Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 28/8

Whitstable Town 3 Croydon 0

310 mile round trip to see us lose 3-0. I must be insane! To be fair, it wasn't quite as 1 sided as the scoreline suggests. We more than matched our Ryman opponents possession wise, and played some neat football at times. However Whitstable were generally sharper, and took their chances, whilst we twice rounded their keeper and failed to finish on both occasions.

A number of new names I see .....

BTW I am back ...

Chertsey Town 2 v Chatham Town 1

Great result in the end for Chertsey and although probably a little biased I reckon overall Chertsey were the better team. At 11 v 11 we were definitely stronger and played much better football, with an obvious on target shot heading in being hand balled on the line which was a clear pen and an easy decision for the ref to red card the defender. Unfortunately O 'Regan missed the penalty but Chertsey still looked much stronger. Just before half time saw about the only attack Chatham made and they got themselves a goal against run of play. Second half and to be fair Chertsey didnt really make the extra man count enough, although still having mostof the play. A second penalty was given when Tommy as upended by the keeper and this time Baxter scored from the spot......just! Only one team was ever going to win and a strong header from a corner and that was it. Bring on the next round.

Edited by CTFCBOY

In truth it was a poor game with neither keeper rarely tested. Both sides hit the woodwork twice . Strangely lacking in passion for a derby. You had a couple of chances last 10 when we pushed forward but that was it. A largely forgettable game!

Did they? i only remember Knappers hitting the woodwork, when did Westfield hit thr woodwork or did i miss something?

Mercenary, you should have introduced yourself mate, what did you think of the hospitality, especially for the men in black?coffee%20(2).gif

South Park 4-0 Horsham YMCA

Great result ahead after a minute and lead doubled after 11 mins, Horsham threatened for the last 15 mins of 1st half but Park defended well. Came out second half expecting a fight back but it wasnt to be as it was the CCL side who continued to outplay the Ryman South opposition, helped by there shocking defence (who on that showing would struggle to get into most ccl div1 sides). Looking forward to Cray Wanderers at Bromley

Just trying to confirm the woodwork hit twice by going through the whole 90 mins on the dvd.....i will let you know when i find it!

The Binfield website claims that their 5-1 win over Camberley emphasized the "quality gulf" between the Hellenic Premier & the Combined Counties Premier. cheesy%20(2).gif

I watched for 60 minutes and would state that whilst Binfield deserved their win, they would struggle to make top 6 in Combined Counties. Camberley were dreadful at times mind you.

Watched Epsom beat one if the other better Hellenic sides Flackwell Heath yesterday and for a 3-2 Epsom were quite comfortable. Would say that the leagues were probably even standard wise, was very surprised when heard the Binfield result. Are Camberley much changed then from last year? I know manager left, have the players followed?

DORKING FC 0 - CHESSINGTON & HOOK 3.

Dorking succumbed to high flying Chessington + Hook on Saturday as the visitors proved just that bit too strong for the young Dorking side

Assistant manager Pete Buckland has stepped into the manager's role following the midweek game against Horley Town as Adrian Cox has requested time out to sort out some personal issues and Buckland was boosted by the return of David Thompson at centre back after his suffering a dislocated shoulder earlier in the season

Chessington fielded no less than six ex-Dorking players, including Dan Bennett, Aaron Leacock and Dan. Lawrence all of whom featured in the promotion winning Dorking side of two seasons ago.

Chessington have started the season very well, and this was another tough game in a tough run of matches for Dorking that has seen Chicks travel to Epsom + Ewell and Camberley and soon to travel to Chertsey and Molesey.

Chessington soon put pressure on the Dorking goal, but McBride in the Dorking goal was relatively untroubled until the visitors took the lead midway through the half, a hint of offside seeing Chessinton score from a free kick from a close range header after Chicks had failed to clear the ball. Chessington missed a good chance soon after, but otherwise once more Dorking defended fairly comfortably without ever really threatening at the other end.

Buckland pushed his side up into a more attacking formation at the beginning of the second period and Chessington were put under some pressure. The pivotal moment of the game came just before the hour mark. First Martin Waldren did well to chase down a through ball as the keeper advanced, the keeper spilling the ball at the feet of Waldren, whose rushed shot looked destined to go in, but which skimmed the outside of the post.

Immediately Chessington cleared, the ball being lost by Dorking in the middle of the pitch to ex Chick Dan Bennett. Bennett showed great skill to dribble into the box, round McBride and then score from close range. It was Bennett who made it 3-0 soon after, a stunning free kick giving McBride no chance. But as skillful as Gavin Quinton is, just as in his time at Dorking, Quinton showed a short fuse to lash out after being foulled soon after scoring his second goal.

The referee had no option but to send Quinton off, a shame given the performance he had shown till then, and Dorking had their best spell of the game in the remaining 20 minutes against Chessington's 10 men. Dorking should have reduced the arrears with good chances coming their way as they saw out the game strongly, but the goal would not come to send Dorking to their second 3-0 home defeat of the week

TEAM:- Mcbride, Suchy, Evans, Thompson, Reid, McCann, Oliver, Waldren, Fitzgibbon, Cox, Tyler (Capt,)

SUBSTITUTES:- Attree, Sawyers, Borgust, Maneh, Jeeves

Edited by Big J R

Watched Epsom beat one if the other better Hellenic sides Flackwell Heath yesterday and for a 3-2 Epsom were quite comfortable. Would say that the leagues were probably even standard wise, was very surprised when heard the Binfield result. Are Camberley much changed then from last year? I know manager left, have the players followed?

Camberley have 9 players on their books that last year were either at Cove or Badshot Lea. Several were not in action yesterday though and they struggled both defensively and in terms of creativity.

I'm sure it was just an off day though - from all reports I read they have been well organised in their League matches albeit their 3 wins have been against teams currently in bottom 6

Mercenary, you should have introduced yourself mate, what did you think of the hospitality, especially for the men in black?coffee%20(2).gif

Impressive, probably best I have seen so far in the CCFL. Quite something to have towels etc provided!

I think the attitude of the club officials though has particularly stood out for me recently. Positive and friendly which is the sort of thing we all went to be seeing. Of course, the game went well with no controversy and the home team won which is always going to contribute!

Cheers Duncs. It was a bit 2 footed but didnt wanna really dangle my foot in there and get hurt. He was a bit of a giant wasnt he?!

What do you think about Bonzo and Ash? Must be tough for Bonzo with the lack of loyalty and players there at the moment! I reckon another result like today and he'll pack it all in.

I hope not Johno as he's MR ASH, you don't get people like him now in football with that many years of loyalty with one club (that doesnt include you tho because we know hoe loyal you was with us as well). Im just hoping that the players stick together when everyone is fit & available but only time will tell. Just think we are being punished at the moment for lack of funds which other local sides have & certain ones showing us they have too.

However what ever happens Bonz has got several people that will back him no matter what

Egham Town 6-0 Ash utd Get in!!!!!!!!!!!

Well play Egham yesterday they fully deserved the win, however did think the scoreline flattered you abit. But will say three well taken goals in the final ten minutes especially the 5th. We didnt look anywhere near as good as we should, but i wont take anything away from Egham, but hopefully soon we will have some sort of team & we will start to compete again with team & gets some wins under our belts again

not a ccl team, but walton and hersham 3 bracknell 0. 1 down after 5 mins and last two came in last 10. Oh well, FA Cup done for another year.

Blurry pic of you in today's NLP, TC. Also mentioned you in dispatches as making 'several good saves'. I notice ex-Chick Will Jenkins scored the last 2 goals. Used to be a defender in his Dorking days!