Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Westfield F.C. v Guernsey F.C. Tuesday 20th September 7.30pm

Smudge

An opinion on tonight's game? Guernsey have been playing some great football home and away. Although people have been saying some nice things about what level we could play at we haven't really outclassed anyone in this league, despite the results. (think MU vs Chelsea this weekend).

You mean you score offisde goals and deflected goals and the opponents have four times as many shots? ;)

Who said its the FA's fault? International clearance is not always a simple matter. Two national FA's involved and also his current and previous club. It's not alway easy dealing with smaller clubs onnthe other side of the world.

Edited by Guernsey

Insomnia and gossip has brought me here. Most of Guernsey is murmuring about the infamous Smudge who has dared to 'say some not nice things' about the beloved Lions. How dare anyone.

Actually what I find is a great forum with some interesting posts. Sure some of them a little OTT but you don't get a reaction worth following otherwise. It'll take a while to work out who really knows what they are talking about.

An opinion on tonight's game? Guernsey have been playing some great football home and away. Although people have been saying some nice things about what level we could play at we haven't really outclassed anyone in this league, despite the results. (think MU vs Chelsea this weekend).

Westfield are obviously a good side and I would expect tonight to be a great game of football. I hope we win, but I won't be surprised if we don't. Looking at the early form I would expect Westfield, Bedfont and maybe Spelthorne to take us close especially at their patch.

Hartley outplayed us 1st half on their pitch and contrary to other opinions we will struggle to play on tough surfaces which will get tougher as the season continues. No disrespect to Hartley is meant. The village and club facilities were great and we appreciated great hospitality, but even their staunchest fan would admit the pitch there is a little undulating. We are lucky to have good playing surfaces in Guernsey and all 7 clubs have good facilities.

Most Guernsey fans are just grateful for this opportunity. All the clubs I have visited have been welcoming and I hope fans and players alike have conducted themselves appropriately. The only issue I have encountered was a 7 yr old ball boy at Horley who apparently 'hated' Guernsey.

I can understand why people want to 'take us down', especially with some of the arrogant and disrespectful things that have been posted (even in jest - GD you are entitled to your opinion mate but you aren't making it easy for we who travel away). But I also think it's unfair to tar us with the same brush as Crawley or Truro. None of our players have been purchased nor are they paid. In fact all have paid to play.

I hope tonight is a great game and may the best team win. Whoever does I hope they do so magnanimously and we can share a beer and a burger afterwards. It certainly looks a great facility that puts Footes Lane in it's place. We might have 1000 seats but our facilities are woeful when compared to places like this.

See you tonight, and the rest of you Saturday.

TRS you going to watch and film the game tonight ? I ask 'cos I want to go but I may have a problem, so hoping to see the game either way, but really wanna go 'cos of new ground, pitch and facilities and to see certain Guernsey's players again, plus I need to see someone from Guernsey, so I am really hopeful of being in attendance tonight.