Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Contingency Plan?

JFW

Yeah ok Claudius, I get it. You have made your opinions abundantly clear......repeatedly! smile

Going off topic for a moment....you don't have to answer this (in fact you may have answered it in one of your previous posts): I'm intrigued as to where your username comes from? Is it in homage to the Roman Emperor? If so I'm guessing it was a premeditated choice for purpose, or at least it was at the time you signed up? To spare your undoubted scepticism, this isn't ensnarement, just curiosity.....honestly! smile

The facts claudius has put up are indeed correct.

As far as Britman is concerned, he mentioned he was an arsenal fan, now the spurs fan in me would think it funny that he signed up for MYFC but the football fan in me won't allow another fan to be taken in by the spin they put out on that site.

Therefore its my duty to advise him not to sign up!

If the operator dosn't get 15,000 renewals (which looks likely) he can terminate his contract and just walk away. No refunds will be given and everyone will lose their money, anyone want to argue that plain fact away?

Its my guess they won't be allowed to discuss these facts over on the happy forum, not with V and the other web team cronies calling the shots.

Point taken billy nick, I appreciate that everyone has a right to express their own opinions.

Look, I don't know Britman and I don't particularly want to keep dragging him into this debate as I don't think it's fair on him. But what he needed was impartial advice, he won't find it on here, freemyfc, nor probably the official forum. But remember, the reason that he decided not to join was because of the animosity evident on here and not because he was dissuaded by any particular view.

Originally Posted By: billy nick

If the operator dosn't get 15,000 renewals (which looks likely) he can terminate his contract and just walk away. No refunds will be given and everyone will lose their money, anyone want to argue that plain fact away?

That is not quite the full picture. Yes, the operator can walk away. But the MYFC IPS will still own the shares in the club, independently of the operator. At that point it is up to the MYFC members who have re-joined to decide the way forward for the Society and the club. They will still be the majority shareholder. That will be the real test of the mettle and ingenuity of the members and the real test of their commitment to the club.

Originally Posted By: Claudius

One thing IS for sure in all beats of life.You need to blame anyone..you have to start at the top with the people in power.
Anything else,anything less will always miss the target.

Claudius, I am astounded and very, very worried. For once, I actually find myself agreeing with you. shocked

Originally Posted By: Claudius
The nick Claudius?
No biggie..I was a fan of the TV serie..and I thought the character Claudius(played by Jacobi so on..)as portrayed in that TV serie was an honest fella with some decent values...especially given the circumstances.

Any animosity towards Myfc and it

There is not much happening regarding the MyFC renewals.

The bet is still that it will be below 9K members February 20.

The tallies regarding new members continues to be in the single digit department..and there will be 500+ memberships that has to be renewed in March unless MyFC won

"We will have to wait and see of course..but the actual and correct numbers..as we speak points towards a total membership tally of around 8300 members on February 20." claudius 11/2

"The bet is still that it will be below 9K members February 20." claudius 15/2

what is the bet, I might fancy a bit of that?

I can hear Brucie now: higher, higher lower.

"The tallies regarding new members continues to be in the single digit department."

single figures each day yes but running at 100+ a month

"Any contingency plans for the club?"

yes loads, and if you have any good ideas for the society myfc members would be pleased to hear, as would the Football Club if you have a cunning plan there.

Weymouth need help, Woking, Lewes, Ebbsfleet etc, you have energy Claudius, are you directing any of it to help any of these clubs?

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
"We will have to wait and see of course..but the actual and correct numbers..as we speak points towards a total membership tally of around 8300 members on February 20." claudius 11/2

"The bet is still that it will be below 9K members February 20." claudius 15/2

what is the bet, I might fancy a bit of that?

I can hear Brucie now: higher, higher lower.
"The tallies regarding new members continues to be in the single digit department."
single figures each day yes but running at 100+ a month

"Any contingency plans for the club?"

yes loads, and if you have any good ideas for the society myfc members would be pleased to hear, as would the Football Club if you have a cunning plan there.

Weymouth need help, Woking, Lewes, Ebbsfleet etc, you have energy Claudius, are you directing any of it to help any of these clubs?

its all sadly somewhat irrelevant now jeff....the numbers will not top 9k and 4k of those have already paid as 2/3 year members..

those that are still daft enough to care will of course be looking for Plan A's B's C's etc but in truth it boils down to this

the operator never delivered
the WT bullied and abused members
the WT ran roughshode over the original ideals
members were banned for nothing after they had paid
SB members were allowed to run riot and then resigned
fleet fans only wanted a constant drip of money

the myfc dream has not been fulfilled and thats a shame but we all know who to blame and why and its not freemyfc...let us all hope that the club survive it all which it probably will

jeff, im positive it won't go past that figure as well. The majority will have their say, in fact 500 renewals are due in march so going with the current trend 350 of those will not renew!

The numbers will go down month on month as the members vote with their feet as they will not put up with operator abuse and Web team bullies, not to mention the fact they have always been economical with the truth.

Have I got it wrong, what number do you all mean?

Members of myfc after feb 20th is the number I mean.

It just needs another 700 out of 28,000 to rejoin to go past 9000 members on feb 20th.

9000 isnt enough to keep things going as they are I know, but Claudius said 8300 was likely by feb 20. its past that now.

ongoing renewals are encouraging, 800 in December and January (combined)

March 2008 "joinees" knew it was ebbsfleet, so that wont be a reason to leave.

As for the problems you point out, Im in the stay in and fight to make it better camp, but I know a lot wont be.