Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Guernsey Thread

Last night was the best performance I have ever seen from a Guernsey side I thought I was watching Manchester United !

Silky smooth passing combined with ruthless finnishing it was amazing to watch. Also our crowd was brilliant, a great atmosphere.

The side is really starting to improve with every game we play.

I can't wait for the Knappers game.

Good luck to GFC GD but it all starts for real in a couple of weeks so don't get too carried away,Knaphill are a very good side with a very proffesional attitude no disrespect to the Bristol lads but if it was a youth team then thats a bit of a mismatch as I say good luck for the season and lets hope you get promoted it can only be good for Non league footy.

Thanks. The Bristol City side are a professional side so there attitude will be better than Knaphills.

I won't say any more I'll let the result against Knaphill speak for itself :smilewinkgrin:

oh my god if you seriously believe that then you will be pleasantly surprised it wont be men against boys when you play Knaphill.

Last night was the best performance I have ever seen from a Guernsey side I thought I was watching Manchester United !

Silky smooth passing combined with ruthless finnishing it was amazing to watch. Also our crowd was brilliant, a great atmosphere.

The side is really starting to improve with every game we play.

I can't wait for the Knappers game.

Good luck to GFC GD but it all starts for real in a couple of weeks so don't get too carried away,Knaphill are a very good side with a very proffesional attitude no disrespect to the Bristol lads but if it was a youth team then thats a bit of a mismatch as I say good luck for the season and lets hope you get promoted it can only be good for Non league footy.

Thanks. The Bristol City side are a professional side so there attitude will be better than Knaphills.

I won't say any more I'll let the result against Knaphill speak for itself :smilewinkgrin:

oh my god if you seriously believe that then you will be pleasantly surprised it wont be men against boys when you play Knaphill.

bloody ell you can't say owt on here without your head being bitten off ! lol

Just a matter of interest when are the team travelling for the Horley game??

I'm guessing Wednesday morning back Thursday morning but don't hold me to that.

Edited by Trebor

Said it once and will say it again. Dont underestimate division 1. The top 8 or 9 sides would hold their own in the CCL premier. Think Guernsey would have been better with friendlys over here against step 5 or 6 opposition. These attractive friendlys at home may well hold a financial benefits but they also give false results against the big names. Will be at horley wednesday to see what all the fuss is about!

Said it once and will say it again. Dont underestimate division 1. The top 8 or 9 sides would hold their own in the CCL premier. Think Guernsey would have been better with friendlys over here against step 5 or 6 opposition. These attractive friendlys at home may well hold a financial benefits but they also give false results against the big names. Will be at horley wednesday to see what all the fuss is about!

See u there mate......

I think we are in a no win situation really if we sneak a 1-0 win we will be called cr*p and if we lose we will be called cr*p

So we will need to beat Horley 10-0 to get some respect lol !

Theres going to be a whole host of people saying I told you so if we lose or don't win easy.

Edited by Guernsey Donkey

Will you be coming over with your Dad,only £53.50p Return.

As I said in another thread I'm a sole earner with a young family and in debt ! so unfortunatley I can't make this game or many ( if any ) away games :frown:

£53.50 is a lot of money to me a weeks food so that has to be my priority.

Its only a minority of people in Guernsey are rich. The vast Majority of us find living in a rich mans Island extremley difficult financially.

Of course in a perfect world I would come to every away game as I'm very excited about Guernsey being in the C.C.L.

At least I have my home season ticket so I will be at every home game dance%20(2).gif

I think we are in a no win situation really if we sneak a 1-0 win we will be called cr*p and if we lose we will be called cr*p

Theres going to be a whole host of people saying I told you so if we lose or don't win easy.

Donkey I personally dont think its a case of told you so far from it. Football people who use this forum realise what a massive task it is to get promotion from this division. Guernsey are up against it the most as they are coming in to the unkown. My comments about Guernsey have never been negative but one of realisation. You cant under estimate this division. TEAMS in this division are more than capable of beating each other. My comments regarding your friendlys was simply that you have not played teams in or around this level as yet and that cant be healthy with the season a fortnight away.

From a personal point of view I wish Guernsey all the very best in the division if they do get promotion it will at least be a side who can go up that willl take a promotion place.

Guernsey forumites have to stop thinking we are all against them the people who use this forum are all very supportive of sides who want to progress and many would hope you get promotion.

Look forwars to seeing Guernsy play Wednesday night then I can give an honest opinion of what I believe their chances will be for this coming season.

Donkey I personally dont think its a case of told you so far from it. Football people who use this forum realise what a massive task it is to get promotion from this division. Guernsey are up against it the most as they are coming in to the unkown. My comments about Guernsey have never been negative but one of realisation. You cant under estimate this division. TEAMS in this division are more than capable of beating each other. My comments regarding your friendlys was simply that you have not played teams in or around this level as yet and that cant be healthy with the season a fortnight away.

From a personal point of view I wish Guernsey all the very best in the division if they do get promotion it will at least be a side who can go up that willl take a promotion place.

Guernsey forumites have to stop thinking we are all against them the people who use this forum are all very supportive of sides who want to progress and many would hope you get promotion.

Look forwars to seeing Guernsy play Wednesday night then I can give an honest opinion of what I believe their chances will be for this coming season.

Thanks for the reply. I hope we play as well as we have done in our last 2 games and show you what we can do lol !

Guersey will win the league this year. a team half filled with step 4 equivalent players and others with higher league experience will win the league at a canter. all this stuff about them struggling in a tough division is cobblers.

• 2 weeks later...