Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

3 point deduction

The player only had to count to 5. Also the club cannot dissociate itself from the actions of its players or fans. After all we bask in the glory when they are successful.

I also worry about Mr Dacorum. What has it to do with a provincial backwater like Hemel Hempstead!

I think the suspension was for 10 bookings .The player thought he had about 8 -9..(Thats why the club checked to make sure).So the player was as accurate as he could be given the circumstances..He certainly got it far more accurate than the FA did on two of their official records.

Edited by lovely stuff

Love Margate and a possible imbecile (awaiting confirmation) but that is beside the point.................you fecked up so take your punishment and stop whining

I think the club were prepared to take whatever punishment came their way back in February after reporting. However, when the FA come back to you and say suspend the player for the next two games, and then tell you there will be no further punishment (as well as telling the RL this in an email), what would you do? Meekly sit around and get shafted, or point out multiple mistakes and fight your corner?

The problem seems to be this: when the player said he'd had '8 or 9 bookings' and the FA records showed something completely different alarm bells really should have been rung in the mind of the Secretary. Despite the existence of the FA system, the onus falls upon the club/player to act in accordance with the rules - its not the FA which stands to be punished by them, is it?

This is cruel on ETFC in many ways, but I really can't see how an appeal can succeed. The Secretary couldn't be sure that he'd checked ALL the databases at the time. Unfortunately, in these circumstances, that leaves us up a creek without a paddle. The databases DID eventually reveal the booking situation. It just wasn't as straightforward as it should've been .

You can see in the initial ruling that the FA were quite content to let us off with a slap on the wrist. The problem is that the rules don't actually allow for that. In the end there has been no choice but to impose the deduction.

I suggest we save our money and take this one on the chin. Afterall, the play-offs will proceed whether we like it or not.

Good thing Met Police can neither afford nor do they want to go up!!

Absolutely gutted for everyone after a phenomenal season.

Whilst I want the club to fight this decision all the way it will cost a small fortune and still only guarantee play-off football if the decision is reversed... A big IF with the F.A.

If the board do draw a line under this and start planning for next season I wouldn't blame them as frustrating and annoying as it may be.

Have to say that I am of a like mind to Barry and Andy on this one. It's not a defeatest stance but it is realistic and it is practical.

On the balance of risks drawing a line under this by not appealing the decision and moving on my be our best option.

It's been a great season on pretty much all counts. Great vocal support at home and excellent support away. A team at times playing fast , incisive attacking football and a set of players and a Management team who understand 'who' we are and seeem to genuinely care about and appreciate the supporters,  the Board and the Volunteers.

So much depends on Brad staying but based on where the club was just 12 months ago I am quite happy for the Club and its Officers to concede the position and look forward to another season in the Isthmian Premier.

Can see where some of you are coming from.Past experiences involving court cases must make the club very wary..On the flip side,It is a point of high principal and basic common sense that we would be fighting for.Also the chance of the increased revenue that promotion would bring.

Agree though that the club should try not to get into this to deeply in financial terms .Let try to do this as cheaply as we can .If its going to affect the clubs stability by losing a significant amount of money fighting the FA,then i would back the board all the way in whatever decision they feel is in the best long term interests of the club.