Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SATURDAY 21st JANUARY

Smudge

Time wasting isn't an offence under the laws of the game is it - if a player is injured no time is "wasted" as the Ref stops his watch

So why did the referee speak to the captain on one occasion? Why do players in professional teams get bookednfor time wasting,mim pretty sure it's a cautionable offence.

why?? it makes no difference, many a game over here has had an official drop out at the last minute, we don't have a 4th official to call on, we have to make do !!!

4th official !!! why are you having 4th officials?? are they league supplied or is it a local referee?

Locals do it, we're not made of money you know!

Has he officiated at many games? Appreciate he was a young lad,but there were a few occassions when he ignored the rules of the game.

Pointed out that your sub warming up behind the referees assistant should not be involved in shouting at the official. His response was to laugh and say it's ok. As I said before,very strange and I see little benefit in him being there.

The fact is that whoever the 4th official is/was and whether he's local or flown in with the 'team'. Its wrong, the size of crowd has no bearing. All clubs should be playing by the same rules and same arrangements, why should guernsey be using a 4th official, why did you have no christmas fixtures (if you go up to the prem you may still be granted this favour) but if you then proceed to step 4 i'm sure you won't so why now ?? Why have you got (after saturday) virtually all your remaining 8/9 games at home? A huge advantage you didn't need. IT IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time wasting isn't an offence under the laws of the game is it - if a player is injured no time is "wasted" as the Ref stops his watch

So why did the referee speak to the captain on one occasion? Why do players in professional teams get bookednfor time wasting,mim pretty sure it's a cautionable offence.

Delaying the restart of play is cautionable - were there many such instances?

TRS - I've no doubt your right about afc as well, BUT WHY, the size of the crowd has nothing to do with 4th official.

No idea, but as Whitelaw was about then too I guess he can tell us the thinking behind it.

I believe it was to do with some early trouble AFC Wombles had with benches so to prevent problems ongoing AFC requested 4th officials and I also believed that AFC always paid for them. Had the pleasure when they played Viking Greenford, Only trouble that day was with AFC bench who I am sorry to say were so far up themselves it was quite unbelieveable. Completely different to how all the off the field club officials acted.

Unable to view the footage as i'm travelling today.

GD - Apologies that we have benefitted from a poor decision for the penalty (as per your post above)

What were your thoughts on the other decisions discussed in this thread:

1) Potential red card for our defender (penalty incident)?

2) Your players red card?

3) The tackle that resulted in our player being stretchered off?

4) Foul on our forward when clean through,but offside given?

Hopefully I'll be able to view tomorrow

1) Thought your player should have been sent off as he was the last man and it was a goalscoring opportunity

There is no such law relating to the last man. Bloody annoys me when the so called experts on MOTD go on about the last man. The law refers to denying a goal scoring opportunity.

why should guernsey be using a 4th official, why did you have no christmas fixtures (if you go up to the prem you may still be granted this favour)

You need to get your facts right on this point my friend, no Christmas fxitures was not done at the request of Guernsey! it was done as no manland clubs wanted to travel here over the Festive period. I am getting a bit fedup of having to repeat this. Whitelaw posted this information originally and added that he thought IF Guernsye had been asked to play they would have fulfilled the fixture without any fuss.

Edited by HKP

Delaying the restart of play is cautionable - were there many such instances?

yes, lots. Delays on taking many freekicks and throwins.Probably done to frustrate the players and also wind up the crowd.

Not sure why 4th Officials are appointed to Guernsey home matches, but they are always from either Guernsey or Jersey, as listed in the League handbook

Taking this on, how would others feel if a Jersey or Guernsey official was in the middle? Surely its not different to a Surrey referee officating in a match veruse a Surrey team?

I can't find the post from someone at EversleyFC that said you player a couple inch gash where he eas caught for the penalty, but after seeing the tv coverage there was no contact.

Once again congratulations on your performance.

The gash must have been from another incident because TV footage shows no contact, it couldn't have been any clearer.

See for yourself, see tv footage on link below.

http://www.channelon...elonline_sport/

Eversley did deserve the win though, well done Eversley.

Has this link changed, as when I click on it all you get are rugby, athletics or cricket highlights and nothing from the football??

Unable to view the footage as i'm travelling today.

GD - Apologies that we have benefitted from a poor decision for the penalty (as per your post above)

What were your thoughts on the other decisions discussed in this thread:

1) Potential red card for our defender (penalty incident)?

2) Your players red card?

3) The tackle that resulted in our player being stretchered off?

4) Foul on our forward when clean through,but offside given?

Hopefully I'll be able to view tomorrow

1) Thought your player should have been sent off as he was the last man and it was a goalscoring opportunity

There is no such law relating to the last man. Bloody annoys me when the so called experts on MOTD go on about the last man. The law refers to denying a goal scoring opportunity.

He did deny a goal scoring opportunity.

I can't find the post from someone at EversleyFC that said you player a couple inch gash where he eas caught for the penalty, but after seeing the tv coverage there was no contact.

Once again congratulations on your performance.

The gash must have been from another incident because TV footage shows no contact, it couldn't have been any clearer.

See for yourself, see tv footage on link below.

http://www.channelon...elonline_sport/

Eversley did deserve the win though, well done Eversley.

Has this link changed, as when I click on it all you get are rugby, athletics or cricket highlights and nothing from the football??

The match footage has gone now for some reason ! I will try to locate it again :)