Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cheshunt v Enfield Town

Bottoms Up

57 minutes ago, Raingod said:

Great report Barney, really sums up the day!

Coker was the only player unavailable on the day (Covid I am told) - so a strong squad to select from (I was surprised the new signing wasnt named on the bench with Maja suspended and Scott just recovered from injury)

We can be disappointed not to get  something from the game overall - I was standing near the corner flag and the block from their defender to stop Lyle scoring was amazing!

The 2nd penalty shout looked a definate one to me (look forward to seeing the replays)

We did play some good passing moves, but our shooting was pretty wayward at times - we do seem to struggle to make the right decisions at times - a great run past 2 players is no good if the 3rd tackles you - better to play it simple and keep possession!

The goals we conceded did look weak - but want to see them properly on the replays ..

Once Cheshunt took the lead I thought that was it - and fair play to them they shut up well and controlled the game - and celebrated at the end like it was a cup final, exactly as Stortford did the other week. Teams now want to raise their game against us and we have to be prepared to go up another gear ...

Cunnington I think gets unfair stick on here - in the last minutes he was chasing lost causes, and he is not just a tall guy to head the ball .. 

Welcome return of Scott in midfield and he had a solid game - but we should have actively been subbing him before the end due to match fitness ..

I want to see LDV hugging the touchline and hurting the other team  -feels we are wasting his attacking talents at times ..

And yes, we have gone back to delaying subs too much - we need to freshen things up when we lose momentum ..

I predicted 7 points from Cheshunt, Potters Bar & Cray - with Cheshunt being the draw - we can still get 6 ...

The table suddenly looks tricky - from being comfortably in 2nd we have dropped to 6 - and really need to win these games in hand ...

Cunnington I think gets unfair stick on here - in the last minutes he was chasing lost causes, and he is not just a tall guy to head the ball .. 

Try telling that to the players who run there soxs of for him to moan and shout at them !

Whether it's Simon Thomas?? or Adam I don't think our fans like a big man and never will.....or one like Adam who puts himself about and uses his height as best he can.    Don't think that will ever change, even if he puts in a mom performance.    Thought he had a decent performance and as long as he brings his effort I for one will support anyone in white/blue/green/purple.

Thought we were on the whole better team yesterday for much of the game.  Both our goals were too soft and I'm sure the CB's will be looked at for positioning and how easy it was to be broken down.  In addition also thought Sam may have been fouled before they scored.

Any of the Cheshunt fans who regularly have nothing better to do than come on here ....you must be so proud of some of your fans......peeing next to the stand behind your dugout.......regular calls of Andy you N*nce and Andy you P**do from your classy home fans.  Such hearty entertainment with children in close proximity.    Not sure what the point is of having stewards wearing a yellow jacket unless it's to tick a box!!

Dare I say it for the first 20 minutes I thought we had a half decent referee......again soon proven wrong.   Too many big calls wrong and really look forward to seeing highlights as think he was too often out of position and this impacted his ability to get the big calls right.   Would love to know how he saw handball for our goal when he is directly behind the player.

Agreed their 5 was that bit more clever than most out there......how he escaped his second yellow  when it was blatant delaying the restart with a free kick awarded 30 yards away...in full view of the AR too.   Really do hope an assessor was there to point out so many of their errors.

Really looking forward to see how Mo ended up in a crumpled heap without a touch too.

That said Cheshunt managed the game well and we weren't clinical enough in the final 3rd.   Bad day at the office for us despite a decent performance.

Let's get back to winning ways in the next local derby.

2 hours ago, djwilf said:

Any of the Cheshunt fans who regularly have nothing better to do than come on here ....you must be so proud of some of your fans......peeing next to the stand behind your dugout.......regular calls of Andy you N*nce and Andy you P**do from your classy home fans.  Such hearty entertainment with children in close proximity.    Not sure what the point is of having stewards wearing a yellow jacket unless it's to tick a box!!

Really ?????

