Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

Cheshunt v Enfield Town

Bottoms Up

45 minutes ago, lovely stuff said:

Class is permanent.Chairman who bankroll smaller clubs are temporary

Have you people ever questioned why you have only gone up two s##t leagues in 20 years ??  

Reed's son is your chairman . You can't get any more "Keep it in the family " than that 😊 

20 more years you might just manage one more promotion if your lucky. !!! 

If it wasn't for Andy you wouldn't be anywhere near the playoffs anyway.

3 hours ago, lovely stuff said:

Class is permanent.Chairman who bankroll smaller clubs are temporary

For your infomation our club is bankrolled by having two clubhouses which get hired out, a 3g pitch which is also hired out multiple times a week and also FC Romania ground sharing. Plus the fact our youth teams, ladies and girls teams, walking football teams mens and ladies, the inclusive football teams which all use the facilities. Its just a well run club which doesn't spend beyond its means like many others. Our budget is nowhere near one of the top budgets in the league the performances are down to a good manager, good team and plenty of team spirit. By the way the owner is here for the long haul so i'm not sure where you get temporary from.

4 hours ago, Albury_Walker said:

Have you people ever questioned why you have only gone up two s##t leagues in 20 years ??  

Reed's son is your chairman . You can't get any more "Keep it in the family " than that 😊 

Albury, I think you need to put the Christmas sherry away now!

I have no issue with the result - you win some, you lose some, and I thought we were very fortunate to take the points at our place earlier in the season, so honours even.

As you know all too well Town have only been promoted twice in 20 years because we started from scratch as a club owned by the fans. It wasn't all that long ago Town were playing at Brimsdown on a roped-off pitch with facilities which weren't good enough to enter the FA Cup. Along the way we have encountered several clubs bank-rolled by money men - anyone remember Leyton? Assuming Cheshunt get the shiny new stadium etc then that kind of set-up should be in the Conference South and I wouldn't begrudge that happening. I'm very aware that Town are on a much more gentle curve. Again, not that long ago we were drafting in George Borg to mount a battle against relegation. I am pretty confident that Town will eventually get into the Conference South. It may happen this season, or it may not. Andy may or may not be the manager to get us there. But with the progress Town are making both on and off the pitch, a bit of luck and we'll get there!

10 hours ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Albury, I think you need to put the Christmas sherry away now!

I have no issue with the result - you win some, you lose some, and I thought we were very fortunate to take the points at our place earlier in the season, so honours even.

As you know all too well Town have only been promoted twice in 20 years because we started from scratch as a club owned by the fans. It wasn't all that long ago Town were playing at Brimsdown on a roped-off pitch with facilities which weren't good enough to enter the FA Cup. Along the way we have encountered several clubs bank-rolled by money men - anyone remember Leyton? Assuming Cheshunt get the shiny new stadium etc then that kind of set-up should be in the Conference South and I wouldn't begrudge that happening. I'm very aware that Town are on a much more gentle curve. Again, not that long ago we were drafting in George Borg to mount a battle against relegation. I am pretty confident that Town will eventually get into the Conference South. It may happen this season, or it may not. Andy may or may not be the manager to get us there. But with the progress Town are making both on and off the pitch, a bit of luck and we'll get there!

Very well said TCC

Back to the match, I've seen a couple of comments about the two penalty shouts in the first half - wasn't brilliantly placed for either, as I was on the right hand side of the goal, but I didn't think there was much in the first challenge on Mo. The second on PK looked to me like one that could easily have been given, but not one that we can moan too much about not being given.

To the comments on Cunnington, I don't think we played particularly long ball the other day, but having him playing does give us the option of an out ball - his hold up play is as good with his feet as it is in the air (with the right service into him, not aimlessly towards him), and he can bring other players into the game, which he did very well first half in my view. Having Thomas and Youngs centre midfield and two full backs willing to get forward meant that we retained possession pretty well, and it was a lot less "hit and hope" than I've seen over the past few seasons. Special shout out to Youngs as well, who looks like a natural centre midfielder - there's no doubting his technical ability, but I was never sure what his best position was - not really a wide midfielder, not really a forward, but he seems to have found the correct slot in the team where he can influence a game. It's not an easy position to play, as you need to know when to hold, when to get forward and be comfortable on the ball as well as competitive in the air and on the ground, and he did all of those things well on Monday.

