Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Day quits Chertsey!!

Redrup No2

hi

Farnborough Supporter and not all of us are feeling Joyous over this Alledged happening . my late Father was

Aldershot through and through and the Upset there was bad , there still a lot a bad feeling .

Farnborough Struggling at the moment and you can see that the club needs the money and a few are getting

Excited at Riches coming , suggest they Step Back and think a bit . whose cash will it be why does he

want to come to another Lame duck club knowing what happened to Aldershot.

Why is he leaving Chertsey forgive me i know nothing about the club only that he has plowed lots of cash

into it is the club secure without him ?

Yes i am concerned about Farnborough Future and i dont want this guy anywhere near it .

Tony

farnborough local

We are all made differently thats a fact. With Spencer, he loves the limelight in my opinion, nothing wrong with that, but he is forever always in the paper for one reason or another, even been on TV.... he loves it ! He loves to promote himself, again to be noticed by people who may not even know of him.

A little arrogant it has been said about Spencer which maybe true, but you cannot fault the man who kept his word with Chertsey. He has done a good job leaving Chertsey in good stead. It is now upto their committee and chairman to work without readymade funds, and now is the time to show their worth, 'cos if they don't I honestly fear the worst....

Edited by NICE GUY

So what will Spencers role at Farnborough be?

Will Haylock stay? Would imagine a large pay off if sacking him and Gareth?

Will the debts be taken on?

I hear 3 Chertsey players already going to Farnborough? Which ones?

Good luck to Spencer, I fear knowing Farnborough that he is going to need it in whatever capacity he goes across in.

Just been reading through the posts on the Farnborough FC forum, makes you want to weep really.

One or two sensible types on there, but i'm amazed at the attitude of some of them on there considering they saw the previous team go bust. Not a dig at Spencer at all, as I have no idea if he's planning to put money in or not, but that's all some of them are worried about - how much money is going to be put in. No sympathy with them if it all goes tits up again.

I did laugh at Kroons being labelled a top stirrer/moaner! Perhaps those fans are more perceptive than I thought ;)

Also, 3 Chertsey players on their way apparently. Any guesses??

Heads in the sand. all happy for the budget to be increased completely ignoring £1.2m of liabilities but Spencer is shrewd enough for them to be gone before he takes over. Loved Creeky's comment :)

pagey, smith an JOHNNO

Spencer is not my cup of tea came across him playing sunday football for holmes place big fella with an ego to match done wonders for chertsey but how they will fair now ? people dont usually make the same mistake twice i bet hes thought long an hard about this move to farnborough an will get it right!! think he needs to not manage though an stick behind the scenes on this one !!

havent really got a bad word to say about him i dont know him that well but know people who do , alotr of this hate is possibly jealousy i mean we would all like to be doing what he is now doing wouldnt we , buy a club take it on an make it big or bigger than it is .............

Fat boy personally I think ya full of s.h.I.t and what u said was bang out of order.

Opinions yes everyone is entitled to but comments like that are unacceptable and having had somebody close to me affected by that disease is not called for.

Grow up and like my mum said if u have nothing nice to say keep ya mouth shut!!!

Well unfortunately for you, I couldn't give a rats ass what you think, It is a very common saying and not something I just made up on the sport. if you are that touchy, football really isn't the sport for you.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, you don't like mine, tough [****!!****]!

Spencer Day's last hurrah didn't go as planned or with a bang after losing 4-2 to Beaconsfield last night.

Agree, in my personal opinion not many current plauers will be upto Conference level BUT if certain players are asked and the move is financially sound for them, they should give it a try. What players must remember is they will be full time so will the money earnt from Farnboro' be enough to cover any monthly outlays/bills ? As proven, sometimes being part-time and having a job you will earn more than just being full time !

Players can try, if they are not deemed good enough, they will have had a go so good luck to them.

Chertsey and their new manager, be aware of the vultures they are hovering above just waiting to make that dive .....

Must admit nice guy last nights game was emotional for all however gave our best against a very good beaconsfield side.

Had a few drinks after and even big man Spencer weld up!!!

Great loss to chertsey

hi

Farnborough Supporter and not all of us are feeling Joyous over this Alledged happening . my late Father was

Aldershot through and through and the Upset there was bad , there still a lot a bad feeling .

Farnborough Struggling at the moment and you can see that the club needs the money and a few are getting

Excited at Riches coming , suggest they Step Back and think a bit . whose cash will it be why does he

Why is he leaving Chertsey forgive me i know nothing about the club only that he has plowed lots of cash

Yes i am concerned about Farnborough Future and i dont want this guy anywhere near it .

Tony

farnborough local

We are all made differently thats a fact. With Spencer, he loves the limelight in my opinion, nothing wrong with that, but he is forever always in the paper for one reason or another, even been on TV.... he loves it ! He loves to promote himself, again to be noticed by people who may not even know of him.

A little arrogant it has been said about Spencer which maybe true, but you cannot fault the man who kept his word with Chertsey. He has done a good job leaving Chertsey in good stead. It is now upto their committee and chairman to work without readymade funds, and now is the time to show their worth, 'cos if they don't I honestly fear the worst....

Limelight, promote one's ego !

Already Spencer has requested an interview with FCVideo the TV people who cover Farnboro games, not the other way round.... JJ whats that song again? Its all about......... he loves an image and high profile does our Spencer ! Now whats that Geri Halliwell song.... Look at me ....lol !!!

Papers are next,.make sure you have the right profile for the photo Spence .... ha ha !

hi

Tony

farnborough local

Limelight, promote one's ego !

Already Spencer has requested an interview with FCVideo the TV people who cover Farnboro games, not the other way round.... JJ whats that song again? Its all about......... he loves an image and high profile does our Spencer ! Now whats that Geri Halliwell song.... Look at me ....lol !!!

Papers are next,.make sure you have the right profile for the photo Spence .... ha ha !

someone else likes to put themselves in the limelight too, but puts a paper bag over his head so we dont get dazzled by the grin

After posting on this website on and off for a few years its obviously time to say goodbye to 'CHERTSEYTOWN'. Thankyou for those whom have posted, emailed and called their support and those that havent I hope to continue to prove you wrong and those that are just out of order I couldnt really care a less about you but you are entitled to your opinon.

All the best to those in the CCL, a fantastic League and I hope to see a lot of you still throughout football as I have generally enjoyed my time in the League.

Good luck to you all,

Spencer