Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Step 5 Restructuring

I didn't think the FA had the power to merge leagues.

I thought all they can do is allocate leagues to various steps in the National League System.

Because of that, what I can see happening is the Essex Senior being downgraded to step 6 with the teams who want to stay at step 5 absorbed into other leagues which will have knock on effects throughout the south east. There isn't a step 6 league in Essex at the moment.

I can't see Kent being downgraded as the FA have just allowed them to set up a step 6 league for this season.

The other reduction I can see involves the Hellenic League. It's step 6 divisions are full of reserves so I can see its Premier Division being downgraded to step 6 with the current teams split amongst various leagues - Ascot, Bracknell, Binfield, Reading etc. could all join an expanded CCL with the Eastern CCL clubs being pushed into the Sussex or Kent Leagues.

This is why I think Windsor were put into our league and not the Hellenic - the FA have plans!

I might be putting two and two together and getting five and I may be completely wrong in my view that the FA can't merge leagues but I think the solution is fairly easy. The leagues that get downgraded will kick up a stink but the FA have the power to move them around - they've done it plenty of times in the past.

The big question is could Guernsey be forced to stay at step 6 or do the champions have to be promoted?

Also what if there were too many step 6 clubs? Would it mean a forced relegation for sides without the correct ground grading ?

I've been following the debates on this issue on the nonleaguematters forum for a while now. As mentioned before the CCL could be disrupted by this or hopefully they will sort out some of the other leagues which aren't as well run. There are also rumours of there being NO relagtion from Step 4 this season as a precursor to all this. This would mean larger Step 4 leagues and therefore in theory more of a chance of promotion slots from Step 5 in the season after. Maybe we would have play-offs after all.

It would be extremely depressing if either the champions of the CCLP or the top sides in CCL1 are denied any promotion at the end of this season.

I've been following the debates on this issue on the nonleaguematters forum for a while now. As mentioned before the CCL could be disrupted by this or hopefully they will sort out some of the other leagues which aren't as well run. There are also rumours of there being NO relagtion from Step 4 this season as a precursor to all this. This would mean larger Step 4 leagues and therefore in theory more of a chance of promotion slots from Step 5 in the season after. Maybe we would have play-offs after all.

It would be extremely depressing if either the champions of the CCLP or the top sides in CCL1 are denied any promotion at the end of this season.

Rumoured NO RELEGATION from Step 4?Are there that many Clubs going bust then,would I be right in thinking that if a step 5 club has the grading,they must surely be promoted,else it would make a mockery of the Pyramid system.Where did this rumour start and by whom.

and i take ith the part in question is the changing rooms / car park issue

I think it is the walkway from the changing rooms to the pitch along with covered standing being required. Could be wrong

My view on this .......

It is unfair on those clubs who can come up... and it is wrong for clubs that are in the relegation zone not to go down ... irrespective of all the laws and rules as it should all be in place.... I know its harsh but it is only my view...

Had some time to look at this with thoughts of how they might restructure to emilinate one league. The league that may go is what we currently consider our Combined Counties League.

Could we see the Combined Counties shift to a Surrey & Sussex link up? It may follow the current Hellenic League structure and may be as follows:

Combined Counties Prem (Including Sussex League)

Combined Counties Div 1 North (Including Sussex League)

Combined Counties Div 1 South (Including Sussex League)

Combined Counties Div 2 North (Including Sussex League)

Combined Counties Div 2 South (Including Sussex League)

Clubs will be devided into the other current leagues with some that do not have ground gradings etc be relegated.

The other leagues that could hold current CCL clubs may be:

Wessex Prem

Wessex Div 1 North

Wessex Div 1 South

Hellenic Prem

Hellenic Div 1 East

Hellenic Div 1 West

Hellenic Div 2 East

Hellenic Div 1 West

The Wessex and CCL/Sussex above are reconstructed.

I have tried to allocate clubs due to their areas as below:

Ash United (Wessex)

Bedfont Sports (Hellenic)

Badshot Lea (Wessex)

Bookham (Sussex)

Banstead Athletic (Sussex)

CB Hounslow United (Hellenic)

Camberley Town (Wessex)

Cobham (Hellenic)

Chessington & Hook United (Sussex)

Eversley (Wessex)

Colliers Wood United (Sussex)

Farleigh Rovers (Sussex)

Cove (Wessex)

Feltham (Hellenic)

Croydon (Sussex)

Frimley Green (Wessex)

Dorking (Sussex)

Guernsey (Sussex)

Egham Town (Hellenic)

Hartley Wintney (Wessex)

Epsom & Ewell (Sussex)

Knaphill (Hellenic)

Farnham Town (Wessex)

Sheerwater (Hellenic)

Guildford City (Wessex)

South Kilburn (Hellenic)

Hanworth Villa (Hellenic)

Spelthorne Sports (Hellenic)

Horley Town (Sussex)

Staines Lammas (Hellenic)

Mole Valley SCR (Sussex)

Warlingham (Sussex)

Molesey (Hellenic)

Westfield (Hellenic)

Raynes Park Vale (Sussex)

Worcester Park (Sussex)

Sandhurst Town (Hellenic)

South Park (Sussex)

Wembley (Hellenic)

Windsor (Hellenic)

I know it looks like there are a lot of teams to accomodate but there could be other qualifying factors for the constitution, maybe even 24 league spaces each division. I havent really done the full maths on this.

At the start of this thread CC said 'speculate' so that is what I have done.

Wessex league. That was discussed a few years ago at Krooner and was decided it wouldnt be the right move for the club. I also wonder if groundsharing might become something you cannot do if they are looking to reduce the number of clubs. Just speculating of course.

Wessex league. That was discussed a few years ago at Krooner and was decided it wouldnt be the right move for the club. I also wonder if groundsharing might become something you cannot do if they are looking to reduce the number of clubs. Just speculating of course.

So Kroons, you really think the FA would happily kill clubs off just so that those that are left fit into neat little piles??