Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ground Grading (Steps 4, 5 and 6)

I think Frimley are all sorted VP.

How strict are the gradings? For example the away hanging room at Cobham is very small,but I assume this wouldn't be a reason to fail to get the grading?

The gradings are not strict enough. Some absolute shit tips out there. Players budget comes first. Pitch second. Totally wrong.

How strict are the gradings? For example the away hanging room at Cobham is very small,but I assume this wouldn't be a reason to fail to get the grading?

My Gawd ! Have they still got capital punishment there, then ?

Come on Dan you know it's classed as existing, not new build hence comes under different criteria and also would have been advised to Cobham(SCR) previously if a problem

Seems to me like with the negative comments towards MV it's a bit more a case of clubs being threatened by the league run they are enjoying currently.

Tomorrow will start to show a truer picture of this years Div 1, which to be fair still looks like being Frimley & Westfield's to throw away and the rest chasing that crucial 3rd promotion place!

Well done on getting the work done by the way, looked a big ask but congratulations to all involved

The two games between Frimley and Westfield will be very interesting. Two wins for either will put the other side back in the chasing pack.

Apologies I wasn't aware of diferent gradings for new builds. It wasn't meant as a dig at MV. Just the first example I could think of from the clubs occupying the top 4. They were the best side we have played this season,so I would be surprised if they don't finish top 3.

The new chairman and secretary have put an incredible amount of work in,to ensure everything was completed by the deadline. Hopefully it will all be worth it and we'll pass the inspection this week

MVSCR will be alright as Cobham FC was a Premier Division ground last season and the gradings haven't changed.

I didn't think Frimley Green had the seats in which is why I assumed they wouldn't get the grading.

When the FA do gradings they're very strict and work done after March 31st isn't allowed - there have been numerous cases of clubs failing the gradings because of this. I think inter-league gradings are done by the league themselves rather than independant FA graders so maybe they're a bit more flexible going from Div 1 to the Premier Division.

Regards going up from the Premier, I know Egham used to have the grading. The gradings only last for three years though and I think Egham got done the same time as Camberley which means it's technically run out this season. I'm sure they'll be alright though. Epsom & Ewell and Badshot Lea are playing at a step 4 grounds so are ok. That just leaves Guernsey. I'm sure we'll find out if they get the grading.

Edited by VPCTFC

The Football Association's ground grading inspection team has confirmed that it is recommending the award of an E grade to Guernsey FC in respect of its Footes Lane Stadium home ground.

The inspection team visited Guernsey last week and congratulated the club on its efforts to ensure that its home ground complies with the E grade criteria by 31st March 2013, which is a pre-requisite for promotion from Step 5 to Step 4. The FA's Leagues Committee is due to issue a list of all current Step 5 clubs eligible for promotion later this month.

Re GFC this is on their website:

The Football Association's ground grading inspection team has confirmed that it is recommending the award of an E grade to Guernsey FC in respect of its Footes Lane Stadium home ground.

The inspection team visited Guernsey last week and congratulated the club on its efforts to ensure that its home ground complies with the E grade criteria by 31st March 2013, which is a pre-requisite for promotion from Step 5 to Step 4. The FA's Leagues Committee is due to issue a list of all current Step 5 clubs eligible for promotion later this month.

Is there a set distance the stand has to be away from the pitch? The Frimley Green one is very close and also extends backwards outside the grounds perimeter.

How can it be up before you've got planning permission?

Fair enough. I just wish all of us could benefit from retrospective planning permission. This is Surrey Heath you're dealing with. I'm not sure if I can legally call them corrupt or not so I won't for now but they've often been found lacking by various audits etc.

I just can't stop thinking back to Bisley FC when they thought they would get retrospective planning permission when they started work on their floodlights. The council ordered them to take them down again. The rest is history.

Looks like an intense race at the top of Division One. Good luck to the lot of you. I hope Eversley do it as it's the only ground I've not been to yet and I'd like an excuse to visit the frog or toad and wicket or stumps or whatever it is. Frimley Green has the Old Wheatsheaf down the road which used to be my local but a place I've not been in for too long. I'm not sure of the nearest decent pub to Westfield.

Edited by VPCTFC

We were visited on Tuesday and, as far as I know, all the previous issues have been resolved.

The Wibbandune pitch repairs start on Monday 15th April by the way.

Frimley have said on twitter that they have passed so congratulations to them.

Haven't heard anything from Eversley yet though so presumably they have failed? (surely good news would have found its way on here by now).

How has everyone else got on?

Lets hope they all passed Chubby. Hopefully the top 3 will come up and continue to freshen the Prem up as has been happening in recent years.