Edited by Barney

16 hours ago, Albury_Walker said:

12 trophies since Town were formed in 2001.In that same 20 years Cheshunt picked up 4 trophies.

13 hours ago, Sweetnicker said:

For your infomation our club is bankrolled by having two clubhouses which get hired out, a 3g pitch which is also hired out multiple times a week and also FC Romania ground sharing. Plus the fact our youth teams, ladies and girls teams, walking football teams mens and ladies, the inclusive football teams which all use the facilities. Its just a well run club which doesn't spend beyond its means like many others. Our budget is nowhere near one of the top budgets in the league the performances are down to a good manager, good team and plenty of team spirit. By the way the owner is here for the long haul so i'm not sure where you get temporary from.

At Enfield fc 25 years ago we though we had a owner who was in it for the long haul .A chairman with great ideas and ambition.Bringing the money in.Hiring the ground out to Saracens Rugby club to bring in extra revenue.New Flats and Housing planned on site enabling a new modern stadium.We just might have to groundshare somehwere else for a season or two while it is all being built..You get the general idea.

Edited by lovely stuff

1 hour ago, lovely stuff said:

12 trophies since Town were formed in 2001.In that same 20 years Cheshunt picked up 4 trophies.

Most from level 5 or middx cup where you played other teams ressies/youth  .Nice try . 😊

BTW if the Williams family were planning on stitching us up they'd of done it long ago . I think they've been in control for 11/12 years now. Again Nice Try 😊

God, I know I can be boring but this chit chap with Albury  makes the weather outside feel like a warm summers day. 

At least I talk about my concerns regarding EFTC. So may I suggest Albury you start a similar forum for your club. Because your discourse is becoming childish and at even my age I am not ready yet to enter my second childhood. 

No need to reply because I won't bother to read it. 

14 minutes ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

So may I suggest Albury you start a similar forum for your club.

Unfortunately Cheshunt only have a handful of fans. That's why Albury and the other aliases he uses appear on here.

The lack of any decent sized fanbase is the reason why Cheshunt will always remain the plaything of a money man. It matters not that they have income streams generated by the facilities if the 5,000-capacity stadium will only ever see crowds 1/10th of that on a regular basis. Is the long-term goal really to see Cheshunt as a full-time club in the Football League? In which case that will take a lot of money and definitely isn't sustainable. The demise may not be as swift as Billericay's, but its inevitable. Mark my words, Cheshunt will be in one of the Isthmian League divisions in 10 years time.

2 hours ago, Albury_Walker said:

Most from level 5 or middx cup where you played other teams ressies/youth  .Nice try . 😊

BTW if the Williams family were planning on stitching us up they'd of done it long ago . I think they've been in control for 11/12 years now. Again Nice Try 😊

3 out of your 4 were Herts Charity Cup😅 The other was Isthmian Div2 19 years ago

Seems like this is becoming a ‘he said, he said’ thread. Totally boring, so why don’t you guys just message each other?

By the way, happy new year to all non league teams who have struggled over the last 18 months. Let’s just hope that the very encouraging crowds come back week after week instead of watching the over paid prima donnas.

Edited by andyetfc

5 hours ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Unfortunately Cheshunt only have a handful of fans. That's why Albury and the other aliases he uses appear on here.

The lack of any decent sized fanbase is the reason why Cheshunt will always remain the plaything of a money man. It matters not that they have income streams generated by the facilities if the 5,000-capacity stadium will only ever see crowds 1/10th of that on a regular basis. Is the long-term goal really to see Cheshunt as a full-time club in the Football League? In which case that will take a lot of money and definitely isn't sustainable. The demise may not be as swift as Billericay's, but its inevitable. Mark my words, Cheshunt will be in one of the Isthmian League divisions in 10 years time.

