Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

11th-13th March Fixtures

Lammas progress to the Final of the Middlesex Premier cup lady night with a comfortable 3-1 win against Raynes Lane, the guys at RL were very hospitable and made us very welcome and I thank then for that.

The game was quite one sided, we took the lead through our youth product Gavin Bamford who was set up by another Youth product Sean Ryan with a 40 yard cross in to the box which Gavin expertly headed home, we started the second half by letting in a soft goal, but We took the lead shortly afterwards when Paul Weatherall smashed in a 40 yard screamer, then we wrapped it up when Jules who was playing up top smashed home the third to win the match.

We face our local rivals Bedfont & Feltham in the final at Uxbridge FC on the 16th April.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Up the Lammas.

Ash 1-2 Westfield

Superb first half from us, Our workrate was unreal and scored two cracking goals. Ash couldn't have complained if they had come in 4 down.

Second half was very different and as poor as we were credit must be given to the home side who played superbly. They grabbed a goal back but with 20 minutes left were reduced to 10 men following some handbags. Still didn't stop them creating 2 or 3 more great chances.  On that showing they are by far the best team we've faced who are in the relegation scrap. Don't get Duncs drama posts either about them, to me they look a young side who are learning this level and are adapting well. Rebuilding doesn't happen over night and they had an ageing side in a similar position last season.

Park were terrible last night. Worst performance I have seen this season.

Never turn up against Epsom who fully deserved there win and it could of been by more. I dont think the Epsom keeper had a save to make all night.

Referee ruined any flow there was to the game, not that this would of had a baring on the end result.

Chessington away tomorrow night. Lets hope the this result doesnt affect the team to much.

good win last night for the boys an into a cup final. lots of changes from sat coming into the side were myself, bullen, ridley an george. few missing from injuries but i think apart from the shaky first 10 of 2nd half there was only going to be one winner. on another night we would have scored 3/4 more..

gavin bamford after a deep cross from ryan started the scoring with weatherall adding a 2nd an a tidy finish from the impressive mngadi who was moved from fullback to seal the win.

one for the refs on a direct frree kick are players allowed to protect there face with an arm across your face? i was told not to last night

Ash 1-2 Westfield

Superb first half from us, Our workrate was unreal and scored two cracking goals. Ash couldn't have complained if they had come in 4 down.

Second half was very different and as poor as we were credit must be given to the home side who played superbly. They grabbed a goal back but with 20 minutes left were reduced to 10 men following some handbags. Still didn't stop them creating 2 or 3 more great chances.  On that showing they are by far the best team we've faced who are in the relegation scrap. Don't get Duncs drama posts either about them, to me they look a young side who are learning this level and are adapting well. Rebuilding doesn't happen over night and they had an ageing side in a similar position last season.

Duncs is just a drama queen who has issues. He even believes a club's history is not important.

good win last night for the boys an into a cup final. lots of changes from sat coming into the side were myself, bullen, ridley an george. few missing from injuries but i think apart from the shaky first 10 of 2nd half there was only going to be one winner. on another night we would have scored 3/4 more..

gavin bamford after a deep cross from ryan started the scoring with weatherall adding a 2nd an a tidy finish from the impressive mngadi who was moved from fullback to seal the win.

one for the refs on a direct frree kick are players allowed to protect there face with an arm across your face? i was told not to last night

NM

It's proactive refereeing. If the defensive wall is in the penalty area then in warning you about the position of your hands being there then if it hits them he's already sold making a decision to award a penalty for handball on the basis that you have chosen (deliberately) to place them there. If you choose to ignore or disregard that advice then that's your lookout!

Likewise, in walking the wall back 10 yards the sensible, proactive referee will make sure it is clearly inside or outside the penalty area so that everyone knows what's what. Again, he's sold making a penalty decision if there's a handball inside or DFK if it's outside. Remember that on the line counts as inside the penalty area but doing what i've just described is easy to manage and clearer to all than explaining this when the situation might occur.

Hope that helps.

GA

Stupidity abounds with this selling the decision.Lets say I am in the wall,I place my hands in front of my Crown Jewels,the ball is struck with venom,hits my hands,even though I never moved them,you would award a Penalty?Maybe us lesser beings,are mistaken that we are under the illusion that hand to ball,constitutes an offence.Newby is a handsome chap,so has every right to protect whichever part of his body he wants surely.

I very much doubt a referee would give a warning in the first place if someone has his hands there Smudge.

On the subject of referees I thought that our referee was very good last night. Every time we play South Park they moan at the referee and we've already discussed their disciplinary record on this forum before. Two minutes into the game their dense right back kicks the ball away blatantly after a free kick was awarded. He could easily have booked him there, but chose not to. However he didn't calm down and was booked later, then subsequently withdrawn by the Manager at half time. All the ref's fault obviously.

Also, there were about three throw ins that were taken from the wrong place and the referee was arguably a bit picky about that. However, once he has awarded one throw in against you, you should learn why this was, not blame the ref when you do it a second time and then a third time when it was taken from about fifteen yards up the touchline. If the ref didn't pick up on that then he is poor, but he did. You can't have it both ways.

It is true that South Park look very ordinary when they play us. Maybe it is systems, maybe it is co-incidence, maybe something else. Bottom line is that South Park will almost certainly win the league, but they have some tough games coming up after Thursday's jaunt at Chessington as they face Wembley, Hanworth Villa and Westfield next. As an Epsom fan I hope they drop a few points there and then the final matches will be interesting as we all have to play each other, and Camberley too in April. It would be good for the League to see a tight battle.

Match report is here: http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN45.html

Rich,was the Card count 3 yellows South Park v 2 yellows Epsom and Ewell,hardly ill discipline.Football has a funny way of throwing up bogey sides,that teams cannot beat,E & E certainly are South Parks for sure.Funny since 'Stan the Man' stopped baiting,E&E's results have improved.Maybe the new addition of Carlton Murray Price is a godsend for your title aspirations.You can but dream ;)  

South Park had five yellows. We picked up two in a final minute scuffle.

I was told one of our two players was trying to break it up but can't confirm as I was at the other end of the ground at the time.

As for bogey sides, ours are Badshot Lea with one win in ten matches, but fortunately we don't play them again this season!

Duncs is just a drama queen who has issues. He even believes a club's history is not important.

i have drawn a line in the sand pastie i suggest you do the same,how can you call me out when we lost again,who was manager when you first started supporting the club i reckon it was in the mick cooper and ted turner era.

Ash 1-2 Westfield

nice try nln but not playing you've obviously been in callusion with another poster at the match last night

nice try nln but not playing you've obviously been in callusion with another poster at the match last night

I thought that too. It's uncanny how similar AUP's & NLN's match reports are. It's almost as if they both went to the same game                                                                                                       

How on earth are South Park top of this league!

They were totally out classed on Tuesday, Epsom and Camberley really need to start chasing SP hard as they're gonna bottle it big time, look at their run in they'll be dropping points all over the place.

Epsom just need to get their act together and go on a run and stop dropping points ...

Park were terrible last night. Worst performance I have seen this season.

Never turn up against Epsom who fully deserved there win and it could of been by more. I dont think the Epsom keeper had a save to make all night.

Referee ruined any flow there was to the game, not that this would of had a baring on the end result.

Chessington away tomorrow night. Lets hope the this result doesnt affect the team to much.