has sanctioned our existence.

I can sympathise to a degree with GG. Some have groundlessly and relentlessly attacked our conduct, and this can be frustrating. All we want to do is play football, rise to our appropriate level and give Guernsey lads the chance to compete at a higher standard. Respect is a two way street, the vast majority of posters on this forum and Guernsey fans are respectful to the league and to one another. It is a just a vocal minority that is spoiling everyone's enjoyment with their disrespectful, and unfounded bickering.

Edited by TeabagGSY

Talk about me!

I am not going to apologise for my opinions. They are my opinions and I stand by them. I have not tried to mislead anyone with comments regarding 'firms' or 'death threats' there is a difference here

Your comment was that he was offensive and disrespectful. So were you. There are more similarities than you care to admit. He intepreted something differently to you and I, but that is still his opinion. It is clear by the reaction on here that you have offended and others feel disrespected the league and officials, yet you won't apologise, so I ask again, why should he?

Firstly, no Guernsey supporter threatens to kill a 7 year old. The forum comment is a joking reference to when a Horley ballboy gave travelling Guernsey supporters a death threat. The comments about 'firms' are also clearly meant to be jokes. I'm sure similar jokes are posted throughout the forums of every club.

Guernsey Guru isn't doing himself, or the club any favours and neither does he represent the opinions of Guernsey fans in any way. I don't think anyone in Guernsey is expecting us to walk the league. We simply don't know enough about the league or the opposition to make an informed judgement. However like all football supporters, we are cautiously optimistic that we will do well in this league which is based on our great record in the Island Games, FA National League System Cup and the comments of those ITK at this level.

Being rude and bad winners in no way helps the club or the sport. Respect and fair play must stretch from the bottom rungs of the Non-League to the Champions League. The vast majority of Guernsey fans are respectful to the opposition, so do not take GG's comments as typical.

However respect must also be shown to us. We are a tight knit community club and we want to play fairly, and by the rules of the league. We have followed these rules, and honoured every financial commitment or otherwise to our fellow clubs. We have been relentlessly criticised posters on these forums for no apparent or fair reason. We were criticised for being allowed to have 1PM kick offs for away games. It wasn't acknowledged that we give visiting clubs the same courtesy and perceived advantage at our ground (the Knaphill game being one such example). We were slated for our alleged advantage against traveling teams due to them having to fly. Well guess what, each clubs will only be making 1 trip a season to Guernsey, Guernsey will be making 17 of these trips! There have been many of these unfounded digs, and quite frankly it is disrespectful to us, and to the league which has sanctioned our existence.

I can sympathise to a degree with GG. Some have groundlessly and relentlessly attacked our conduct, and this can be frustrating. All we want to do is play football, rise to our appropriate level and give Guernsey lads the chance to compete at a higher standard. Respect is a two way street, the vast majority of posters on this forum and Guernsey fans are respectful to the league and to one another. It is a just a vocal minority that is spoiling everyone's enjoyment with their disrespectful, and unfounded bickering.

I haven't commented on anything to do with Guernsey, but actually having relatives that live there and watch the team, I feel they have been put in the wrong league. They should have been allowed to enter a couple of cup competitions first to get a gauge on what level thay should be at, for me that should be a minimum of CCL prem, but we'll see.

That aside, I agree to a point, although if you want to enter a league, you should do it on the same basis as the other clubs eg 3pm kick offs etc. From the other side of the coin, I don't think you should be paying for flights either.

hold up gg i never said anything about there being a firm or death threats what i said was that smudge wasn't lying there is talk of death threats and firms on the site i never said it wasn't tongue in cheek nor did i say it was a guernsey firm so I'm not to sure ur comments against me are in anyway fair teabag u started with what i thought was a very good point but unfortunately i can't agree with a lot of it why can't we complain about flights and game times we aren't the wants that wanted to join the league from an island so unfortunately the only problem is yours for having to travel so much i have been vocal at the moment about guernsey but that is because gg has been outrages i don't feel any of our posters have been to offensive to guernsey i think it is mostly in defence or pointing out floors and disadvantages for us so sorry if you feel un welcome but siding with gg isn't going to get you anywhere his posts in anyones eyes are not right

i myself have read guerneys forum and there is talk of death threats and FIRMs so unlucky gg smudge isn't making anything up nor does he police this site often he is the one being policed :P smudges powers are stretched at editing and deleting posts wow now thats like having a PCSO no powers

Not correct Jack I cannot do either.

o sorry i thought you could you at least could at one point

I haven't commented on anything to do with Guernsey, but actually having relatives that live there and watch the team, I feel they have been put in the wrong league. They should have been allowed to enter a couple of cup competitions first to get a gauge on what level thay should be at, for me that should be a minimum of CCL prem, but we'll see.

That aside, I agree to a point, although if you want to enter a league, you should do it on the same basis as the other clubs eg 3pm kick offs etc. From the other side of the coin, I don't think you should be paying for flights either.

The issue with kick off times is that Guernsey do not have any special power to alter kick off times that other clubs don't have (as far as I'm aware). I read that as long as both clubs are in agreement then kick off times can be set for whenever it is most mutually convenient. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if this is the case then why are Guernsey being criticised for something that every club can do if needed?

Jackd, we know having to travel is our problem and that we've brought it on ourselves, but we're not complaining about it. We accept that this as a drawback of our status and we are trying to work around it, and get on with competing as best we can in away games. Also I'm not siding with GG, I think he is out of line in what he has been saying. Fair enough he can have opinions and be confident about what the club can achieve, but that is no excuse for being rude and discourteous to our opposition and to ground hoppers on this forum. What I was trying to get across was that I can understand why he reacted in that way because I also feel that GFC are being unfairly criticised, but that it is no excuse to post in the way he has been. We are a friendly community club, and we want to build great links with opposing teams and show them the best Guernsey has to offer. If there is anything every Guernseyman is proud of, it's the island!