Why mention Billericay? There is no comparison between Glenn Tamplin and our owner, Cheshunt FC is not his plaything he has done so much making it a community club and will continue to do so. Our support is growing gradually and as a club we are certainly not stagnating, to be honest with the massive support you believe you have there isn't that many on this forum. Not sure where you are getting the full time football league  and the 5,000 stadium info from, the new plans are for a 2,000 stadium to begin with. Has anyone seen Theo? he seems to have gone missing i just wanted to tell him that 16 games unbeaten isn't bad for a "two bob outfit" . Anyway as someone here said its getting boring now so thats all from me, have a happy new year everyone and you never know we may meet again in the play offs (by the way i'm not AW and he ain't me).

Barney mentioned the vile comments directed at Andy Leese from the Cheshunt fan base. Not chants about his physicality or any historic personal issues.

The shouts of ‘N+#ce’ and ‘Pae**phile’ were heard and was quite disgusting to hear, especially with so many Women and young children at the game as well.

If Cheshunt think their fan base will grow with those morons leading the support they’ll be in for a surprise, as it creates an atmosphere to stay clear of.

If the Williams had any metal about them they’d act on this and send an apologetic message to The ETFC manager.

A bit like Worthings statement following their game v’s Bognor yesterday 👇

https://worthingfc.com/2021/12/club-statement-2021-12-29/

12 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Well said BU  and I totally agree with your comments.

Also I would have thought that shouting out such words of abuse would have been equally upsetting to long standing Cheshunt supporters.  For reasons best known to themselves!!!!! 

Talking to some Bishops Storford fans a couple of weeks ago they wasn't impressed with the behaviour of some of your fans, it happens not all football fans are saints.

Barney’s match summary is spot on. I thought we were the stronger team, certainly started both halves well. The equaliser was terrible defending, half the team seemed to have gone AWOL, but credit to Cheshunt for a clinical counter-attack and finish. There was a very odd 15 minutes or so phase half way through the second half when both teams and supporters were very flat, but it picked up with 20 minutes to go. The winning goal came against the run of play but once again the finish was clinical.

I thought the Cheshunt no. 5 was lucky to still be on the pitch before the Cunnington tackle. He had already been booked in the first half and persistent foul play alone should have seen him get a second yellow. But with our wayward shooting boots, I don’t think it was going to be our day anyway. We saw plenty of the ball but didn’t make nearly enough clear cut chances. Mo had an off day, kept trying to beat too many men too many times rather than passing it quickly and running into space (his strength). 

ETFC supporters must have out-numbered Cheshunt supporters 2 to 1, the fan base is there if we can produce the type of football people want to see. But I’m starting to worry that my attendance is a bad omen (the last game I saw was Stortford away), so feel free to tell me to stay away if we lose against Potters Bar!

10 hours ago, Sweetnicker said:

Talking to some Bishops Storford fans a couple of weeks ago they wasn't impressed with the behaviour of some of your fans, it happens not all football fans are saints.

That was two fans, and we've dealt with it. So quit the whataboutery and put your own house in order

You Townies really think your holier than thou don't you. 

The foul language from your end wasn't exactly a good advert for your club either . " Can you hear the Cheshunt sing etc etc..... I can't hear a xxxxing thing "  .Do you saintly people still want to play ping pong here ?? 😌

The foul language from your end wasn't exactly a good advert for your club either . " Can you hear the Cheshunt sing etc etc..... I can't hear a xxxxing thing "  .Do you saintly people still want to play ping pong here ?? 😌

As it’s a town forum we do what we want , start your own forum you and sweetie pie can rant as much as you like. Both of you  or ar you one of the same to make  it look like there’s  lots !!! 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😡🤐

Fortunately AW, we are both merciful and forgiving. Despite your idiocy us Towners are able to forgive your vast and varied sins and wish you a prosperous New Year. Please pass this on to the other Cheshunt fan.

37 minutes ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Fortunately AW, we are both merciful and forgiving. Despite your idiocy us Towners are able to forgive your vast and varied sins and wish you a prosperous New Year. Please pass this on to the other Cheshunt fan.

I believe the key words here for you lot should be Pious, arrogant and sanctimonous 😠😠😠. See you in the playoffs ...Thats if you have the staying power 😊😊😊😊

Edited by Albury_Walker