Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ground Grading (Steps 4, 5 and 6)

We are now fully aware of the management committees exact reasons as to why we failed the inspection. Personally I appreciate the time Alan has taken to respond to my request.

As a club we will now make a decision before the 23rd April as to whether or not to appeal the decision.

This decision will be based on the committee report and also our league position at the time.

Unfortunately I can't really comment further on specifics until after the appeal decision has been made.

Now things are clearer to me,if your not in the In crowd,you are wasting your time at this level.Preserve the Clubs going nowhere,as they have for years.Crap pitches O.K.but no infill surrounding a Carpet of a Pitch,you are not deemed worthy of joining the CCL Premier Elite.You could not make it up!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure the CCL are just following gradings set out by the FA, it's not their fault. In the time my club has been involved with the CCL we have found them extremely helpful.

It's the person or group that can decree that clubs need all of these facilities when the green bit in the middle is constantly underwater that needs a talking to.

They don't seem to realise that a 30,000 capacity is of no use at all if the game is off.

If you had a 30,000 seater stadium there's a good chance you'd have the infrastructure in place so games didn't get called off.

Perhaps teams should just groundshare E&E, don't you think? Pretty much guaranteed to go up/stay up then. Clubs like Eversley should have the places of the perennial groundsharers in my mind.

Get a home then comment on other people's grounds - be it good or bad.

If you had a 30,000 seater stadium there's a good chance you'd have the infrastructure in place so games didn't get called off.

Perhaps teams should just groundshare E&E, don't you think? Pretty much guaranteed to go up/stay up then. Clubs like Eversley should have the places of the perennial groundsharers in my mind.

Getting your own home ground is easier said than done when you live in the more built up areas.

It's far easier if your club is out in the sticks to get the land to develop.

I personally feel sorry for Eversley that they have failed the ground grading but a dedicated perimeter fence around the main pitch was always going to be a requirement as much as having floodlights.

A pay box is no use if you can avoided it by walking through the other pitches to get to the main pitch.

Not sure it's easier to develop land in the sticks. All areas face different issues.

Running clubs at this level is hard work and I've got a lot of respect for all clubs managing to survive during a very tough economic climate.

Well said sir. I only wish everyone understood and adopted that philosophy.

Good shout Powelly surely the FA should give the clubs with their own grounds priority,just remind us EE how many years your club has been groundsharing.

Interesting to me to hear people criticise about clubs not having their own grounds, I can't imagine never having had to do it that it's easy finding a site or the funding to do it from scratch or those that regularly comment and criticise have ever actually been involved with a club trying to do it.

Anyway with the promotion race for the Premier being so tight and I assume Frimley sealing promotion today if not yet the title, I am a tad confused as to whom can get promoted or who not?

I overhead a conversation today where I believe Kilburn maybe said that they have a (new?) ground with facilities which entitles them to promotion if they finish top 3.

If that is correct I guess sides at the foot of the Premier table are hoping that Spelly with their easy run in and Sav's Boars can squeeze Westfield, Mole Valley and Kilburn out for 2/3 places, effectively saving 2 Prem sides from the dreaded drop into the bargain, is this actually correct though as the SK position is a bit confusing to me?

You are right Phoenix. Getting your own ground is not easy in the slightest but unfortunately at this level, ground sharing is a necessity.

With regards to the promotion, I agree that Frimley have pretty much secured the title (deservedly) but I think that the next two places are up for the taking. Westfields run in is not pleasant and if they manage to secure promotion of the back of that then they have done extremely well and also deserve to be promoted.

And obviously MVSCR also deserve to get promoted cause we are just plain awesome!!!!!!!

Ok they apparently are pretty adamant so something don't add up!

Mole Valley may scrape a place Legend but genuinely I think you will finish 4th behind Frimley, Eversley and Spelly, I'd prefer their run on paper at least and currently Eversleigh are winning and scoring for fun, 11 in 2 their goal dif's worth a point surely!

Well for me they had to get something from today

South Kilburn are hyped from the rumours doing he round to play Westfield Sat after some 'alledged' racist comments the first game but then again SK do often use that complaint from what I hear and with Frimley to play again can't see them being able to afford dropping 9 points at this stage!

Again no offence meant simply stating the math Legend