Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Guernsey Thread

Know I came back to help out for a reason!! I hope you dont need anything from your last game Guernsey Guru becasue I will find you!!

Please don't think all Guerns are as cocky as GG. The light hearted banter seems to have turned personal which is unnecessary. I don't think any of us can cooment on the quality of opposition afterall if we were any good ourselves we'd be playing!! It was an exceptional start to the season for us but it's a long old season. Best of luck to all.

GG, out of interest who is it that upset you? Please name the 'Guernsey bashers' that turned you, all of them!!!

Didn't know there was still a Guernsey league going on as well! How is that going to work?!

Guys write what you like Knaphill came to Guernsey, were looked after properly, but were no where near the level of Guernsey. Travelling will obviously be a problem to Guernsey but trust me if you can get 9/2, as I have today, on Guernsey to win this league please take it, Knaphill cam here, they tried really hard, but now we know that Guernsey are 2 leagues above CC:L1 at least, This does sound cocky but it is true to those of us who are realistic

I agree with you Guru. If Knaphill are one of the better sides there will be some rugby scores at Footes Lane this year !

I'm waiting for some away games and a few more games to assess our chances of winning the league though. Although 9/2 looks big today !

9/2,is that the score or the odds.If it's the odds lump on now.The only problem I would see,is the bookie going out of business before the season ends.DOING A RUNNER as we would say up north.

Edited by Smudge

Wait til you play lammas, yer we lost today but believe me when I say this well smash you boys to the isle of white and back!! Tucks and the boys are coming for ya!

Dream on mate - I hope you enjoyed your night on the beer, Lammas are supposed to be one of our biggest rivals, losing on day 1????? lets talk more about believing when you bring something to the tale, ok?

By the way Guernsey were really poor today, I mean it, it was the worst performance I have seen from GFC but if we are to judge the CCl by Knaphill we will win this league even though we are crap!!

Aren't you nice and respectful towards the other clubs. If that's the worst performance you've seen from Guernsey then i will expect you to win most games 10-20 nil.

Ross Allen is one of the best players I've ever played against but he didn't even have the decency to apologize or see if I was okay after his forearm left me spitting blood.

You'll win the league but i hope you get smashed a few times!!

Apologies for cross thread posting

Whilst I congratulate Guernsey upon their new venture and wish them all the best I feel that I need to express my views on some of the comments that have been posted in this forum.

Firstly, I have no personal interest in the Combined Counties League, I live up here in darkest Yorkshire.

Every non-league football club strives to better themselves up the non-league footballing ladder and for that they all deserve to be be respected. However what one does not want is for the 'stronger teams' rubbing it in towards the 'weaker ones'.

Guernsey (or rather those gloating posters here) I feel need to work on their people skills. You are not the first club to find yourselves in the position of being a very large fish in a small pool, AFC Wimbledon and FC United of Manchester are two that spring to mind. They both are regarded highly because they went about their business and moved up the non-league ladder without fuss.

Take a leaf out of their book and I'm sure you will find that people will stop knocking you and start applauding you.

Guernsey Guru and Guernsey donkey,

1st of all, what a couple of kents!!! Correct, you guys yesterday were leagues apart from us. We gave you too much time, you played some awesome football, your 1500 fans got behind you tremedously, you completely bossed the game. Your 6 (Zico) was in a league of his own! Well done to you guys! In my opinion, after playing you yesterday i cannot see any team taking any points on the island and at 9/2 for you boys to win the league?? Go put your house on it because it WILL happen!!

HOWEVER, you dont do yourselves any favours by being such bad winners and completley letting your side down in that respect. No1 has time for that on here and its like Arnold Schwarzenegger going into a kids play ground and boosting he's that hardest!! What a couple of tools!!

Yea I know charlie, just don't like the disrespect made to whitelaw, knaphill and the league its self, If they win the league I'll be the first to say congratulation but don't come on here after 1 game and say were gonna p1ss this league. I was well happy when they got accepted to the league, and if guernsey are anything like guru and donkey, then I can't wait to go over there!

Yea I know charlie, just don't like the disrespect made to whitelaw, knaphill and the league its self, If they win the league I'll be the first to say congratulation but don't come on here after 1 game and say were gonna p1ss this league. I was well happy when they got accepted to the league, and if guernsey are anything like guru and donkey, then I can't wait to go over there!

I totally agree,but as we know the majority of the fans are not like that. AFC didnt win every game when they came in the league,I know that Guersney have started in a div lower but then they are not as good as AFC were. As I posted on here a while back ,they are not going to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds just to compete in the CCL they have their sights set a tad higher !!!! Let them enjoy their moment of glory, I just wonder if they will be so voiciferous when they don't win?!!

Hi guys. Can I just apologise for the utter crap being written by a couple of my fellow islanders. They clearly don't understand football, bit even worse they lack the common sense and common courtesy that virtually every other donkey I know.

It seems the price we pay for freedom of speech is having to filter out the offensive nonsense.

We have spent generations developing a reputation as a welcoming, humble, friendly and generous community, and I will be very p"ssed off if a couple of thoughtless braggarts ruin this great adventure. They are in no way representative of the 1500 at the ground, nor the rest of the island.

To the game itself. Of course it was amazing. A 5-0 win on your debut can only have exceeded everyone's wildest expectations. And we did play well. But let's wait and see how things go. On the day we were better, but the game was finished by the 3,4,5 going in so quickly, and in all truth I think it exaggerated the difference between the two sides on the day.

There were so many positives on the day I just pray they aren't taken away from us by some empty cans making the most noise.

Guernsey Guru and Guernsey donkey,

1st of all, what a couple of kents!!! Correct, you guys yesterday were leagues apart from us. We gave you too much time, you played some awesome football, your 1500 fans got behind you tremedously, you completely bossed the game. Your 6 (Zico) was in a league of his own! Well done to you guys! In my opinion, after playing you yesterday i cannot see any team taking any points on the island and at 9/2 for you boys to win the league?? Go put your house on it because it WILL happen!!

HOWEVER, you dont do yourselves any favours by being such bad winners and completley letting your side down in that respect. No1 has time for that on here and its like Arnold Schwarzenegger going into a kids play ground and boosting he's that hardest!! What a couple of tools!!

Theres no need to get personal mate I have never done that to anyone on this site.

I don't think i've done anything wrong apart from get behind my team. I have full faith in my team to finish top 3.

Thanks you for your honest write up of the game :)