Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Eversley & California Reinstated!

From Twitter

EversleyCaliforniaFC @EversleyCaliFC 2m

The club will make an official statement shortly regrading the rumours which have been circulating this evening.

I doubt they will be welcome now! Looks like the new regime have worked hard in a very short space of time to turn things around. However, is the squad which has been assembled prepared for Div 1 or the Prem? Depends on how long the club have been aware of the potential reinstatement I suppose. I don't know the full details but I assume an appeal was lodged with the FA.

As a player where you have worked for 2-3 years fighting to get out the league to have it taken away with the view that the club will never be able to get promoted why would you stay? The league have made a huge mistake up and it's messed up a well run and and organised team. The players were offered the chance to play and higher from other clubs so naturally they are going to go. Mark Thomas should have the chance to lead the team in the prem but nothing is that simple.

Good morning,

I thought I would write a quick update with regards to this rumour.

The club did not lodge an appeal with the FA and we are planning for the season in Div 1.  If there are any changes to this, I am sure the league will notify us first.

Over the years the club has been fortunate to have some good people managing the first team.  These include Richard Vangrove, James Griffin, Ian Savage, more recently Mark Thomas and now Sam Waters.  All of the afore mentioned have contributed to the club's progress over the years.

Mark has decided to move on and we are thankful for his efforts.  He found himself in a difficult position, with the club's league status in doubt and obviously this lead to players leaving for other clubs.  Hopefully another club in the CCL will give him a chance as manager in the near future.

We are now focused on helping our new manager Sam build a squad and hopefully have another successful season.  The club's direction has changed and we are now looking to integrate the senior team with the junior sides, to try and build a platform for progression longer term.  Therefore we believe Sam is the right man for this stage of the club's development.

Happy to answer any questions anyone has.

Cheers

Edited by danielpjn

The League will be issuing a statement to clubs hopefully later today.  I will reproduce it on here.

I suppose this might just muck-up your fixture lists, Alan ?????

Why the wait? Knowing C.C.and his carefulness to detail,regarding what he posts,followed by Lazurus's post not denying that Eversley and California,have been reinstated,it must be true.WELCOME BACK to the premier E & C.Must say though that Danielpjn's post threw me a bit,as he normally has his finger on the pulse.

Hey Smudge serious question for you.

What it your hobby ?

Rambling,nice to meet like minded people,and have a few beers,as well as keeping myself fit.

In my younger days used to love Deep Sea Fishing,although gave it a miss,as to be honest it became too pricey.And my catch rate was not very good.

And your hobby is?