Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town FC (RUMOUR)

Glad it went well for Edgware Town FC.

Mr Rhodes get involved with em!

People were falling over themselves last Thursday to sign on the dotted line and become involved for next season, that's more than Manchester United can say isn't it!

True up the Edgware Town!

People were falling over themselves last Thursday to sign on the dotted line and become involved for next season, that's more than Manchester United can say isn't it!

That's good, they'll have no trouble winning everything going then. With you on board they will also win a lot of friends and respect too.

Glad it went well for Edgware Town FC.

Savagebee - Thanks, I assume you saw the photos on the website, you should have come down and I would have bought you a pint:

http://www.edgwaretownfc.co.uk/index.php/match-report/87-27-02-2014-supporters-etfc-vs-hendon

• 2 weeks later...

Would anybody like an update on progress at Edgware Town, onwards and upwards doesn't even begin to describe it!

Please update us.

How long do you have

Neutral - You should try to come down to Silver Jubilee Cup one Thursday evening and see for yourself the hive of activity. After training this week a squad of 16 trialists were selected from those who have attended over the past few weeks and a game will take place at on Tuesday, kick off 7.30pm, against high profile opponents, the bar will be open and all are welcome, even Keeps infact I half expected him to turn up to a training session touting his lad.

Just to add that there were 35 bright eyed and bushy tailed trialists at Silver Jubilee Park on Thursday all chomping at the bit to be in the chosen 16 to play against FC Spandits on Tuesday evening although obviously the 'unlucky' 19 will still feature in the Club's ambitious plans for next season.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for not keeping you fully up to speed with progress at Silver Jubilee Park folks but there are simply not enough hours in the day at present. Following the first trial game against FC Spandits last month, two further games have been played, a hard fought 1-0 win over AFC Southgate and an impressive 3-2 success against an experienced Hertfordshire Select XI. Two pre-season friendlies have so far been arranged, away to Sun Postal Sports on 26 July and against Ealing Town FC on 2 August at the Viking Sports Ground in Greenford. The Club are up before the FA at Wembley Stadium on Wednesday of this week in order to find out which Division of the SSML they will be placed in next season, watch this space for details.

Depending on what level the FA grant them - Step 7 would be Division Two and Step 6 Division One.Surely then won't be granted step 5 straight away

and against Ealing Town FC on 2 August at the Viking Sports Ground in Greenford.

Interesting may pop along for this one.

I'd like to think it was Div 2 otherwise any new club will be able to buy their way into Step 6 by setting up a groundsharing arrangement. However if the FA are potentially going to shift St Mags / Hoddy / Hertford etc to the Essex Senior then it will either mean a reprieve for Hatfield / London Lions or extra promotions from Div 1 leaving them short of numbers.

I'm sure I've seen at least one Div 1 club provisionally withdrawing from the league for next season & though I'd read the Arsley res wouldn't be in the SSML next year too.

I can't believe that it would be acceptable to promote either New Bradwell (12th out of 14) or Brimsdown (14th out of 14) from Div 2

Would that also mean Ealing going straight into D1 as well?  Would Royston try to get their reserves into the SSML again?  AGM lottery here we go again !!!