Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SATURDAY 21st JANUARY

Smudge

Just back from the Guernsey trip and a great victory for our boys. To say i am disappointed with some of the Guernsey posters comments is an understatement.

We were the better side on the day, pressed you high up the pitch, gave you no time and stopped your supply to Allen. Collectively I thought we out worked and out fought you. At 2 nil up after 50 minutes we had a great chance to go 3 up with a whipped cross which managed somehow to slip past our three players in the box for a tap in.Tardiff pulled off a great save to deny Baker as well.

Did our keeper have many saves to make? The answer is no!

Did Guernsey miss any sitters? The answer is no!

Our penalty was a foul, simple as that. I have known Mark Morgan for 5 years now and he is far too honest to dive. He also has a gash just below his knee resulting from this reckless challenge as I am sure tv footage will bear out.

A lot has ben said of the referee's performance but in my opinion Zico Black was lucky to stay on the pitch. Having been booked in the first half a couple of late tackles in the second were worthy of a booking. Our centre back could have been sent off but so could yours with two fouls on the outside of the box when the last man.

Timewasting? We were winning the game, what do expect us to do...hurry everything for your benefit? Get real!

I have no doubt as your climb up the pyramid system there will be a game in the next few years...probably in the FA Cup when Guernsey will be the underdogs and the shoe will be on the other foot.

The Guernsey committee,players and people we met last night showed real class and were exceptionally gracious in defeat as they were in victory when they beat us in August, its a real shame the same can`t be said for some of the posters on here in the last 24 hours.

Guernsey take it on the chin, apart from mr singh, all the referees r poor in this league, all the clubs in this league have had poor decisions, they all square up at the end of the season.Knaphill away to bedfont today had a couple of poor ones against them. They had a moan and just gone on with it, cause thats what cl teams do. All season everybodies said how nice and polite guernsey are, i personally thought wait and see how graceful they are in defeat. Really disappointed with the reaction to the Guernseys loss, hoped for more never mind. Good luck for the rest of the season up until today you have been perfect gentleman. Well done to Bedfont Sports 3-0 win against Knaphill, back on Guernseys tail with an ok performance.Good luck to ellers and knaphill for the rest of the season who had some [****!!****] decisions today, but unlike others didnt feel the need to throw his toys out on the forum today. Good luck phil.

We have lost twice this season and we have taken it gracefully both times. I personally said well done to Spelthorne and Cobham after we lost to them, so what you are saying is nonsense.

This our third defeat unfortunatly marred by not just a bad ref but a seriously incompetent ref has taken the shine off what should have been a positive post on how well Eversley did on Saturday

Guernsey take it on the chin, apart from mr singh, all the referees r poor in this league, all the clubs in this league have had poor decisions, they all square up at the end of the season.Knaphill away to bedfont today had a couple of poor ones against them. They had a moan and just gone on with it, cause thats what cl teams do. All season everybodies said how nice and polite guernsey are, i personally thought wait and see how graceful they are in defeat. Really disappointed with the reaction to the Guernseys loss, hoped for more never mind. Good luck for the rest of the season up until today you have been perfect gentleman. Well done to Bedfont Sports 3-0 win against Knaphill, back on Guernseys tail with an ok performance.Good luck to ellers and knaphill for the rest of the season who had some [****!!****] decisions today, but unlike others didnt feel the need to throw his toys out on the forum today. Good luck phil.

We have lost twice this season and we have taken it gracefully both times. I personally said well done to Spelthorne and Cobham after we lost to them, so what you are saying is nonsense.

This our third defeat unfortunatly marred by not just a bad ref but a seriously incompetent ref has taken the shine off what should have been a positive post on how well Eversley did on Saturday

Tweet from Guernsey Donkey :D

Ft Guernsey 2 Eversley 3 worst referee I've seen at any level in my life !

And it won't be just me saying that ! The Referee was totally incompetent and way out of his level in this game. He gave an Eversley a penalty when he was never touched ( will be proved on TV I hope as the cameras were there ), sent our player off for nothing, gave them EVERY decision. The Eversley players didn't help matters going down like fairies every 5 minutes ! ( there did appear to be a couple of genuine injuries, what I'm complaing about is the ones laying down like they are dead then running straight on the pitch like nothing has happened ) Then he had the audacity to add on only 6 minutes ! It should have been double that !

After all that I forgot to say I wish the lad with the genuine injury who got helped off at the end a quick recovery. Hopefully its nothing serious.

It was a second yellow for a needless tackle GD, take the rose tinted specs off. Eversley deserved to win they were better in every department, ref made a couple of dodgey decisions towards the end but I think the rest of the time he did OK

Dorking 2 Ash Utd 3

A tight game in the first half with only a couple chances either end.......the only talking point was a penalty given to Dorking by an assistant who certainly didn't know what he was doing..........a great tackle by our defender, ball played upfield, dorking challenge the ball in midfield, play going on & then all off a sudden the assistant flags & puts the flag across his chest..........now everyone is stunned......ref goes over to find what its about as he is confused as well...........finally after a min or two ball brought back for Dorking to kick the ball out for a goalkick from a drop ball......very sporting as still no-one knows what it was for.

2nd half different game...Dorking took the lead with a well struck goal on the break..we level with a good low strike.......however Dorking regain the lead with another good finish.....then in the space of 2 minutes we drew level & then went in front.......a well struck freekick from the edge of the box drew us level & then minutes later our sub comes on & from 35yards hit an unstoppable freekick giving the Dorking keeper no chance......we held on to gain a win against a good side, just a side that needs abit of luck at the moment, but glad it wasn't against us

A very fair report Autopostie.

Unfortunately, I only saw bits and pieces of the game, as I had to 'stand-in' as the officials hospitality man, so making tea and generally keeping them happy.

I have to say I saw both your free-kick goals, and they were both 'text-book'. I hope our defenders learnt something from them.

This thread seems to have been taken up by some to slag the officials. I have to say, I thought, generally, yesterday they were OK. Maybe there would have been fewer bookings if the referee wasn't being assesed.

Met some lovely guys who are at Chertski now.....

But to call them Heroes ????????

Standard at that level seems to have dropped, I know both those sides are struggling but can't see Guildford or Windsor struggling in that league.

Think your captain should be taking a bit more notice if your huddle talk, seems to be looking for the camera ha.

what evidence do u base your opinions on SF??

Wait a minute JJ i think i am hallucinating just watched it again and I swear Trevor Norriss was on your bench he was manager at Cove in the 80's when i played for them in the Ryman league, I think i'm gonna lay off the Stella if this is what it does to you.

Have watched probably 15 games in each of Central, Ryman 1 South and CCL this season JJ and stick with my original argument the general standard at Step 4 has dropped, apart from St Neots and Slough in your league, Bognor and Dulwich in Ryman I haven't seen a good side and in Fleet, Marlow, Whyteleafe and Walton and Hersham 4 sides that would be mid table CCL. Have only seen your side once since the changes but it can't have been an easy situation to come into but hopefully enough points to stay up aren't far away.

Ur not hallucinating mate!

Good bloke is Trev,i'm not gonna preach to anyone about the standard of any league but i must say that everytime we make the slightest mistake we seem to get punished I think that is a sign of improving finishing in the CCL.