Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Smudge

SATURDAY 21st JANUARY

We noticed the ball boys too, they were the worst I have seen. To be fair every other game they have been fair to both sides to get the match going again. Different ones each game.

Not sure who the fourth official was this week. Know a foreign sounding chap has done a few of the games. I have pointed out previously that I thought the referee gave far too many poor decisions against both teams.

Edited by HKP

G.D you lost end of,make love,not war.Slagging them poor young ball boys H.P YOU HAVE A SAUCE.They ran their cotton socks off,for the love of Guernsey.

Edited by Smudge

1) Potential red card for our defender (penalty incident)?

2) Your players red card?

3) The tackle that resulted in our player being stretchered off?

4) Foul on our forward when clean through,but offside given?

Will have my say too, if that's ok?

BBC coverage showed a bit more action.

1, thought at the time ir was a red especially with a referee giving out cards like it was Christmas, tv overage didn't change my mind

2, thought once booked he was on dodgy ground, but same for many other players on both sides

3, sorry did not see it, but hope your player is ok?

4, guess if it was offside that's the first offence?

What kind of magic spray does your physio use? Your right back went down injured, physio treated him, signalled for a sub, then player makes an astounding recovery. Sorry but that sportsmanship belongs with the big boys in the Premier League.

I did not boo your players or agree with anyone doing it, but it was not for beating us which I congratulate you but for the manner in which it was obtained. Constant time wasting which went unpunished by the referee and for the unsporting behaviour of some of your players, as indicated in previous paragraph.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Time wasting isn't an offence under the laws of the game is it - if a player is injured no time is "wasted" as the Ref stops his watch

4th official !!! why are you having 4th officials?? are they league supplied or is it a local referee?

Whatever, it is outrageous, no other ccl game carries a 4th official, why in Guernsey?

If that is the case then eversley are quite right to complain if he was dragging his feet, there shouldn't be one and substitutions should be the responsibility of the bench side assistant as with all other ccl games.

Come in Whitelaw !!

Edited by spy

Why is everything seemingly in favour of guernsey feck me we should all be treated the same gd im going off you lot ;)

4th official !!! why are you having 4th officials?? are they league supplied or is it a local referee?

Whatever, it is outrageous, no other ccl game carries a 4th official, why in Guernsey?

If that is the case then eversley are quite right to complain if he was dragging his feet, there shouldn't be one and substitutions should be the responsibility of the bench side assistant as with all other ccl games.

Come in Whitelaw !!

Pretty sure we had 4th officials at AFC Wimbledon home games in the CCL, can't remember if away games as well. Not sure why though, if other games don't have them.

I've not been out there Smudge and hadn't seen it mentioned

TRS - I've no doubt your right about afc as well, BUT WHY, the size of the crowd has nothing to do with 4th official. he simply sorts the benches and substitutions, yet another little plus for 'Big Time' Guernsey.

I'm with you Newby, rapidly going off our pampered colonials !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 4th official is listed on the programme as Peter Davison, assume that is our local man in black of same name??

Under the circumstances, surely in our games where officials are shipped in from the mainland it is essential to have a "sub" in case of injury/illness?

Time wasting isn't an offence under the laws of the game is it - if a player is injured no time is "wasted" as the Ref stops his watch

So why did the referee speak to the captain on one occasion? Why do players in professional teams get bookednfor time wasting,mim pretty sure it's a cautionable offence.

why?? it makes no difference, many a game over here has had an official drop out at the last minute, we don't have a 4th official to call on, we have to make do !!!

Locals do it, we're not made of money you know!

TRS - I've no doubt your right about afc as well, BUT WHY, the size of the crowd has nothing to do with 4th official.

No idea, but as Whitelaw was about then too I guess he can tell us the thinking behind it.

Has he officiated at many games? Appreciate he was a young lad,but there were a few occassions when he ignored the rules of the game.

Pointed out that your sub warming up behind the referees assistant should not be involved in shouting at the official. His response was to laugh and say it's ok. As I said before,very strange and I see little benefit in him being there.

oh!! not the PD I was thinking it was then!!

I thought it was one of our most experienced local refs of the same name,

in that case I step away from the cookie jar ....

The fact is that whoever the 4th official is/was and whether he's local or flown in with the 'team'. Its wrong, the size of crowd has no bearing. All clubs should be playing by the same rules and same arrangements, why should guernsey be using a 4th official, why did you have no christmas fixtures (if you go up to the prem you may still be granted this favour) but if you then proceed to step 4 i'm sure you won't so why now ?? Why have you got (after saturday) virtually all your remaining 8/9 games at home? A huge advantage you didn't need. IT IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure why 4th Officials are appointed to Guernsey home matches, but they are always from either Guernsey or Jersey, as listed in the League handbook

So why did the referee speak to the captain on one occasion? Why do players in professional teams get bookednfor time wasting,mim pretty sure it's a cautionable offence.

Delaying the restart of play is cautionable - were there many such instances?

TRS - I've no doubt your right about afc as well, BUT WHY, the size of the crowd has nothing to do with 4th official.

No idea, but as Whitelaw was about then too I guess he can tell us the thinking behind it.

I believe it was to do with some early trouble AFC Wombles had with benches so to prevent problems ongoing AFC requested 4th officials and I also believed that AFC always paid for them. Had the pleasure when they played Viking Greenford, Only trouble that day was with AFC bench who I am sorry to say were so far up themselves it was quite unbelieveable. Completely different to how all the off the field club officials acted.

Unable to view the footage as i'm travelling today.

GD - Apologies that we have benefitted from a poor decision for the penalty (as per your post above)

What were your thoughts on the other decisions discussed in this thread:

1) Potential red card for our defender (penalty incident)?

2) Your players red card?

3) The tackle that resulted in our player being stretchered off?

4) Foul on our forward when clean through,but offside given?

Hopefully I'll be able to view tomorrow

1) Thought your player should have been sent off as he was the last man and it was a goalscoring opportunity

There is no such law relating to the last man. Bloody annoys me when the so called experts on MOTD go on about the last man. The law refers to denying a goal scoring opportunity.

why should guernsey be using a 4th official, why did you have no christmas fixtures (if you go up to the prem you may still be granted this favour)

You need to get your facts right on this point my friend, no Christmas fxitures was not done at the request of Guernsey! it was done as no manland clubs wanted to travel here over the Festive period. I am getting a bit fedup of having to repeat this. Whitelaw posted this information originally and added that he thought IF Guernsye had been asked to play they would have fulfilled the fixture without any fuss.

Edited by HKP

Delaying the restart of play is cautionable - were there many such instances?

yes, lots. Delays on taking many freekicks and throwins.Probably done to frustrate the players and also wind up the crowd.