Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

15th. NOVEMBER 2014 - UPDATES.

Big J R

is it possible the ref at hanworth didnt fancy the game because rumours have spread amongst them that bottles were thrown at the officials on tuesdays game with guildford and racist chanting was heard? Maybe he was worried about his safety? Can be the only reason i can think he would call off what has been described by several players and fans as "perfectly playable". Certainly an incredibly hostile environment to be involved in

You really shouldn't comment purely on rumours, bottles thrown? Really!!! I'd like you to prove that rumour!!!

And as for racist chanting, can you really be sure on that? Choose your comments more wisely, fact is we had 6 IC3 players playing and on the bench on Tuesday, if any racist chanting existed would these same 6 players be present as yesterday's fixture? I think not!!!

Stop spouting your bulls* *t and state facts, if you wasnt present then shut up on about something you know feck all about.

Ghastly, Ghastly, Ghastly...the real meaning of 3G

Thats your opinion,mine is Great Great Great,having played on one for the last 6 weeks have to say why has it taken so long for the uk to get the ball rolling,i believe Germany have around 9000 and we have 800 nuff said.  ;)

Thats your opinion,mine is Great Great Great,having played on one for the last 6 weeks have to say why has it taken so long for the uk to get the ball rolling,i believe Germany have around 9000 and we have 800 nuff said.  ;)

Yes, and although they are differing opinions, they are equally valid. I will continue to watch proper football wherever possible and anyone who wants to watch a pale imitation of it is, quite obviously, free to do so. Great it ain't, football it ain't and if I can't pay to watch proper football in one place, because it's been taken over by tip-tap, I'll go somewhere that I can.

Yes, and although they are differing opinions, they are equally valid. I will continue to watch proper football wherever possible and anyone who wants to watch a pale imitation of it is, quite obviously, free to do so. Great it ain't, football it ain't and if I can't pay to watch proper football in one place, because it's been taken over by tip-tap, I'll go somewhere that I can.

Quite agree with you VOR but as has been highlighted in this thread already, limited club resources & games not needing much to be called off coupled with winter's that seem to get wetter by the year & club's losing finances as a result I think 3G's going to become a necessity for some clubs. It could also help form if club's don't have stop start patches in the season. It doesn't seem to have affected Whyteleafe's season.

Quite agree with you VOR but as has been highlighted in this thread already, limited club resources & games not needing much to be called off coupled with winter's that seem to get wetter by the year & club's losing finances as a result I think 3G's going to become a necessity for some clubs. It could also help form if club's don't have stop start patches in the season. It doesn't seem to have affected Whyteleafe's season.

All well and good Foxy but where do level 4,5 & 6 even lower/higher level get funds to have a 3/4G pitch.  Fund raining for alot of money around £600,000 (I believe) for a complete pitch & surroundings takes along time unless the club has a major sugar daddy !!!  ;)

Even if the FA help, how many clubs can they help,?  

Lets be realistic, it won't happen but maybe ''some'' clubs will be fortunate enough with help from somewhere.

As a footnote:  I do understand the matter of weather causing problems, but I think with 3/4G whilst it is great for coaching etc., I do think we would miss the excitement grass pitches gives us, in so far that different conditions bring out different and vary players skill factor  and decision making.  As an example for excitement, especially on wet conditions, is when a defender makes a slide tackle or has to slide in order stop the ball going over the line  to prevent a goal, I'd imagine the player wouldn't do that on 3/4G with a risk of a massive ''grass'' burn.... even if nowadays that wouldn't be the case, it would go thru;' their mind and a goal will be scored when perhaps it could have been prevented ?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against 3/4G pitches, I just think sometimes its not realistic football which grass pitches give.  There's room for pros & cons conversation on both sides of the fence, but as mentioned above, I think finance is a stumbling block however, if a club does get 3/4G its good for getting finance into the club that's for sure.

Maybe I'm a purist ?

I don't think it's just levels 4, 5 & 6 BG, I think a lot of Step 3 clubs would struggle as well but in some cases it's needs must. Take Chessington & Hook for example. Around this time of year if it's rained in the week there will be a good chance a home game will be off. They are often behind with games, which gives people like Lazarus constant headaches. If they had an artificial surface then they wouldn't have that problem & it's clubs like that that the FA should be trying to assist first. Granted it is expensive but the revenue that it would bring in will help the repayment of that I would imagine.

I'm agreeing with you regards to missing grass pitches & I'd love to see all non league clubs with suitable grass facilities but it's not realistic anymore. Virtually every team trains on a 3G pitch now, meaning that teams would be training on the surface their often going to play on & even a lot of professional turfs mix grass with 4G so it can't be that different. Players sliding or the pace/bounce of the ball is often the argument thrown up in this circumstance but I've seen players sliding on 3G & you could argue would the same players make a sliding tackle in July/August when the ground is dry? At the end of the day, good players will do what is necessary without thinking & will adapt their game according to their surface their playing on.

