Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town FC (RUMOUR)

I'd like to think it was Div 2 otherwise any new club will be able to buy their way into Step 6 by setting up a groundsharing arrangement. However if the FA are potentially going to shift St Mags / Hoddy / Hertford etc to the Essex Senior then it will either mean a reprieve for Hatfield / London Lions or extra promotions from Div 1 leaving them short of numbers.

I'm sure I've seen at least one Div 1 club provisionally withdrawing from the league for next season & though I'd read the Arsley res wouldn't be in the SSML next year too.

I can't believe that it would be acceptable to promote either New Bradwell (12th out of 14) or Brimsdown (14th out of 14) from Div 2

Would that also mean Ealing going straight into D1 as well? Would Royston try to get their reserves into the SSML again? AGM lottery here we go again !!!

Based on the pitches they have played in this season Brimsdown don't have the facilities to go up. Not withstanding the league have not been impressed with their administration either.

I suppose reducing the number of teams in the divisions would be too intuitive. Especially considering the leagues concerns with maintaining 14 clubs in division 2. Do the FA set how many clubs must be in each step division?

Interesting may pop along for this one.

Yes you should and hopefully see you there. It’s a hive of activity down at Silver Jubilee Park at the moment, you wouldn’t recognise the place.

No news as yet folks from the Wembley meeting, please continue to watch this space or monitor this twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/EdgwareTownFC

An interesting post from another Forum:

Looking on the Edgware website and Twitter the FA are making a decision on the 15th regarding what step Edgware are allowed back in at. By all accounts Division 2 SSML is a definite. Although I hear on the grapevine that No clubs are getting promoted from Division 2 to Div 1, due to ground grading restrictions, and the league has spaces available for clubs that have grounds that meet the criteria ground wise in Division One....((SJP has been given a F grading provisionally))
I understand that Ealing Town also have a meeting with the SSML later on in the month to discuss their league status...At least a couple of new clubs in Middx for next season.

An interesting post from another Forum:

Looking on the Edgware website and Twitter the FA are making a decision on the 15th regarding what step Edgware are allowed back in at. By all accounts Division 2 SSML is a definite. Although I hear on the grapevine that No clubs are getting promoted from Division 2 to Div 1, due to ground grading restrictions, and the league has spaces available for clubs that have grounds that meet the criteria ground wise in Division One....((SJP has been given a F grading provisionally))

I understand that Ealing Town also have a meeting with the SSML later on in the month to discuss their league status...At least a couple of new clubs in Middx for next season.

I reckon Wembley will be joining the SSML.

I reckon Wembley will be joining the SSML

That will be a good addition, Club's will enjoy visiting palatial Vale Farm won't they as will the Officials

That will be a good addition, Club's will enjoy visiting palatial Vale Farm won't they as will the Officials

I was there in the FA Vase this season and on my observations the award for the best playing surface is a done deal if they join.

June 28th

It's going to be interesting this year isn't it

I was there in the FA Vase this season and on my observations the award for the best playing surface is a done deal if they join.

Pfffft Some of us have played at real Wembley. ;-)

I've got a good friend at wembley fc and they aren't aware of any potential move next season to Ssmfl

Beware of the FA Gods at their meeting next Wednesday (Re-shuffle Day)