Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SATURDAY 21st JANUARY

Smudge

As previously stated GD,I will be very interested to see the footage of our penalty.

Other than that decision,I'd be interested to see you you not happy with. The red card was quite blatent. If it had happened the other way (which it has often this season),we would not have had any complaints.

I would also be intersted to see the island tv's view of the foul on mark morgan in the 2nd half.looked at least a booking to me and the ref gave offside (which was ridiculous) against our player.

As I've previously said,I wish all those involved in GFC every success for the future. Also good luck against Egham on Tuesday

Guernsey take it on the chin, apart from mr singh, all the referees r poor in this league, all the clubs in this league have had poor decisions, they all square up at the end of the season.Knaphill away to bedfont today had a couple of poor ones against them. They had a moan and just gone on with it, cause thats what cl teams do. All season everybodies said how nice and polite guernsey are, i personally thought wait and see how graceful they are in defeat. Really disappointed with the reaction to the Guernseys loss, hoped for more never mind. Good luck for the rest of the season up until today you have been perfect gentleman. Well done to Bedfont Sports 3-0 win against Knaphill, back on Guernseys tail with an ok performance.Good luck to ellers and knaphill for the rest of the season who had some [****!!****] decisions today, but unlike others didnt feel the need to throw his toys out on the forum today. Good luck phil.

We have lost twice this season and we have taken it gracefully both times. I personally said well done to Spelthorne and Cobham after we lost to them, so what you are saying is nonsense.

This our third defeat unfortunatly marred by not just a bad ref but a seriously incompetent ref has taken the shine off what should have been a positive post on how well Eversley did on Saturday

Edited by Guernsey Donkey

I can now post my thoughts on yesterday game, took a good nights sleep to calm down.

Firstly congratulations to EversleyFC who deserved their win, but that does to tell the whole story.

I am usually supportive of referees as we all know they have a very hard job, but today's performance can't go by without comment from me,

I have watched local football for around 25 years and without doubt that is the worst referee performance I have ever seen. The penalty that everyone has already mentioned summed up his performance, player trips over and the numpite gave a penalty. His overall performance was poor, he gave a number of questionable decision for both teams, like the foul mentioned just above my post. The red card, was a a bit suspect but I could accept that as you you get some of those. Referee must have booked around 10 players and it wasnt a dirty match. A couple of bad fouls by EversleyFC players went unpunished and it seemed every foul bar one was a booking for a Guernsey player.

If you play the advantage after a foul and player takes a shot how can you then bring the play back for a freekick? Player has had the advantage and then gets a second chance! Oh, if you're last man and take out the attacking player the laws of the game say it should be a red card? For a referee that is card happy referee not to show red says a lot.

Now onto our visitors, well their play acting, time wasting started in the first half and continued throughout the match. Towards the end of the game one of theirs went down with what seemed a serious injury, physio signalled for a replacement and then a few seconds later he was running about. This looked like a Premier League team, with all their antics.

Bit surprised that an assassin was let into the ground and took shots at the EversleyFC players though! Can be the only reason for the play acting. Few Oscar winning performances.

All of this probably sounds like sour grapes, but I am just giving it as I saw. Guernsey did not play well at all and did not deserve to get a win, a draw perhaps as did well towards the end with oly 10 men,

At the end there were a lot of boos, must were aimed at the referee but some were aimed at EversleyFC antics, I agree with the booing of the referee but not at the EversleyFC players.

Once again congratulations to EversleyFC on their win, hope you're injured player is OK and good luck for the rest of the season.

Edited by HKP

An interesting read this morning.

Couple of comments. Ace you do talk some rubbish mate !!

And I would like to remind you of something.

I will take the Premiership as Level 1

So we play at level 9 and 10. We are all happy that our players play at the level they should, give or take, but expect referees to be the level of the premiershp. Most of you need a reality check !!

No defence of errors made more of a reason. and to describe all referees at this level as sh1t is laughable and you wonder why people dont want to do it. Most players at this level are sh1t compared to the best players in this country.

I agree that they won't be at the standard of the Premier League, perhaps thankfully! Lol

But what you do expect is a referee to be fair to both teams, yesterday he was poor. Failed to do even the basics right.

I agree that they won't be at the standard of the Premier League, perhaps thankfully! Lol

But what you do expect is a referee to be fair to both teams, yesterday he was poor. Failed to do even the basics right.

So you are saying he wasnt fair to both sides therefore he cheated ?

Westfield 2-3 Spelthorne

Great game- ruined at times by a arrogant tit of a ref

Spelthorne with the win lead deservedly at half time 1-0

We got level halfway through the half and there was only gonna be one winner. However we were reduced to 10 when our forward was booked for diving despite there being contact.

Sports go ahead shortly after but we keep going and equalise with 4 mins to go. When the lino's watch bleeps for full time i ask the ref how long and he said 6 minutes. Quite where that came from no one knows but it is what it is.

Being the anorak i am i start my stop watch. On 6 min 10 seconds he has whistle in lips and is about to blow as a shot sails wide. For some reason he decides not too and on 7 mins 40 Spelthore hit a winner.

Great game between two good sides and all the best to our visitors for the rest of the season.

Anorak ? Don't you mean raincoat......lol !!!

Any player betting for or against his team risks being charged by the FA. players have been heavily sanctioned for this in the past.

It's not up to the bookie to decide whether to take the bet as he's not subject to FA rules, unlike the players.

Edited by HKP

Okay, I have read all posts on this thread.

