Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

kimbles left foot

Well a point is a point but feel we should be winning our home games if we are to get out this league again.

Another Jackal and Hyde performance from us this evening...Margate and Cray we play fluid attacking football yet both home games we play one dimensional and direct long balls? I cant make it out...

We have the players to pick a pass...if there is a better passer then Joey May in the league I'd like to see it yet time after time the ball misses the midfield straight down the Centre backs throat..

Granted it wasn't either Bourne's or DD's evening but we should still have had enough to unlock Bury's defence or atleast test their keeper....its games like this we may back on a wish we stepped it up a gear as we clearly can.

Anyway on to another big game on Saturday and I hope its a less direct/cagey affair and one where we can play our passing game....we have a decent pitch currently, let's make the most of it lads.

Thought it was a bit on the poor side tonight.

After Saturday's performance i was expecting a bit more.

Best be happy with a point, after all only four games into the season and there is still a long way to go.

Lets turn things around again on Saturday and go for it!!

The first thing I'd do is cut the grass !

I know it's early days and we've perhaps played weaker sides away than home .  but I don't think it's a coincidence that our best performances come away from home when we play on decent surfaces.  When the ball doesn't roll you've got to loft it and that's all we seem to do.  We worked really hard tonight (and it was a better performance than against Lewes) but good as Purcell is he's not going to get much change out of a guy a foot taller than him when he's fed a load of long balls.  We struggled to get the ball wide and when we did manage to float a ball out there (instead of pinging balls wide as we did against Margate/Cray) Bourne/Duncan/Yusuff etc had no time or space to do their stuff.

At the end of the day though it was a point and a deserved one.  Excellent performance from Inigo and across our back 4 and a first clean sheet of the season which bodes well.  Looked much better defending set pieces too.

Who got the man of the match - the tannoy was a bit flakey in the Riverside?

Roll on Saturday.

Bit predictable with the long ball but both sides were guilty of it think the scuff from two yards out in the first half onto the roof of the net would have changed the game aswe were really flying at the time.Bury are a good outfit and expect them in the mix at the end of the season so a point at this stage is not the end of the world

Hayles got M O M.

Not that there were many contenders.

Brilliant save by the keeper saved us a point.

Agree with the above, but it's too early to panic.

Seemed a few players missing tonight.

Any news on those not playing.

It appears that the state of the pitch clearly dictated the way both teams played. Neither side could or wanted to get the ball down, preferring to hoof the ball forward. My gripe is that if the long ball is played (nothing wrong with that) then why not play the clever low ball behind the defenders rather than in the air where their height was an advantage. Also, it may be early in the season but the players were not running off the ball or making space. Either not fit, lazy or poor coaching IMO. I understand we have a few players out but no substitutions to try and change things a little, replace a tired player, etc.

We clearly were happy with a point but we have to thank our keeper for that.

I'd hate to be a manager.

I don't think we've got the same budget as some of the clubs in this league so it makes life more difficult.

Losing Touhy hurt us, looks like he's going to be out for a while yet, Tam's nearly back so that gives us another option in midfield.

I'm no groundsman, has the grass been left like that to protect it?

I honestly believe that if we put out our strongest starting 11, we're a match for anyone in the RPL.

I think we can only comment on what we see, I'm sure that we don't get to see the whole picture though.

The linesman on the Eastside was ankle deep in grass!! It could be assumed that the grass wasn't regularly mowed during the close season, I may be wrong.

yes obis you are wrong ,what everyone seems to forget is we share our ground and we can spend 6 hours over the club on monday as our manager coach and myself did ,to then have 200 kids running on it and throwing into it later that night.5players missing tues so i was happt with a clean sheet and a point ,after crap performance against lewis 7 from 9 points .i am never surprised by comments just disapointed

As I said before, we don't know all the facts.

What I do know is that we're already in a healthy position in the league with a decent goal difference.

I would have taken that at the beginning of the season.

Only the one poor performance in my opinion since the start of the season and that was on the opening day of the season against Lewis where we did not deserve to get anything out of the game. Good performances and results against Margate and Cray Wanderers, and we were the better side against a decent Bury Town in a frustrating game and managed a draw and a point. The season has just started and there is a very long way to go. Far more positives than negatives so far, the players are working hard and playing with desire which is the main thing, we may be asking for too much expecting performances fit of the Nou Camp. We need to keep our feet firmly on the ground and get behind the team and coaches. Come on you Urchins…………………………….

would  be nice too see some good  early  home  form and a few  goals  thats be lacking in the last few seasons even in the promotion  season  , been some great away results  but  its  the  home matches  that the casual  fans ( that are needed  to boost  crowd levels )  that gets paid the most attention and often seem to fall a bit  flat  ...along with  the half time  music ????? 

Archived