Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Spalding United away Saturday 28th September

Eastside Urchin

We will travel to Spalding United in the Next Round of the FA Cup on Saturday 28th September.

I would expect the transport for this game to leave by 9.30am.

Not sure on prices but should imagine it will be the normal price.

Spaces will be limited on the joint coach but if we get enough interest then we will run another vehicle of some sort but prices may vary on the 2nd vehicle depending on interest so if you want to go in the coach, book fast.

Call or text me on 07531 088777 or post on this thread.

I would expect it to be busy so book quickly to avoid any disappointment.

I think we may have around 20 spaces on the joint coach,anything over that and I will start a list up for 2nd vehicle.

Me please rob

Meggy will go

can i make a request of having our normal coach and simon(the driver) back for this trip

Both us and Concord are home so likely you'll get Simon.

Hope you have a great day up in Lincolnshire (seems an awful long way for a London side like AFC Hornchurch to have to travel - usually it's my lot that get send to the ends of the earth in the FA Cup!)

Anyway, if you need directions - from Hornchurch join the M25 anti-clockwise and take the A1(M) to the B1081 roundabout at Rowthorpe.  Take the B1081 until it merges with the A43 and stay on this road (through the town centre) until it forms a junction with the A16 and take the A16 towards Market Deeping.  The A16 and A15 roads become one road for a short distance around the west of Market Deeping, but to the north of Market Deeping the A15 heads left towards Sleaford.  Stay on the A16 through Deeping St. Nicholas and at the Coronation Canal Roundabout (the first roundabout you'll come to - with the town of Spalding on the left) turn left and cross over the canal.  At the mini-roundabout you will want the second exit (heading virtually straight ahead).  Stay on this road until it ends opposite a canal and then turn left towards the town centre.  Once you reach the road bridge over the canal, turn right and follow this road around until the T-Junction opposite 'Masons Models'. Turn left, follow the road around the bend to the right and then take the first right past Halfords and the Bus Station - the ground will be ahead of you.

For those of you going by train - slightly easier as the ground is right next to the station!  You'll need the 11:35 from London Kings Cross to Leeds, getting off at Peterborough at 12:21 and then catching the 12:41 train to Lincoln which arrives at Spalding at 13:03.  From Spalding station, cross over the road and walk through Sainsbury's Car Park towards the ground (the floodlights will be ahead of you slightly to the north west).  Book in advance and from London Kings Cross it is only £14.50 one way.

Good luck!

Not that far from hornchurch realy, a mere 111 miles

Zippy, what's the clubhouse like? Any real ales? (If not, any decent ale pubs near the ground?)

Only went once many years ago - the ground itself is very nice (typical Step 4 type and called the Sir Halley Stewart Playing Field) and the pitch is usually very good as well.  I think it must be one of the closest grounds to a town centre in the UK.  http://www.sholland.gov.uk/leisure/bookanevent/SirHalleyStewartPlayingFieldFootball.htm

Not sure about the ales they sell, but I have done some research and here is a list of pubs which do sell real ale in Spalding:

http://www.hitthebar.co.uk/real-ale-pubs-in-spalding

Edited by Zippy

Hope you have a great day up in Lincolnshire (seems an awful long way for a London side like AFC Hornchurch to have to travel - usually it's my lot that get send to the ends of the earth in the FA Cup!)

Anyway, if you need directions - from Hornchurch join the M25 anti-clockwise and take the A1(M) to the B1081 roundabout at Rowthorpe.  Take the B1081 until it merges with the A43 and stay on this road (through STAMFORD town centre)