It's refs that are getting wetter by the year.

If David Icke was still involved in football he'd come up with some crackpot conspiracy theory that refs are being controlled by artificial pitch manufacturers. Have you noticed the pitches are the same colour as the reptilian humanoids who run the planet? #JustSaying

http://youtu.be/vHZWyMFgM80

Better late than never, here is the match report from our narrow defeat at Cove.

I could say we were robbed, but at the end of the day if we don't put it in the net, it's no one else's fault but our own!

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN129.html

Indeed Rich.  Another tricky hurdle negotiated by Cove.  No sign of them letting up is there.  Can anyone stop them ?

Also re Hanworth unless I have missed it what was the reason for calling the game off ?

As far as I'm concerned, clubs can do as they wish, just as I can with my money and will.  An investment in proper drainage would improve many pitches, but greed will always win and many clubs probably couldn't care less whether people preferred proper football as long as they are coining it in.

Indeed Rich. Another tricky hurdle negotiated by Cove. No sign of them letting up is there. Can anyone stop them ?

Also re Hanworth unless I have missed it what was the reason for calling the game off ?

Krooner, the match referee deemed the pitch un-playable after the downpour 1.15-2.10, think his assistants disagreed!!!

As far as I'm concerned, clubs can do as they wish, just as I can with my money and will.  An investment in proper drainage would improve many pitches, but greed will always win and many clubs probably couldn't care less whether people preferred proper football as long as they are coining it in.

how much does drainage cost ? and a lot of the time it is only a stop gap economy,3/4 G is the way forward voice whether we like it or not

how much does drainage cost ? and a lot of the time it is only a stop gap economy,3/4 G is the way forward voice whether we like it or not

Well, I don't like it. Unlike many in this age of apathy, if I don't like something, I show those who do things I don't like that this is the case. In this respect, it will mean I won't pay to watch tip-tap anti football because I think it's crap. The "it's the way forward" bandwagon might be rolling, but it is only " the way forward" because those who might also think it's inferior and not football are too apathetic and timid to stand up and say so.

I don't think it's just levels 4, 5 & 6 BG, I think a lot of Step 3 clubs would struggle as well but in some cases it's needs must. Take Chessington & Hook for example. Around this time of year if it's rained in the week there will be a good chance a home game will be off. They are often behind with games, which gives people like Lazarus constant headaches. If they had an artificial surface then they wouldn't have that problem & it's clubs like that that the FA should be trying to assist first. Granted it is expensive but the revenue that it would bring in will help the repayment of that I would imagine.

I'm agreeing with you regards to missing grass pitches & I'd love to see all non league clubs with suitable grass facilities but it's not realistic anymore. Virtually every team trains on a 3G pitch now, meaning that teams would be training on the surface their often going to play on & even a lot of professional turfs mix grass with 4G so it can't be that different. Players sliding or the pace/bounce of the ball is often the argument thrown up in this circumstance but I've seen players sliding on 3G & you could argue would the same players make a sliding tackle in July/August when the ground is dry? At the end of the day, good players will do what is necessary without thinking & will adapt their game according to their surface their playing on.

As stated I am not against 3/4G pitches.  Inveriably training on 3/4G pitches is to save clubs own pitch iwhich is subject to weather conditions.  Again as I mentioned for training and coaching they are ideal however as you mentioned teams train on 3/4G then at weekend play on grass totally different surface !

Also  its been said that 3/4G pitches are not good for ankles and knees.

We could discuss this until the cows come home but the bottom line is finance !  Clubs can't afford it so its grass I'm afraid bar the few who find ways to fund the pitch installation.

Forget clubs will get their money back thru' rent out etc., but first you've got to get the pittch installed and there lies the stubbling block.

The game has itself changed so much in recent times and is now so different to when i started playing,no back passes,the offside law,amount of subs allowed,contact and tackles, it seems now even the good old fashioned shoulder barge is not allowed,we are playing a different sport now and the surface of 3/4g suits this sort of game,its fast, skillfull and almost certainly guaranteed to go ahead whatever the weather,this is not just change for changes sake this is a must if we are ever gonna stand a chance of winning something nationally.  

Duncs,loved your post above,Winning something nationally will never happen.The reason being the new breed of players are all tricks,all individuals.The Ox,Sterling,Townsend,Wiltshire,Henderson,Lallana,do not know what team play is,let alone pass to a team mate.

Duncs,loved your post above,Winning something nationally will never happen.The reason being the new breed of players are all tricks,all individuals.The Ox,Sterling,Townsend,Wiltshire,Henderson,Lallana,do not know what team play is,let alone pass to a team mate.

,,,and many couldn't give a stuff whether the over hyped, over ambitious, average national team wins or not,, myself included.