Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

suspected suicide bomber has been shot by armed police

Blimey.A trade union leader described the shooting as 'gung ho'. Concidering that nobody knows all the facts ,or the sequence of events,maybe he is being 'gung ho' with his sweeping comments.

I loved the phrase in the report ''There have been suggestions that the driver was targeted because of his appearence-he is of West African decent''. Shock horror.A suspected terrorist attack is happening in a confined area.The police see an dark skinned man running away.Every recent terrorist attack had been carried out by dark skinned men.Of course he wiil rouse more suspicion than other people running away.Sorry if thats not PC enough for you Steph,but this is the real world where we deal is probablity and factual evidence, this is not some ideological,ideolistic dream world.Wake up and smell reality.

Its the same when Millwall Fc or West ham fc fans travel to Birmingham or manchester for a match.White men aged 18-35 are much more likely to be stopped and searched at the station and in the street near the ground that day ,than African or Asian men are. WHY ,because they statistically are more likely to be football hooligans than Asian or Black men.Its not racism either way.Its common sence.Political correctness starts being corrupt,when it trys to deny factual evidence.

Quote:
Steph said:
The presence of the police in our railway carriages (There were 3 of them in my carriage on the metropolitan line yesterday) is reinforcing the anxiety of the population in order to maintain our leader's position and to demonstrate that our policemen are wonderful.

Blimey, they cant win with you can they, surely after years of crying out for Police officers on foot you should welcome their prescence on the underground, im sure its more comforting for the majority of people to see them than not to have any presence at all.

I was in court yesterday and had my bag searched, this is done every time I am in court, however yesterday they removed a phillips screwdriver. What utter nonsense.

How Bizarre! Why would you be carrying a phillips screwdriver in court? are you a spark? then dead right they should take it off you!

I have been driving in town for the past couple of days and the nee-naws are getting on my pip. These hairbrained drivers put more lives at risk than any terrorism.
If you want something to be fearful of be careful crossing the road not some mad nutter with a bomb.

You truly are bitter about our Police service arnt you Steph, "hairbrained drivers" ?? what a ridiculous statement.

Quote:
lovely stuff said:
Quote:
this is as bad as saying all muslims are terroists,

I don't think anyone is saying that all muslims are terrorists.Of course ,only a very tiny minority are.

But it is also a fact that the vast majority of terrorists in the world today, are Muslim.

Why that is,and what we do about it ,is a very complex matter.

If you had used my whole quote it was complaining about branding people as not bright and was NOT branding all muslims as terrorists, I said generalisations like that were NOT correct.
DO NOT PICK OUT A COUPLE OF WORDS FROM A POST IN THIS FASHION.

Quote:
I dont think it is correct to say they are not bright as this is as bad as saying all muslims are terroists, the most you could say is that they are mis-guided.

Brunob,heres the whole sentence.I still would have posted the same thing.I know you wern't branding all muslims terrorists.You said it would be as BAD as doing that.I was agreeing with you,whilst putting my points across.

Quote:
Gazza said:
Quote:
Steph said:
The presence of the police in our railway carriages (There were 3 of them in my carriage on the metropolitan line yesterday) is reinforcing the anxiety of the population in order to maintain our leader's position and to demonstrate that our policemen are wonderful.

Blimey, they cant win with you can they, surely after years of crying out for Police officers on foot you should welcome their prescence on the underground, im sure its more comforting for the majority of people to see them than not to have any presence at all.

I was in court yesterday and had my bag searched, this is done every time I am in court, however yesterday they removed a phillips screwdriver. What utter nonsense.

How Bizarre! Why would you be carrying a phillips screwdriver in court? are you a spark? then dead right they should take it off you!

I have been driving in town for the past couple of days and the nee-naws are getting on my pip. These hairbrained drivers put more lives at risk than any terrorism.
If you want something to be fearful of be careful crossing the road not some mad nutter with a bomb.

You truly are bitter about our Police service arnt you Steph, "hairbrained drivers" ?? what a ridiculous statement.

A survey on one of the TV news programs a few days ago concluded that over 90% of commuters were reassured by the increase level of police presence on the transport network.

Quote:
lovely stuff said:
Blimey.A trade union leader described the shooting as 'gung ho'. Concidering that nobody knows all the facts

Hang on: last week you said that the Independent and the Guardian were wrong (becausze of their perceived 'agenda') and the right wing press were right. Now you're saying no-one knows Make your mind up!

The chap thats been arrested in Rome has the bloody cheek to appeal agaist his extradition. Its about time the death penalty was reintroduced for terrorists and other murderers ,As life imprisonment means 15 or so years these days, Punishments do not fit the crimes and the offenders know it.

Quote:
Tom S said:
Quote:
lovely stuff said:
Blimey.A trade union leader described the shooting as 'gung ho'. Concidering that nobody knows all the facts

Hang on: last week you said that the Independent and the Guardian were wrong (because of their perceived 'agenda') and the right wing press were right. Now you're saying no-one knows Make your mind up!

Nobody knows all the facts. I tried to gather as much information last week from all news bullitins,national newspapers,eye witness accounts,and metropolitan police statements,in order to try to gain a common concencus of what probably happened.Yourself, Steph and this union leader seem happy to accept the Indy's and Guardian account that some members of the dead man family claim he was not wearing a big coat or jumped the barrier.

As i said, at the moment none of us know the complete story.That will happen when the independent enquiry finishes.

