Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Merstham

seemgee

First of all very well done to Andy, Steve, Mario and the boys on an excellent result today, and another clean sheet, which lifts us up the Table into the play-off places.
CC I share your disappointment that  Mo Faal picked up a red card this afternoon. Like yourself I wasn't at the game today so it is difficult to comment on how and why this happened.
I see a Merstham player was also red-carded around the same time. Perhaps those at the game will enlighten us as  to what caused the incident.

My understanding is that a straight red card received for a professional foul will result in a one-match ban. Dissent leading to a red card will generally earn a two-match ban, while violent conduct can be punished with a suspension for three-matches. If the straight red card was for a professional foul, it would be a one-match ban and he would miss the Brightlingsea Regent match on Tuesday evening.

Regarding our FA Cup match next Saturday, I saw the Chichester replay on Tuesday evening, and whilst they are a decent side, we play in a higher Division, are playing well, and I expect us to win, with or without Mo Faal.

No need for the 2 yellows.    Debateable whether the first yellow was a dive or not.   

However no excuse for kicking the ball away.    Seems their number 6 got in his head n vice versa.

A referee to remember for the wrong reasons.

However solid performance overall.  Well done to all.   Cant fault another clean sheet ?

Frustrating finish and handbags at the dugouts.

The first yellow, for simulation, was a stonewall penalty. I was 4 yards away from it. I didn't see the second. I really feel for the players at this level as they are constantly let down by atrocious officials who should be plying their trade in the local park on a Sunday morning ! !

Edited by Seaside Towner

Unfortunately I was held up by in a traffic jam whilst on my way to the match and decided to return home. 

However, from what I have read,  Faal received two Yellow cards which resulted int a Red. My understanding is that unless there were no other circumstances it will result in him only receiving a one match suspension. We will have to wait and see whether any such additional circumstances are reported by the referee.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

First game of the season for me due to holidays and national bowls competitions(watching, not playing I hasten to add).

Impressive performance against a team who always posed a threat with their BIG players.

Regarding Mo. I personally thought he was lucky to still be on the park after he pushed his head into their number 6's head. At a higher level, and a different referee, he would probably have gone there and then. However, he never stopped running and caused problems for them until he got the red card. I'm sure he will learn from it.

As for the referee. I don't normally pass on negative comments but on this occasion I need to. I think he lost control early on and never regained it. He let the players get to him and appeared to want to have long discussions with them which slowed the game down. 

3 points and on to the next game.

Agree entirely with the comments made by seaside Towner and Andyetfc.

Fortunately there was a referee assessor there from the FA to witness the performance by the officials.

We played some exceptional football today and got a well deserved win,good to see Lewis back fit and playing again.

COYT.

Didnt know about the assessor.   Ouch.

Think the feedback in the refs room after couldve gone on a long time...dont know if managers still give scores for refs....but neither bench was  happy at all.

Agree....going forwards we looked dangerous all afternoon and can only remember Nathan making one save.

Much steadier at the back and hope if Mo is missing next weekend that Billy is back.

The ref was poor. The first yellow was totally undeserved as he did not dive. I had a clear view as it happened on touch line barely 3 yards down from my position and across the running track.

Second he kicked the ball away but how many times we see that and no yellow. 

I also agree with Andy as I was expecting a dismissal after the earlier incident.

It seems that Mo Faal will be out next Saturday as it appears that the procedure for players suspensions, at Step Level 2 and below,  does not start until 7 days after the game in which the Red card was given. 

From what people have said Mo's first offence could be construed as doubtful. It's a pity we have no video evidence to prove it one way or the other as we did when we appealed against a red card incident a few seasons ago. I believe it related to a dismissal during a match against Dulwich Hamlet .

Edited by 4wembleyfinals