Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town FC (RUMOUR)

... Edgware Town have recruited high profile Japanese Coach Koichi Sugiyama on a short term basis. Koichi has played over 200 games in the Japanese J-League and managed successfully at a high level in Japan as well as in Singapore where he has won a Coach of the Year award...

A quick glance at Sugiyama's Japanese Wikipedia page - http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/杉山弘一 - tells me that while he has indeed coached successfully in Singapore, he has not played over 200 games in the J-League and he has not managed at anything even approaching a high level in Japan.

More important who are the players he will coaching.

he has not played over 200 games in the J-League

Furtho - Koichi Sugiyama will be the highest profile SSML Coach since Clement Temile won't he if, as expected, Edgware do join the League. You're right as the great man only played 175 games in the J-League up to 2003 when he retired, I was mis-informed:

http://soccerdatabase.eu/player/109732/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koichi_Sugiyama_%28footballer%29

Munchkin - I'm not so sure, Clement played in the 1984 Africa Cup of Nations Final didn't he, Tony Galvin played in a European Championship for the Republic of Ireland, which is more high profile. Anyway I said Koichi Sugiyama will be the highest profile SSML Coach since Clement Temile who I believe was still with Kentish Town after Tony had left Garden Walk.

Maybe he will tempt the great Takumi Ake back from Japan to play for Edgware Town

The Club held Youth Trials yesterday at Silver Jubilee Park for Under 18s with a view to entering the high quality Southern Counties Floodlit Youth League next season, watch this space for further news

The Club held Youth Trials yesterday at Silver Jubilee Park for Under 18s with a view to entering the high quality Southern Counties Floodlit Youth League next season, watch this space for further news

High quality? Who's playing for ET - the Singapore National U18's?

The Club have some very innovative, knowledgeable, determined, dedicated and influential people onboard this time around who are hungry to succeed and who won't tamely give up the ghost at the drop of a hat as was the case when Edgware Town were sadly forced out of their White Lion Ground home, I really think the sky could be the limit.

The Club have some very innovative, knowledgeable, determined, dedicated and influential people onboard this time around who are hungry to succeed and who won't tamely give up the ghost at the drop of a hat as was the case when Edgware Town were sadly forced out of their White Lion Ground home, I really think the sky could be the limit.

Are you officially involved with the Club?

Are you officially involved with the Club?

Why do you ask out of interest

And once Mr Rhodes avoids answering a simple question choosing to reply with a question that he expects an answer

Edited by Karen Browne

Rhodesy likes asking questions but you won't get a straight answer out of him.  :D

Not at all, you're way off the mark there