Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

It's Ebbsfleet United FC

Of course they will, they are just waiting for the cup run or the prmotion, the name has nothing to do with it.

You were asking them the wrong question, you should have been asking them why they haven't been coming. If we had had larger crowds, we would have been less dependant on sponserhip monies etc, and maybe we wouldn't have had to chnage the name at all

Early indications from this forum and on RK would indicate opinion is divided into 2 camps, those, like me who are dissapointed at the lack of consultation, but will "give it time" and regardless will still follow Fleet, and

Those vehemently against the change.

I have found no evidence that many fully agree with the change.

As this is a no turning back decision, it is for the club to persuade the doubters and sceptics to adapt.

Dunno about this at all, really not happy.

In the past, we lost players or a manager to the point where the team that you saw at the start of the season was fundamentally different than the one we'd seen play last, but that didn't matter because I'm from Gravesend and they were Gravesend and Northfleet.

Why should I support Ebbsfleet? If as is hoped, we're off to a different ground in a few years, what is left of the club is supported for years?

I think the name does mean more to some people than many would think.

As someone who grew up to despise any team with 'United' in its name - Manchester, Leeds, Maidstone, it's going to be a struggle.

What is being united in this instance ?

Noting Dave's comments I cannot believe the Fleet have become a club where the club blames the(stay away) fans.

Football clubs are entertainment businesses with clients. They determine the budget, not the fans.

I can't believe some of the "regulars" on here are laying into Aaronl regarding his thread about never setting foot into the ground again.

This is an emotive subject and everyones entitled to their opinion, so stop shouting people down!

We can't afford to lose supporters and I'd be interested to hear the views of other supporters who don't normally post on here. This won't happen if the "normal suspects" turn this thread into the normal "p*ss take"! Please belt up! Thanks

Originally Posted By: kevtheeufcfan
Originally Posted By: Alan ( GNFC )

The whole local area: Gravesend, Northfleet, Swanscombe, Greenhithe, Ebbsfleet in the future, and the other local areas.

Surely that is encroaching on Dartford's territory a tad?

Originally Posted By: DarrenGNFC
Originally Posted By: kevtheeufcfan
Originally Posted By: Alan ( GNFC )

The whole local area: Gravesend, Northfleet, Swanscombe, Greenhithe, Ebbsfleet in the future, and the other local areas.

Surely that is encroaching on Dartford's territory a tad?

Maybe it will drive some of Dartford's supporters towards us grin

Originally Posted By: JimGNFC
I can't believe some of the "regulars" on here are laying into Aaronl regarding his thread about never setting foot into the ground again. This is an emotive subject and everyones entitled to their opinion, so stop shouting people down!

I'd still repeat my earlier statement above:

New posters always mistake disagreement as 'being slated'. I wasn't slating, I was merely disagreeing with you as you are perfectly entitled to do the same with me.

No-one's really shouting anyone down, and as you say, it's an emotive subject. I call it strong debate.

I could see the reasoning behind a rebranding of the club if there was a merger of two teams but there isnt. I dont see how changing a name to Ebbsfleet United now is going to do anything other than alienate some fans rather than attract new ones. If we had a new stadium built, and ebbsfleet had taken off as is expected, then fine change the name, but as has been said before Ebbslfeet is just a train station at the moment so why the need to change everything?

In ten years time Dartford Football club will be bigger than Gravesend/Ebbsfleet. Why, because they got a new stadium in place with better facilities which will attract the occasional supporter. We're optimistically as has been mentioned 3-6yrs away from that which by the time we've burnt all our funds trying to maintain conference football on crowds of 1100 will be too late.