Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ground Grading (Steps 4, 5 and 6)

Ok they apparently are pretty adamant so something don't add up!

Mole Valley may scrape a place Legend but genuinely I think you will finish 4th behind Frimley, Eversley and Spelly, I'd prefer their run on paper at least and currently Eversleigh are winning and scoring for fun, 11 in 2 their goal dif's worth a point surely!

Maybe they should refer to the League Membership rules?

A Club may share its ground (subject to the provisions of Rule 4.12) with another club (including a club engaged in another sport) providing, in the case of any football club, the club playing in the most senior competition has priority of fixtures and, in the case of any other club, providing the Club has priority of fixtures. Ground sharing is permitted but not in order to gain promotion or to avoid relegation.

Everyone's got on paper a tough run in. Yes you could argue ours looks very difficult but at this present moment in time we are still very well placed.

This board doesn't need another westfield Kilburn thread but I can assure you there were no racist comments earlier in the season. Yes there is history between the sides but I'm sure Saturday will be a thrilling match.

All this talk of not needing seating etc, can I just say how glad I was today that Frimley had a covered stand! Kept me completely dry in horrible conditions, so a thumbs up from me. Felt for the poor lino on the stand side as he occasionally sank in the mud and sand!

Well for me they had to get something from today

South Kilburn are hyped from the rumours doing he round to play Westfield Sat after some 'alledged' racist comments the first game but then again SK do often use that complaint from what I hear and with Frimley to play again can't see them being able to afford dropping 9 points at this stage!

Again no offence meant simply stating the math Legend

Phoenix,your facts regarding S.K.,Could not be further from the truth.Alas as G.F. stated they cannot get promoted,due to their ground not being up to the required standard.As for using the Racist Card in the S.K.games I have attended,I have not witnessed this either.Funnily enough the only top 7 side to beat S.K are Frimley Green twice.They still have to play Westfield,Eversley,Spelthorne,Mole Valley,so they might have a say in who gets promoted.By the way,what Club do you support,or are you a Hopper?

Post on the Hellenic Forum indicates that SK could be moving back to Hellenic 1 East next season...

I may be wildly out here but I'm willing to put my neck on the block and say 72pts gets you a top 3 spot in div 1 this year. I'm taking Frimley out of the equation and therefore Westfield need 10 from 6, MVSCR 13 from 6, Eversley 14 from 6 and SK and Spelly 16 from 6.

Plenty to do for everyone yet.

I think based on the balance of consistency certainently from since I've been back in div 1 frimley green deserve to win the league and I think if they can keep the same squad and add a few will finish top 6 quite comfortably. It's too close to call in terms of who will finish top 3 and the run ins are irrelevant as on their day I believe anybody can beat anybody in this league. Many twists and turns to come and hopefully the weather holds up so we can finish the season before June!!

I think based on the balance of consistency certainently from since I've been back in div 1 frimley green deserve to win the league and I think if they can keep the same squad and add a few will finish top 6 quite comfortably. It's too close to call in terms of who will finish top 3 and the run ins are irrelevant as on their day I believe anybody can beat anybody in this league. Many twists and turns to come and hopefully the weather holds up so we can finish the season before June!!

I hope they can keep the same squad Pagey as it would be good to see how well they can do in the Prem,I think this season they could have done really well (not sure about top 6 )but they need to improve on their fitness levels,I think theres a few that like a late night on a friday lol

I hope they can keep the same squad Pagey as it would be good to see how well they can do in the Prem,I think this season they could have done really well (not sure about top 6 )but they need to improve on their fitness levels,I think theres a few that like a late night on a friday lol

I am sure they are not alone in that Duncs. If they keep the squad I think they will add one or two because the strength will tempt them there and no reason why they cannot finish top 6 or even higher. Maybe I could be the first to post they are a dark horse for next years Prem ;)

Phoenix,your facts regarding S.K.,Could not be further from the truth.Alas as G.F. stated they cannot get promoted,due to their ground not being up to the required standard.As for using the Racist Card in the S.K.games I have attended,I have not witnessed this either.Funnily enough the only top 7 side to beat S.K are Frimley Green twice.They still have to play Westfield,Eversley,Spelthorne,Mole Valley,so they might have a say in who gets promoted.By the way,what Club do you support,or are you a Hopper?

Thank you Smudge, but I did say things like 'alleged' etc as I have not witnessed these things myself, unfortunately thou generally though in my humble opinion there is no smoke without fire? Are you an SK supporter or official?

I am sure that SK will believe that a have a big say yet in the promotion race.

As I believe I have said previously I am a ground hopper if you will or simply enjoy non league football which I find in general, retains it's grass root culture, real people, players etc and grounds with some individuality and character.