If you was that disgusted why didn't you get your phone out and film them while they was doing it then  ?? Andy is still very well liked at Cheshunt and I have never seen or heard any animosity against him even if he does manage you lot " our disliked rivals." I have often seen fans shake Andy's hand and I doubt Stewards would of ignored any such behavior.   Unless you can come up with something better than that then your accusation accounts for nothing. 

Edited by Albury_Walker

4 hours ago, lovely stuff said:

Classy as ever Audrey

Whats the matter LS. Are we suddenly coming to terms with the fact your not the dominant club in the area anymore ?

Times are  changing old chap take a deep breath and accept it ?

Edited by Albury_Walker

45 minutes ago, lovely stuff said:

Class is permanent.Chairman who bankroll smaller clubs are temporary

Have you people ever questioned why you have only gone up two s##t leagues in 20 years ??  

Reed's son is your chairman . You can't get any more "Keep it in the family " than that ? 

20 more years you might just manage one more promotion if your lucky. !!! 

If it wasn't for Andy you wouldn't be anywhere near the playoffs anyway.

3 hours ago, lovely stuff said:

Class is permanent.Chairman who bankroll smaller clubs are temporary

For your infomation our club is bankrolled by having two clubhouses which get hired out, a 3g pitch which is also hired out multiple times a week and also FC Romania ground sharing. Plus the fact our youth teams, ladies and girls teams, walking football teams mens and ladies, the inclusive football teams which all use the facilities. Its just a well run club which doesn't spend beyond its means like many others. Our budget is nowhere near one of the top budgets in the league the performances are down to a good manager, good team and plenty of team spirit. By the way the owner is here for the long haul so i'm not sure where you get temporary from.

4 hours ago, Albury_Walker said:

Have you people ever questioned why you have only gone up two s##t leagues in 20 years ??  

Reed's son is your chairman . You can't get any more "Keep it in the family " than that ? 

Albury, I think you need to put the Christmas sherry away now!

I have no issue with the result - you win some, you lose some, and I thought we were very fortunate to take the points at our place earlier in the season, so honours even.

As you know all too well Town have only been promoted twice in 20 years because we started from scratch as a club owned by the fans. It wasn't all that long ago Town were playing at Brimsdown on a roped-off pitch with facilities which weren't good enough to enter the FA Cup. Along the way we have encountered several clubs bank-rolled by money men - anyone remember Leyton? Assuming Cheshunt get the shiny new stadium etc then that kind of set-up should be in the Conference South and I wouldn't begrudge that happening. I'm very aware that Town are on a much more gentle curve. Again, not that long ago we were drafting in George Borg to mount a battle against relegation. I am pretty confident that Town will eventually get into the Conference South. It may happen this season, or it may not. Andy may or may not be the manager to get us there. But with the progress Town are making both on and off the pitch, a bit of luck and we'll get there!

10 hours ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Albury, I think you need to put the Christmas sherry away now!

I have no issue with the result - you win some, you lose some, and I thought we were very fortunate to take the points at our place earlier in the season, so honours even.

As you know all too well Town have only been promoted twice in 20 years because we started from scratch as a club owned by the fans. It wasn't all that long ago Town were playing at Brimsdown on a roped-off pitch with facilities which weren't good enough to enter the FA Cup. Along the way we have encountered several clubs bank-rolled by money men - anyone remember Leyton? Assuming Cheshunt get the shiny new stadium etc then that kind of set-up should be in the Conference South and I wouldn't begrudge that happening. I'm very aware that Town are on a much more gentle curve. Again, not that long ago we were drafting in George Borg to mount a battle against relegation. I am pretty confident that Town will eventually get into the Conference South. It may happen this season, or it may not. Andy may or may not be the manager to get us there. But with the progress Town are making both on and off the pitch, a bit of luck and we'll get there!

Very well said TCC

Back to the match, I've seen a couple of comments about the two penalty shouts in the first half - wasn't brilliantly placed for either, as I was on the right hand side of the goal, but I didn't think there was much in the first challenge on Mo. The second on PK looked to me like one that could easily have been given, but not one that we can moan too much about not being given.