Quote:
Enfield Blade said:
The chap thats been arrested in Rome has the bloody cheek to appeal agaist his extradition. Its about time the death penalty was reintroduced for terrorists and other murderers ,As life imprisonment means 15 or so years these days, Punishments do not fit the crimes and the offenders know it.

I disagree. My view is that a life sentence should mean exactly what it says. LIFE. Anyone found guilty of pre-meditated murder should be improsoned for life with no chance of parole. In addiiton, my view is that anyone found guilty of pre-meditated attempted murder should receive the same sentence.

Quote:

Hang on: last week you said that the Independent and the Guardian were wrong (becausze of their perceived 'agenda') and the right wing press were right. Now you're saying no-one knows Make your mind up!

Nobody knows all the facts. I tried to gather as much information last week from all news bullitins,nationl newspapers,eye witness accounts,and metroploitan police statements,in order to try to gain a common cencus of what probably happened.Yourself, Steph and this union leader seem happy to accept the Indy's and Guardian account that some members of the dead man family claim he was not wearing a big coat or jumped the barrier.

As i said, at the moment none of us know the complete story.That will happen when the independent enquiry finishes.

Perhaps you read this in Saturday's FT under the heading

"Met chief told to 'shut up' about shooting.

Sir Ian Blair, Metropolitan police commisioner, and the Home Office came under attack from the police complaints watchdog yesterday for speaking out improperly ahead of the official inquiry into the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes.

Nick Hardwick, chairman of the Independent Police Complaints Commision, said the met chief and the government should "shut up" about the details of the innocent Brazilian who was mistaken for a suicide bomber and leave the inquiry to establish the facts.

The IPCC is investigating why plainclothes officers fired eight bullets, seven directly to the head, into Mr de Menezes at point blank range at Stockwell Tube station, South London, Last Friday after police followed him from a block of flats which had been under surveillance.

On Thursday, Sir Ian told a meeting of the Metropolitan Police Authority that there was nothing "cavalier or capricious" about the incident, He said the officers involved "clearly thought they were faced with a suicide bomber".

Shortly afterwards the Home Office revealed that the Brazilian's student visa had expired more than two years ago and indicated that he had a forged stamp in his passport.

The comments infuriated Mr Hardwick, who yesterday called on the authorities to stop issuin "partial information" and to leave the commission to conduct the inquiry. The IPCC had indicated that it is determined to start from scratch, re-interview all witnesses to establish what went wrong.

In Stockwell to appeal for witnesses, Mr Hardwick said: "It [the visa details] is entirely irrelevant information. I'm rather surprised the Home Office should issue it. We wont be releasing partial information until we've independently established the facts.

"I think a lot of people would do better to shut up for the moment until our independent investigation has established the facts.

"I myself, who is conducting the investigation, I wont speculate and I won't release partial information and it would be better if other people did the same."

I have to say LS I have not mentioned anything about his clothing. The only comment I have made "about the facts" that have been reported is that I disliked the term "pakistani" in the eye witness statement and that running from a police officer is not a capital offence.

Quote:
Mr Happy said:
Quote:
Enfield Blade said:

I disagree. My view is that a life sentence should mean exactly what it says. LIFE. Anyone found guilty of pre-meditated murder should be improsoned for life with no chance of parole. In addiiton, my view is that anyone found guilty of pre-meditated attempted murder should receive the same sentence.
I would rather see them all strung up on traitors gate and watch as the tide came in. Dont forget Mr Happy in the original counties of these fanatics rapists are castrated murderers are beheaded and thieves have their fingers cut off, It appears to work in places like saudi arabia,yemen ,pakistan and crime rates are very low. you can see why these deterrants work .

Death penalty works for me, as Blade says the Crime rate in places like Saudi are close to zero, its the deterant that makes it work there, why not here?

Please before anyone says "Too many innocent people will die" that just does not wash, in todays scientific world of DNA etc there is no need for any innocent people to face the death penalty.

As Happy says life should also mean life, all custodial sentences should be increased, they are among the most embarrasing in the modern world.

One thing is for sure the guys responsible for the attempted bombings should never see the light of day again.

Quote:
Enfield Blade said:
Quote:
Mr Happy said:
Quote:
Enfield Blade said:

I would rather see them all strung up on traitors gate and watch as the tide came in. Dont forget Mr Happy in the original counties of these fanatics rapists are castrated murderers are beheaded and thieves have their fingers cut off, It appears to work in places like saudi arabia,yemen ,pakistan and crime rates are very low. you can see why these deterrants work .

Turning our way of life and laws to their ways is one of the things that they want and you say to stop them give them what they want by adopting their ways, would that be a victory or a defeat for them?

Blade/Gazza

You are so right cos then we can hang people like Henratty and Derek Bentley all over again.

There was this guy on Desert Island Discs about 6 months ago and he made a profound statement which we all should consider when we spout about capital punishment.

"Everybody is better than the worst thing that they have done".

Think about it.

You will never get me to agree with capital punishment. Taking a life in cold blood is evil, be it a murder or an execution. However, as I have stated, pre-mediated murder and attempted murder should receive an automatic life sentence that sees the criminal end his days in prison and forced to work HARD.

Quote:
lovely stuff said:
Yourself, Steph and this union leader seem happy to accept the Indy's and Guardian account that some members of the dead man family claim he was not wearing a big coat or jumped the barrier.

So, what makes the Indy or the Guardian less reliable than the Tory press? You seem to want to dismiss those two sources out of hand while keeping an "open mind" about the police and the other papers. That's not an open mind.