Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Standards of refs again

I watched croydon v egham and it was a joke! A ref that couldn't speak a word of English and a lino that was deaf,the deaf lino was called an f^*king c~$t so many times it was embarrasing add that to a ref that couldn't speak English the it was a joke,the Croydon no.11 tried to break one egham players leg and even went in late on pearcey(brave lad),from the stands it was the officiated game I have seen,the young linesman on the dugout side who had to listen to both benches was pretty good he answered any questions and was spot on with all of his decisions,and made the call for the croydon forward to be sent off for head butt.seriously where do they get these people from?

I watched croydon v egham and it was a joke! A ref that couldn't speak a word of English and a lino that was deaf,the deaf lino was called an f^*king c~$t so many times it was embarrasing add that to a ref that couldn't speak English the it was a joke,the Croydon no.11 tried to break one egham players leg and even went in late on pearcey(brave lad),from the stands it was the officiated game I have seen,the young linesman on the dugout side who had to listen to both benches was pretty good he answered any questions and was spot on with all of his decisions,and made the call for the croydon forward to be sent off for head butt.seriously where do they get these people from?

Agree Joke.

The Lineo on the Dugout side is the one I was refering to.

The Dismissal was for a hand raised ! And IU agree and even said to the player after the game it was daft to raise your hand.

You say he went in or Pearcy ... Is that the incident when Croydon #11 stopped running and the keeper caught the 11 and jumped up and statrted limping ?

Pretty much a 50 / 50 that was.

Not quite as bad as the tackle that was in the second half when Smith was badly clattered and the ref ran away.

The ref could speak English and it was quite good.

I agree the standard is pretty awful.

Do the course and help out then instead of moaning.

It's always the same reply when anyone has a go at the officials, take up the whistle yourself. As an ex-referee and having been involved in CCL for the last 6 seasons, the standard at present is AWFUL.

But i know there aren't enough refs around and I havent got any answers how to improve the situation BUT it is extemely frustrating. We had the legend in his own lifetime, Reuben Simon this afternoon. He is always happy to point out that he played for 10 years for Feltham when they were in the Ryman League !! Well he shows no idea of having learnt from the experience. We have a defender cautioned for taking out a player by using his shoulder, def a foul but never a yellow card, and yet just 5 minutes later one of their defenders rakes his studs down our strikers shin in a poor tackle and just gets a talking too !! Having been involved at Bookham the last two seasons Teffs will back me up, we were party to watching dire performances week in week out and it hasn't got any better. As said I havent got the answers but please, accept that there are a lot of officials out there who are not up to the job !!!

The perhaps irony here is that there at present too many referees on CCFL. Last I heard the plan was that a number will be removed based on the usual combination of assessment and club marks. This should certainly help with essentially raising the quality bar.

Mewcenary is correct in that the CCL does have too many referees able to referee on the Premier Division. Some referees are going 3 or 4 months between games and this obviously does not help them to attain a good standard and then mantain it.

There is a system in place to demote some referees which will mean that they can referee Division 1 and reserve games next season but not Premier.

As far as I know this is based on assessors and club marks but will not affect referees at this level for the first year.

It is deemed (quite correctly) that it is a step up for them and will take a year to adjust ... obviously not helped though if they do not get a reasonable number of games.

It will result though in the poorer referees that have been around for more than a year being removed from the list that can referee on the Premier Division.

Hope that this makes sense

Usual load of fecking moans.

And as ever I will state the obvious.

Premiership = Premiership Referee

CCL Premier (Level 9 in the pyramid) = Level 9 quality referees.

I get stick when I referee by people who cannot control a bouncing ball and who cannot shoot straight if given 45 minutes to try and can't pass to a player in the same colour shirt. I got grief from one of the benches yesterday for not awarding a penalty but then when their striker was clean through he managed to get his shot somewhere near the corner flag and the shout from his bench was "Unlucky" No not unlucky jusy cr*p.

The referee was slated at the Croydon game yesterday yet the people doing it are actually arguing on some of the decisions made.

Lets look at dissent. People say if refs clamped down on it then it wouldnt happen but I will guarantee if someone did it will be "Referee spoilt the game. More worried about this and that rather than people trying to injury people.

Realise the CCL Premier is sh1t so you get sh1t refs. Live with it.

SPY - Reuben is prob the best official at this level - that was a nailed on yellow card for your 4 as it was a cynical bodycheck and the ref showed great composure and common sense late on when he could have made him walk for a high boot to eye when Cachia was through on goal. He explained all his decisions as we went along and was a breath of fresh air compared to some of the hitlers we've put up with this season

Do the course and help out then instead of moaning.

It's always the same reply when anyone has a go at the officials, take up the whistle yourself. As an ex-referee and having been involved in CCL for the last 6 seasons, the standard at present is AWFUL.