Phoenix,thanks for the reply,there certainly are some characters around at this level.Alas on this Forum,people only tend to comment Alledged Negative things about some Clubs.Which have no factual evidence to back it up,on the other hand,if we all printed what we actually have been told about by others (ALLEGED),this Forum would be a Minefield.I happen to believe,that we should take Krooners advice,and be the SILENT MAJORITY,and let the gobby Minority(Duncs/Thespursfan/Chubbybrown excluded)get on with their humourous,thought provoking posts.Reason we all need a bit of cheering up,now and again,I personally have had to pull the reins in a little with my posts,after 2 Banning Orders,knocked the wind out of my sails.

If you had a 30,000 seater stadium there's a good chance you'd have the infrastructure in place so games didn't get called off.

Perhaps teams should just groundshare E&E, don't you think? Pretty much guaranteed to go up/stay up then. Clubs like Eversley should have the places of the perennial groundsharers in my mind.

Get a home then comment on other people's grounds - be it good or bad.

Don't know who you are Powelly, but you clearly have no idea about our circumstances. I shall enlighten you.

Our club overspent in the late seventies and early eighties. We were on the up and stretched things a bit. However, it didn't work out and we had to sell the ground way back in 1987 although we didn't leave it until 1993. Nobody in any position of responsibility remains from those days, yet we are still paying for it. Maybe you'd prefer it if clubs like ours just folded instead.

In my book there are two types of groundshare - necessity and choice. Ours was necessity. We won't be around much longer, especially with the people in charge unable to recognise a business opportunity, which is why I left our Committee recently. If the club is to survive it won't be because of them. You won't care though, you'll just see it as another promotion spot.

Regardless of something our club did wrongly over thirty years ago doesn't mean I can't have an opinion, would you prefer I supported another club, so that my opinion would be more valid in your eyes?

I was defending the CCL on this because they have to follow the FA's guidelines. Sorry if you don't like that, but it's not their fault. Again, maybe you'd rather that someone who supports a team with a permanent ground relay this information to you.

The comment about 30,000 was used to explain a point. Sorry if you missed the irony, I'll remember that when conversing with you in future. I do hope that other people at Eversley aren't like you.

Edited by E&E Fred

E&E Fred - I don't believe Powelly1 is connected to Eversley

During my 15 years at the club, we have had to hire around 20+ different pitches in order to keep the club afloat. Obviously now we have the new ground, we are now in a much more fortunate position than previous years.

Fully understand that clubs often don't have the option to own their own grounds and therefore groundshare in order to survive.

Edited by danielpjn

I am sure they are not alone in that Duncs. If they keep the squad I think they will add one or two because the strength will tempt them there and no reason why they cannot finish top 6 or even higher. Maybe I could be the first to post they are a dark horse for next years Prem ;)

...the strength will tempt them there ? More like the spondulicks will tempt them there Krooner........ :D

E&E Fred - I don't believe Powelly1 is connected to Eversley

During my 15 years at the club, we have had to hire around 20+ different pitches in order to keep the club afloat. Obviously now we have the new ground, we are now in a much more fortunate position than previous years.

Fully understand that clubs often don't have the option to own their own grounds and therefore groundshare in order to survive.

thanks daniel. Personally, I hope you get up as whilst I like MV SCR, I've not visited Eversley before and I've been to Cobham frequently!

...the strength will tempt them there ? More like the spondulicks will tempt them there Krooner........ :D

Nope. I stand by what I said. Prospective players will look at the squad and see it as a better bet than one with a weaker squad.

Ouch E&E Fred... Maybe there is room for both to get promoted!?

Honestly, I have a lot of time for you guys and live round the corner from Cobham so it's not a problem. I am just a closet groundhopper :)

E&E Fred - I have nothing against E&E at all, I just don't agree with groundsharing in order to maintain status - it's just an opinion. All the clubs that share in the CCL do so in order to maintain their status - that's a fact.

The fact that the people who ran your club so badly in the past and therefore you lost your home is exactly the reason clubs should cut their cloth accordingly. You only need to read the NLP on a weekly basis to see another club in trouble because they've overspent. It's not on that clubs can just phoenix so easily, like they do these days.

Daniel is quite right, my club isn't Eversley, although I have played against them in the past and know the manager fairly well. My CCL club is Westfield and we're incredibly lucky to have such a great facility, I realise that.

On the subject of ground gradings, I was at Molesey last night - can someone tell me how they get the necessary ground grading when one end of the ground is open apart from trees and bushes? Nice people there and a good side, but that can't be right can it?

Our groundshare is to keep us alive, not anything to do with status. We very much have cut our cloth accordingly, or we wouldn't be about to play our 1000th match since moving out tonight, we'd have folded long ago.

As for Molesey, I believe that issue is temporary as they were planning to move the pitch around this year but I think it got held up. I haven't yet been to Walton Road this season, so maybe someone else could clarify further.