Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

11th/12th November Match Thread

TUESDAY

Mx Senior Cup

Ashford Town v Bedfont Sports 7.45

Spelthorne v AFC Hayes 7.30

Sy Senior Cup

Godalming v Mole Valley SCR

B&B Senior Trophy

Reading Town v Windsor

CCL Premier Cup

Cobham v Horley Town 7.45

Hanworth Villa v Guildford City 7.30

CCL Premier

Badshot Lea v Westfield 7.30

Cove v Raynes Park Vale 7.45

CCL Div 1

Chessington & Hook v Bedfont & Feltham 7.45

WEDNESDAY

CCL Premier

Colliers Wood United v Farnham Town 7.30

Cobham have not resigned from the League.  They have asked for a two week break, which has been granted by the Management Committee to enable them to re-group.  They have also scratched from the Premier Challenge Cup so this evening's planned match against Horley Town has been postponed and has been awarded to Horley.

I am in the process of formally notifying those directly affacted.

Its like a dictatorship down there.

Does Mr Reed still sit on the CCL board?  Will he ever acknowledge his arrogance has literally killed one one of the most respected senior clubs around in local leagues?

May I suggest we wait for an official announcement NLN. Not my place to add anything yet.

Cobham have not resigned from the League.  They have asked for a two week break, which has been granted by the Management Committee to enable them to re-group.  They have also scratched from the Premier Challenge Cup so this evening's planned match against Horley Town has been postponed and has been awarded to Horley.

I am in the process of formally notifying those directly affacted.

Sad news indeed  !

Lets hope they get things sorted out quickly.

There's already quite enough trouble, both financial and management-wise in lower league clubs.

I fear for Div 1 next season, clubs struggling and with the FA enforcing the flood light rule the division could be tiny come the start of the season, and for those ground sharing like ourselves, does it make sense to pay all that money for 12 or 13 home games a season.

The FA are killing step 6, they need to relax the rules and let the likes of Yately, Virginia Water and Horsley etc in to Div 1, with floodlight planning so hard to come by, I feel the FA are forcing clubs into financial melt down. IMO.

Cobham situation seems strange as things were starting to improve on the pitch.

So why now?

Is it the lights, as they were due to play tonight?  Not working or too expensive?

In any event , where does this leave Mole ValleySCR, a premier club.

As Ellers has said, not good for Div 1, or the Co CO, and you have to wonder if the Sussex league and CoCo can have five divisions between them going forward.

Just to answer a question.  The situation at Cobham does not affect Mole Valley SCR.

We are all concerned about the Division One situation overall and there is a meeting between the League, the FA and the clubs who are likely to be affected, on Monday 27 November at Leatherhead.

We made the suggestion to the FA a little while ago that our Step 6 Division should become a Step 6/7 Division, in accordance with Phil's suggestion, which in turn would allow clubs to come in as they did in the past and then grow with us, such as South Park, Knaphill, etc., who would not have been allowed in in the first place had the current rules been in place at the time.  It is not only us who are in this position - the Hellenic League, the Wessex League, the S. Cties East League are all in a similar state, and indeed one or two in other parts of the country, but only the FA can solve the problem.

I will advise the outcome of the meeting in due course.

We await the meeting with interest.

Hanworth (ruffles) 1-1 Guildford (murray-price)

Villa 9 men

Cove (pen) 1-2 RPV (Forbes, Smith)

Bad lea 3-0 Westfield

Ashford (beadle, green) 2-2 Bedfont (king, roberts)

Abingdon 1-0 Sandhurst

Godalming 2-4 MVSCR

Reading Town 0-1 Windsor (Richardson-Hodge)

Edited by Chris Clapham

Just to answer a question.  The situation at Cobham does not affect Mole Valley SCR.

We are all concerned about the Division One situation overall and there is a meeting between the League, the FA and the clubs who are likely to be affected, on Monday 27 November at Leatherhead.

We made the suggestion to the FA a little while ago that our Step 6 Division should become a Step 6/7 Division, in accordance with Phil's suggestion, which in turn would allow clubs to come in as they did in the past and then grow with us, such as South Park, Knaphill, etc., who would not have been allowed in in the first place had the current rules been in place at the time.  It is not only us who are in this position - the Hellenic League, the Wessex League, the S. Cties East League are all in a similar state, and indeed one or two in other parts of the country, but only the FA can solve the problem.

I will advise the outcome of the meeting in due course.

We await the meeting with interest.

It will be interesting.

What I think will happen around here is that the FA will transfer some Hellenic 1 East sides into the CCL leaving the Hellenic with just one step 6 division. There may be some other movements around the edges as well.

It's only really the south east that is struggling at step 6 - get rid of a division and that's most of the issues sorted in one go.

I'm not saying I agree that that's the way it should be done or that teams should be relegated without lights etc.,I know planning permission is hard to get in some areas and then there's funding, but the reality is that the FA aren't gonna change the floodlight requirements when 95% of the clubs in the country are already compliant.