But i know there aren't enough refs around and I havent got any answers how to improve the situation BUT it is extemely frustrating. We had the legend in his own lifetime, Reuben Simon this afternoon. He is always happy to point out that he played for 10 years for Feltham when they were in the Ryman League !! Well he shows no idea of having learnt from the experience. We have a defender cautioned for taking out a player by using his shoulder, def a foul but never a yellow card, and yet just 5 minutes later one of their defenders rakes his studs down our strikers shin in a poor tackle and just gets a talking too !! Having been involved at Bookham the last two seasons Teffs will back me up, we were party to watching dire performances week in week out and it hasn't got any better. As said I havent got the answers but please, accept that there are a lot of officials out there who are not up to the job !!!

Agree Joke.

The Lineo on the Dugout side is the one I was refering to.

The Dismissal was for a hand raised ! And IU agree and even said to the player after the game it was daft to raise your hand.

You say he went in or Pearcy ... Is that the incident when Croydon #11 stopped running and the keeper caught the 11 and jumped up and statrted limping ?

Pretty much a 50 / 50 that was.++++that's the 1,#11 turned his back and left his foot,butyou have your view and I have mine.the #11 should have left the field in the 1st half for the tackle on the egham #2

Not quite as bad as the tackle that was in the second half when Smith was badly clattered and the ref ran away.

The ref could speak English and it was quite good.

I agree the standard is pretty awful.

Why do REFS say no swearing otherwise you'll be going for a walk when i see players time and time again tell REFS to F-OFF on TV, just getting too fussy these refs, the 3 we had yesterday well one of the linos was wearing a hat, the other lino lookied like he was about to run in the Olympics and the REF was more interested in swearing than the game.....UNREAL....one of our players got booked for turning his back in a tackle, two players got booked for nothing because the ref said it will stop them having any flare ups later in the game.........The REFS are nicking a few quid turning out then the robbing the players of money for F-ALL.

I can live with things that the REFS give in the game coz they cant see everything but some bookings and there attitudes are a joke.

As for that Reuben being the best REF you must be blind, he is a p***k, he is like a headmaster and wants everybody to call him sir.

nigel football is a game of opinions and reuben would agree with you he is the best. not an opinion shared by many. wants to be liked thinks he is cool but he is up his own a*** . kroons is right the players in this league are [****!!****], but once they find there level they play at it, the same cant be said of some of these officials, we all know who the good ones are, but by the same token we also know the bad ones. the sad thing is that they have become like doctors they dont see when a collegue has got it wrong. this just breeds as we dont learn from our mistakes. should we just be grateful for bad refs. and legend are you the poacher turned gamekeeper?.coffee%20%282%29.gif

Ahh the old Refs are a joke thread...thought it was about time it came around again.

Rubens ...not special thinks he is a bit of a geezer but really isn't. Can't control a game for 90 minutes and wants to be everybodies friend and thinks he is in with the so called better clubs when he knows and calls them by their first names.

Players....Too much backchat to refs and swearing...nonsence.. In my day the ref would have a running battle with some players and have a beer with them afterwards. I would add though it was never u flicking kent but the refs and players were a bit more with it. Has it all gone wrong because we want to be like our 150'000 pounds a week aldulterating, coke snorting heros who play football when they feel like it and laugh in the face of the working man.

Thoughts........

Weeble.

I get stick when I referee by people who cannot control a bouncing ball and who cannot shoot straight if given 45 minutes to try and can't pass to a player in the same colour shirt. I got grief from one of the benches yesterday for not awarding a penalty but then when their striker was clean through he managed to get his shot somewhere near the corner flag and the shout from his bench was "Unlucky" No not unlucky jusy cr*p.

The referee was slated at the Croydon game yesterday yet the people doing it are actually arguing on some of the decisions made.

Lets look at dissent. People say if refs clamped down on it then it wouldnt happen but I will guarantee if someone did it will be "Referee spoilt the game. More worried about this and that rather than people trying to injury people.

KROONER, PERHAPS YOU AND ANY OTHER CAN ASSIST.

ON THE SUBJECT OF REFEREE'S. I'M A GROUNDHOOPER WATCHING RYMANS FOR MANY-A-YEAR BUT CHANGED AND STARTED TO WATCH CCL MATCHES WHICH I'VE SEEN A LOT THIS SEASON. MY OPINION IS THAT IN GENERAL I DON'T THINK THE REF STANDARD IS NOT AS POOR AS PEOPLE SAY. YES THERE ARE PARTICULAR INSTANCES THAT REF'S MAY GET MATCH CHANGING DECISIONS WRONG, BUT THEY ARE ONLY HUMAN, JUST LIKE PLAYERS AND MANAGERS DON'T THEY MAKE MISTAKES ?.

