Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

For Fck Sake,Sort it out.

I remember when Dagenham won a wembley play off to get into the football league and moons in Hornchurch was rammed with their fans to my disgust, so I think the earlier conversation relating to big

Clubs near Hornchurch is an issue

If you look at the last few years though crowds have predominantly been in the 200-300 bracket for home games so on the whole it appears to me that there's simply not enough interest in (or awareness of) the club despite our good season thus far.

Clearly there's potential given the 3000 that turned out against Peterborough but as I said earlier the following home game yielded just 233 - so where did the 2000 Hx supporters disappear to? Also, why did we get 3000 against Peterborough - was it the advertising, local press, billboards, radio, television. Something must have worked to generate awareness and interest.

We need to keep reminding folk that Hornchurch exists - can we email supporters match info (this is subscription based emailing not spamming using tools like MailChimp - this is how Ebbsfleet for instance keep me informed of news/offers etc), do we actively Twitter, Facebook etc .. social media is massive at the moment - that's where you may capture the "younger" generation.

I'm certainly willing to help where I can .. but I think we do need some sort of forum/meeting to share some ideas and thoughts.

Andy.

Edited by andydick

Yes it is disappointing to see such low attendances at this stage of the season with so much to play for. But we must be careful not alienate fans who turn up on a more casual nature. Everyone has different commitments and priorities and this must be understood, these fans should not be castigated. You can not force or shame fans into turning up and we should appreciate people who turn up on a more haphazard nature. How we increase our “hard core” fan base from its 150 or so is the billion dollar question which I profess not to know the answer to, but we must look forward and move on. We should be a broad church always looking for new fans, welcoming back lapsed supporters and also encouraging casual interest. We should not be alienating any fans, although I’m sure the intention of this thread is to encourage support. Between the Eastside and the Westside of the Bridge we can accommodate all types.

( I have missed 1 home game, & 3 away games this season)

Back to the football, let that do the talking. The team are having a great season

I don't believe it is alienating fans.It is right we bring these kind of things up.

This club deserves so much more than a paltry 220 for a midweek game when we are going for the league.

We know we are not the best supported side in world football but we used to boast that in the ESL we had one of the top 40 or so average attendances in non league football,some feat for a club that low,but we was averaging around 400 at home back then.

Lord Upminster's opinion is right in my opinion.

Is it a competition to see who is the most loyal fan and looking down at others who may not be able to afford the time of money to come regularly. Having a pop on this forum is certainly not going to encourage the less committed to come. In my opinion there tends to be a snarl against anyone other than those in the committed group. Not good. If you want things to change then so must you and appreciate what support you have. The crap talked on here must be getting to some who quite rightly don't have to bother. It's about being welcomed. I'm sure after recent posts that some are frightened to attend.

Drank down there till nearly 8, loved every bottle.

All it needs is a few supporters to come back.

I won't bother having an opinion in future.

But I will say this one last time,our gates are p1ss poor and it's actually embarrassing as we sit 2nd in the ryman premier and live in a town(s) combining around 60'000 people.That's around 0.45 of the population watch our team,pathetic.

If people don't like what I say then tough,I will quite easily stand down as chairman of the supporters association,it was and still is an honour to hold such a post.But to be honest it's got to the stage where this club IS being let down by stay away fans,many of whom turned up at the original meeting when the new owners took over the club,saying that how fantastic it was,that we would support them through thick or thin,we have two mediocre seasons,which we would of bit their hand off to have at the time,then this season we play football,challenge for the league and as a club are rewarded with gates that relegation threatened sides would moan about.

The majority of the small amount of fans are a credit to this club,it doesn't matter how many times they turn up but at a stage of the season we are in now is 220 & then 260 or whatever it was today really good enough.....answer,simply no

I think this is a no win situation Rob and it's been going on for a few seasons now even under the old regime I remember making a comment about it then on the forum and KW tried to convince our average gate was better than most problem is now if we did get promoted our present gates wouldn't be sustainable with the current squad we have everything will boil down to costs I pray we actually get a sponsor for a start next season

Rob mate. Keep your opinions coming. I enjoy your post and admire your passion (I'm not shagging Rob) I decided to come on Saturday rather than Orient at Charlton. Your rant probably helped make the decision for me. Been to so many away games, forgot what the bridge was like. Did visit clubhouse after the game and was surprised how empty it was.

Edited by Hornchurch "O"