To the comments on Cunnington, I don't think we played particularly long ball the other day, but having him playing does give us the option of an out ball - his hold up play is as good with his feet as it is in the air (with the right service into him, not aimlessly towards him), and he can bring other players into the game, which he did very well first half in my view. Having Thomas and Youngs centre midfield and two full backs willing to get forward meant that we retained possession pretty well, and it was a lot less "hit and hope" than I've seen over the past few seasons. Special shout out to Youngs as well, who looks like a natural centre midfielder - there's no doubting his technical ability, but I was never sure what his best position was - not really a wide midfielder, not really a forward, but he seems to have found the correct slot in the team where he can influence a game. It's not an easy position to play, as you need to know when to hold, when to get forward and be comfortable on the ball as well as competitive in the air and on the ground, and he did all of those things well on Monday.

Edited by Barney

16 hours ago, Albury_Walker said:

12 trophies since Town were formed in 2001.In that same 20 years Cheshunt picked up 4 trophies.

13 hours ago, Sweetnicker said:

For your infomation our club is bankrolled by having two clubhouses which get hired out, a 3g pitch which is also hired out multiple times a week and also FC Romania ground sharing. Plus the fact our youth teams, ladies and girls teams, walking football teams mens and ladies, the inclusive football teams which all use the facilities. Its just a well run club which doesn't spend beyond its means like many others. Our budget is nowhere near one of the top budgets in the league the performances are down to a good manager, good team and plenty of team spirit. By the way the owner is here for the long haul so i'm not sure where you get temporary from.

At Enfield fc 25 years ago we though we had a owner who was in it for the long haul .A chairman with great ideas and ambition.Bringing the money in.Hiring the ground out to Saracens Rugby club to bring in extra revenue.New Flats and Housing planned on site enabling a new modern stadium.We just might have to groundshare somehwere else for a season or two while it is all being built..You get the general idea.

Edited by lovely stuff

1 hour ago, lovely stuff said:

12 trophies since Town were formed in 2001.In that same 20 years Cheshunt picked up 4 trophies.

Most from level 5 or middx cup where you played other teams ressies/youth  .Nice try . ?

BTW if the Williams family were planning on stitching us up they'd of done it long ago . I think they've been in control for 11/12 years now. Again Nice Try ?

God, I know I can be boring but this chit chap with Albury  makes the weather outside feel like a warm summers day. 

At least I talk about my concerns regarding EFTC. So may I suggest Albury you start a similar forum for your club. Because your discourse is becoming childish and at even my age I am not ready yet to enter my second childhood. 

No need to reply because I won't bother to read it. 

14 minutes ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

So may I suggest Albury you start a similar forum for your club.

Unfortunately Cheshunt only have a handful of fans. That's why Albury and the other aliases he uses appear on here.

The lack of any decent sized fanbase is the reason why Cheshunt will always remain the plaything of a money man. It matters not that they have income streams generated by the facilities if the 5,000-capacity stadium will only ever see crowds 1/10th of that on a regular basis. Is the long-term goal really to see Cheshunt as a full-time club in the Football League? In which case that will take a lot of money and definitely isn't sustainable. The demise may not be as swift as Billericay's, but its inevitable. Mark my words, Cheshunt will be in one of the Isthmian League divisions in 10 years time.

2 hours ago, Albury_Walker said:

Most from level 5 or middx cup where you played other teams ressies/youth  .Nice try . ?

BTW if the Williams family were planning on stitching us up they'd of done it long ago . I think they've been in control for 11/12 years now. Again Nice Try ?

3 out of your 4 were Herts Charity Cup? The other was Isthmian Div2 19 years ago

Seems like this is becoming a ‘he said, he said’ thread. Totally boring, so why don’t you guys just message each other?

By the way, happy new year to all non league teams who have struggled over the last 18 months. Let’s just hope that the very encouraging crowds come back week after week instead of watching the over paid prima donnas.

Edited by andyetfc