I HAVE SAID THIS BEFORE, WOULD 'YOU' BE A REFEREE, ITS A TASKLESS 'HOBBY' REMEMBER THEY ARE NOT PROFESSIONALS, AND EVEN THEY ARE CLOWNED AS USELESS, SO THEY ARE IN A NO WIN SITUATION. HOW WOULD 'YOU' LIKE TO BE HECKLED, SHOUTED AND ABUSED AT FOR NEAR ON 90 MINS ? PERHAPS MANAGERS AND PLAYERS SHOULD LOOK AT THEMSELVES BEFORE HAVING A GO AT THE REFEREE ! LETS BE FAIR NOW,YOU GET ON THE REFEREE'S BACK AND THEN WONDER WHY DECISIONS DON'T GO YOUR WAY ?? - I'M NOT SAYING THAT THE CORRECT MANNER, IT JUST SEEMS THAT WAY. PLAYERS ARE ALWAYS READY TO MOAN AT EVERY REF'S DECISION, BUT HOW OFTEN DO PLAYERS COMMEND THE REF FOR A GOOD DECISION ? THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE THE NEXT GAME FOLKS, THEY DO THE JOB AT THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITY AND REMEMBER, THERE'S NO FOOTBALL WITHOUT REFEREE'S !!!

LISTEN, I'M NOT TAKING SIDES HERE, I'M JUST TRYING TO BE HONEST & LOGICAL. - SCENARIO, A PLAYER DOES A 'HOSPITAL' PASS TO HIS FELLOW PLAYER WHEREBY, THE OPPOSING PLAYER MAKES A CHALLENGE AND CATCHES THE PLAYER COMMITTING THE FOUL., IF THE 'HOSPITAL' PASS WAS A GOODUN, THE FOUL WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN PLACE AND GAME FLOWS ON.....THINK ABOUT THAT, IT STARTS WITH PLAYERS ABILITY TO PASS THE BALL !

ANYWAY, THE BEST REFEREE'S PERFORMANCE I'VE SEEN THIS SEASON WAS A WEST INDIAN CHAP WITH DREAD-LOCKS - I DON'T KNOW HIS NAME, CUE KROONER (OR ANYONE ELSE). THEY SAY A GOOD REF IS NEVER NOTICED, HE WASN'T. HE TOOK TIME OUT TO TALK AND HAVE A LAUGH WITH THE PLAYERS, HE WAS THE REF WHO PUBLICALLY HAD A GO AT FERGUSON ?

ONE THING I WOULD SAY ABOUT REFS, THEY SHOULD IMPROVE ON TALKING TO PLAYERS MORE AND EXPLAIN THEIR DECISION, I PERSONALLY THINK AN IMPROVEMENT IN THIS FIELD MAY MAKE FOR BETTER PLAYING AND VIEWING.

I have been watchingCCL for the last twenty years and am amazed that people in the dug out and spectators can see the game better than the referee and assistant referees. I sometimes wonder if these people know or even understand the laws of the game. I find the games in the ccl entertaining but it is strange when possibly the worst player on the park has a go at the referee because he has given the right decision. I would say that referees are like players and managers always likely to have a bad game.

Some refs dont have the personal skills or confidence to chat to players so they do not just as there are some players who cannot do that either or cannot help piling through the back of players week in and week out and shout when they get cautioned for it. As I have stated many times before the officials are used as easy excuses to blame them when something goes wrong so that their manager/bench do not shout at them. Take yesterday Wolves v Man U. Vokes misses a sitter after being left unmarked by the United defence. Who do the United defence bawl and shout at. The Assistant Referee who correctly did not flag Vokes offside because he fecking well wasnt offside. When the TV replay proved him correct I didnt see many go up to him and apologising . No far too [censored] busy avoiding all responssibility because it easier to blame someone else.

Yesterday in the game I did I had an incident when a ball was smashed against a players arm from about a yard. Howls for handball which I didnt give. Couple of the players from the side who benefitted said good decision ref. Almost identical thing happens minutes later but to other team. I get shouted at by the same players who minutes earlier had congratulated me on a correct decision.

Am I a good ref ? Probably not. Do I give honest decisions. Yes I do wether they are correct or not they are honest decisions based on what I see. I have 1 pair of fecking eyes and cannot see verything that goes on. If I make a mistake, which I am sure are plenty, and realise it do I apologise. Yes I do. Trying to think of the last time a player apologised to me after they had a go at me and I was correct. How often has a player come on here and blamed his team mates for defeats because they didnt mark the correct player or missed a fecking hatful of easy chances. Rarely. Because it is too easy to blame an official and not have the balls to admit their own shortfalls.

As usual, Kroons, you've made me :cheesy (2):

Yesterday was interesting. After the match, I was chatting to the asst who ran the club house side. (I know him well - He does Meadowbank alot), and I queried the amount of extra time at the end of the match. He just smiled and said, "Even I thought the refs watch had stopped !"

:discobanana:

Edited by Big J R

Excellent post Krooner, not just limited to football though is a society problem, too easy to blame someone else than take responsibility for own failings maybe on here it just gets magnified due to only factors that players can blame are pitch, themselves or officials. Officials are the easy target, pitch is same for both sides, players and managers wont take responsibility for mistakes.

To be fair the standards of refs are poor, we had a ref yesterday who looked like he just come from the salvation army!! were all teams trying to make it into semi-pro football and some desicions that are made are game changing!! some just are not up 2 scratch!!