Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Summer Transfer News

I don't think it was a big secret. I heard from various sources about a month ago that this would happen. Had a great season last year, but having watched him, I don't know whether he can reproduce that form at another club. He got fantastic service from the rest of the St. Mags team & they played to suit his style. Stick a big bruiser of a Centre-half on him & it would be a good battle.

I bet the Stable End singers are happy!

Ish. He'll be a good addition to the squad but he's not got the easiest of names to pen a song for. Would have preferred a defender or two to come in though. Still need GK, RB, LB, CB & AM before pre-season starts in two weeks.

I am thrilled. There is a real sense we are moving ahead both on and off the pitch and we will make Anstead very welcome. Sure we can think up a good song to welcome in his first goal.

Make sure he signs a form and actually takes to the pitch before you write a song. Or contact the press....oops...

I agree with Jonno, no point in shouting out about signings until the registration forms have been submitted to the league. It's probably another month until every club gets the forms so we can probably expect him in a Lilywhites shirt come the start of the season, I hear they like to pay and there's a whole Hertford team wanting money ;)

I agree with Jonno, no point in shouting out about signings until the registration forms have been submitted to the league. It's probably another month until every club gets the forms so we can probably expect him in a Lilywhites shirt come the start of the season, I hear they like to pay and there's a whole Hertford team wanting money ;)

didnt the forms come out yesterday

didnt the forms come out yesterday

If they did it wouldnt be the first time a player signed then got cold feet within a month, especially when they can start earning money elsewhere.

New Registration Forms are available to download on the SSML GoalRun webpage - they have also been e-mailed to all club secretaries.

http://spartansouthmidlands.goalrun.com/

Edited by Karen Browne

Heard the other prolific striker in this league, Putnam, is about to leave the jets to join their 'rivals'. This gossip coming from a friend of the chairman himself. Who are Jets rivals?

I heard they were fierce rivals with St Margs, however the fans hold some deep affection for Putnam.... Is Putman on his way to St Margs to replace Anstead?

This transfer gossip is starting to hot up, more twists and turns than a commanding Alabaster run-out from the back.

Edited by Rebadiah Hongfield

Unconfirmed at the moment, but I have heard that Mark Burke (Hitchin) is signing former Harefield United striker Stuart Darbyshire.

Ish. He'll be a good addition to the squad but he's not got the easiest of names to pen a song for. Would have preferred a defender or two to come in though. Still need GK, RB, LB, CB & AM before pre-season starts in two weeks.

Lets go Anstead

He could have gone to banstead

but because all the fans said

we found something that ryhmes with Anstead

He came here instead.

It's a work in progress... :)

Unconfirmed at the moment, but I have heard that Mark Burke (Hitchin) is signing former Harefield United striker Stuart Darbyshire.

Not strictly SSML but it was announced on Hitchin's site today that they have signed three of the Chesham United Reserves lads who had progressed to the Southern League side squad and had made a few appearances - Matt Lench, Sam Barker and Lewis Rolfe - all good prospects under 21 years old.