Firstly well done to Eversley with their win and also the people/members at Hanworth's The Ranch yesterday who were so welcoming. Also, thanks go out to the players for a good entertaining game in tricky windy conditions.

But I have to say, when teams lose they always try to find a reason for losing and always its the ref's fault, very rarely its the ref's fault when teams win.....funny that !. Before blaming the referee, one should have a look at one teams/players performance/s. I recall reading Ross Allen seemed subdued....why ? Why did Guernsey let in 3 goals ? Why were Guernsey below par is that the referee's fault ?

One has to be realistic at this level, and other levels, like players there are good ones, mediocre one, bad ones but first look at the reasons why YOUR team (not just Guernsey) lost 'cos I am sure the players made more mistakes than the referee....!

Its easy to blame others when one has to look at themselves first !

Edited by NICE GUY

Dorking 2 Ash Utd 3

A tight game in the first half with only a couple chances either end.......the only talking point was a penalty given to Dorking by an assistant who certainly didn't know what he was doing..........a great tackle by our defender, ball played upfield, dorking challenge the ball in midfield, play going on & then all off a sudden the assistant flags & puts the flag across his chest..........now everyone is stunned......ref goes over to find what its about as he is confused as well...........finally after a min or two ball brought back for Dorking to kick the ball out for a goalkick from a drop ball......very sporting as still no-one knows what it was for.

2nd half different game...Dorking took the lead with a well struck goal on the break..we level with a good low strike.......however Dorking regain the lead with another good finish.....then in the space of 2 minutes we drew level & then went in front.......a well struck freekick from the edge of the box drew us level & then minutes later our sub comes on & from 35yards hit an unstoppable freekick giving the Dorking keeper no chance......we held on to gain a win against a good side, just a side that needs abit of luck at the moment, but glad it wasn't against us

Guernsey were poor and subdued AND DESERVED to lose! the first half they didnt turn up it was only at 2-0 they seemed to start getting into the game. eversley came with a game plan stuck to it and played rather well. now i dont think the ref had a major impact on the game yeah he may of not been as strick as he could have been on time wasting but lets face it sometimes it happens, to me the eversley penalty wasnt a penalty but again refs give a decision as they see it refs at much higher level make mistakes every week unfortunatly on this occasion it cost us im sure were not the first or last to suffer this. at the end of the game i like everyone else was boiling but after time to reflect , there qre other games where we have had wrong decisions But we have played well and managed to overcome them where as yesterday we didnt play well and deserved to lose. so well palyed eversley.

Lammas 2-1 CB

A win we really had to scrap for, lammas started brightly when Gary james found Matt Baxter who netted his 24th of the campaign. Cb were fighting hard and got their rewards when a collision between Redrup and Cox in the lammas goal allowed Cb to score into an empty net. After a few stern words at half time and a few tactical changes made lammas started well and got the winner when matt baxter lobbed the keeper to grab his 25th goal. The real sour point of the game is when Gary James was taken to hospital and we found out he could be out for the rest of the season with a snapped collarbone. best wishes gazza!

So we play at level 9 and 10. We are all happy that our players play at the level they should, give or take, but expect referees to be the level of the premiershp. Most of you need a reality check !!

No defence of errors made more of a reason. and to describe all referees at this level as sh1t is laughable and you wonder why people dont want to do it. Most players at this level are sh1t compared to the best players in this country.

I don't expect them to be Prem Lge standard but your comments miss the point, referees are paid, most players are not, to implement the laws of the game and make decisions when required. They are not there to do stupid hand gestures and make comments that they've heard or seen on the tele!!! Referees are quite comfortable when the goings good and easy decisions have to be made but when the game gets a little heated or there is a big decision to be made they run away!!! No more talking to players just threatening them with bookings! All because they got something wrong.

Most will agree on this forum that we know we are not getting Prem Lge referees, we just ask that when a decision has to be made.....stop bottling it

I don't expect them to be Prem Lge standard but your comments miss the point, referees are paid, most players are not, to implement the laws of the game and make decisions when required. They are not there to do stupid hand gestures and make comments that they've heard or seen on the tele!!! Referees are quite comfortable when the goings good and easy decisions have to be made but when the game gets a little heated or there is a big decision to be made they run away!!! No more talking to players just threatening them with bookings! All because they got something wrong.

Most will agree on this forum that we know we are not getting Prem Lge referees, we just ask that when a decision has to be made.....stop bottling it

I have to say I chortled at this Ace. I dont disagree with what you are saying but it is fine for players too is it ? Refs shouldnt do what they see on the telly !!! Players shouldnt either, players shouldnt appeal for things when they know it isnt theirs, players shouldnt dive and appeal for fouls when they know it isnt. Players shouldnt stand their and look aghast aas to why an offside wasnt given when they played the player on. all happens though and I have yet to see a manager condone any of that from their own players !!

Bookie shouldn't except the bets then!

Sorry but your are wrong, it's not up to the bookie to decide who can and can't bet as no laws are broken. It's a FA rule and players need to be aware of this. Also. Bookie may not know they are a player in some instances.

I have to say I chortled at this Ace. I dont disagree with what you are saying but it is fine for players too is it ? Refs shouldnt do what they see on the telly !!! Players shouldnt either, players shouldnt appeal for things when they know it isnt theirs, players shouldnt dive and appeal for fouls when they know it isnt. Players shouldnt stand their and look aghast aas to why an offside wasnt given when they played the player on. all happens though and I have yet to see a manager condone any of that from their own players !!

Fair one Kroons, see u Monday

Fair one Kroons, see u Monday

Will do mate :)

Oh and I meant comdemn rather than condone !!!