Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pred'n Lg - Wk 13 results, Wk 14 games (final week) - by Sunday 12th July 12:00

Jago

Akhmat Grozny eh?  That caught a few of us out, but not the Russian experts amongst us (yes of course I’m talking about Mr D and Lady Jago) who both got the 2-1 away win spot on.  Lady Jago also got the Golden Boot – probably for the first time in history – so I’m feeling very proud (if somewhat bemused) at the moment.

Anyway - We have a new champion.  Very well done Lord Upminster – a first time winner – and no you don’t get to usher your sheep across Upminster Bridge just because you are confirmed as Lord of the Manor.  But rather disappointingly the week’s results mean there is now nothing to play for in Division 1* so feel free to go wild on the final Week 14.  * Except for me to finish above The Baby, obvs. 

A special mention does need to go to Hatted Urchin and Ozz who contrived the first ever nil-nil draw, though their forgetfulness was matched by Sir Colin.  I can understand Mr Hat and Ozz, as they’ve never been the sharpest tools in the box, but you’d think Colin would be used to a Tuesday night kick off by now!

Meanwhile down in Div 2 it is ALL to play for, so we have agreed with the BBC to switch the screening rights to the basement boys for this week only.  (Nobody wants to see that dross week in week out).

Basically anything could happen – the big game being MikeMike v Paul C for the 3rd auto-promotion spot.  Mike looked a certainty 2 weeks ago, but has taken his foot firmly off the pedal and now needs to remotivate a squad who seem already to have spent their promotion bonus on fast women/men and Diamond White. My money’s on Paul “don’t mention the match fixing” C.

And finally it’s nice to see the bottom of Div 2 resuming a more familiar look, with the later-than-expected arrival of Dinamo back in his normal dismal place.  But incredibly even he has a chance of the play-offs.  As to Wivvers and Lady Jago – well maybe next year, should Covid spare us that long.

The full stats are coming up Right Now ...

UPMINSTER DIVISION

image.png.413c5d36c9afea73c5fc5d589253dec3.png

image.png.56069112207373a638bbdcba27ae9c1f.png

COLLIER ROW DIVISION (SOUTH)

image.png.cf06d909cf2a8cae314fc0974cb22d63.png

image.png.cc70f3d96f770cd6c6ac6ab7618df45a.png

NEXT WEEK - FINAL WEEK (Phew) - Sunday 12th July by 12:00 noon

image.png.5c638ddfe7fc368240e6709364a82e76.png

Please predict on :

Napoli v AC Milan
Wolves v Everton (12:00)
Aston Villa v C. Palace
Tottenham v Arsenal
Stoke v Birmingham City

Over and out.
JAGO.

Thanks for quick reply Paul as it allows me to introduce a ...

... RULE CHANGE

@MikeMike -  as this is essentially a show-down between you and Paul you are NOT allowed to copy his scores!   In fact how about you can have a maximum of 2 scores the same?  I'll introduce  this rule for next season versus the Dummy Team as well (i.e. max of two 1-1 draws allowed).  I'm happy to be voted down on this but it seems to makes sense and I can't be arsed to actually organise the vote.

Nb this rule only applies to "show-down" type games, plus all matches v The Dummy Team.  Rule does not apply to play-offs (as league position is not the deciding factor).

And yes, I do make it up as I go along!

My money is on Paul as well seeing as I've mostly been out of my head on £2 Diamond White and Tequila Gold.
Thanks for the rule change heads up, I'm just happy you think I actually know any of the rules.
As to copying scores, you've seen my form does it look like I copy.
Now I've got to go back and check what Paul has put to ensure I'm in compliance.

Napoli  0 v 2 AC Milan
Wolves 1 v 0 Everton (12:00)
Aston Villa 2 v 1 C. Palace
Tottenham 2 v 0 Arsenal
Stoke 1 v 1 Birmingham City

Attendance: 0 

Napoli  1 v 2 AC Milan
Wolves 1 v 1Everton (12:00)
Aston Villa 1 v 1 C. Palace
Tottenham 2 v 1 Arsenal
Stoke 2 v 1 Birmingham City

Napoli 2 v 2 AC Milan