Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

RUMOURS

Thought this would be a discussion about Fleetwood Mac for some reason... ;)

Wembley to Spartan Midlands sounds interesting, would that mean Hanwell Town going to the CCLP?

Rumours here are that the Hellenic has had its day, with Western-most sides piling in to the Western League and possibly both the Western Premier and Division 1 could have over 22 teams each in 2013/14. Eastern-most sides would go to either the Spartan or Combined Counties, possibly with the Wessex League boundary creeping north of Warminster to take any overspill from the Western League.

Can't really have much sympathy for the Hellenic which has had a poor standard of football for a long time - the Midland Alliance and Western League teams, from watching them, have a far greater standard for Steps 5-6.

Edited by AK11

Also heard that Bridgend Town and Barry Town are considering moving to the Western in the near future from the Welsh Leagues, and that Forest Green Rovers midfielder Curtis McDonald could be moving down to the Kingfield Stadium.

Edited by AK11

Thought this would be a discussion about Fleetwood Mac for some reason... ;)

Wembley to Spartan Midlands sounds interesting, would that mean Hanwell Town going to the CCLP?

Rumours here are that the Hellenic has had its day, with Western-most sides piling in to the Western League and possibly both the Western Premier and Division 1 could have over 22 teams each in 2013/14. Eastern-most sides would go to either the Spartan or Combined Counties, possibly with the Wessex League boundary creeping north of Warminster to take any overspill from the Western League.

Can't really have much sympathy for the Hellenic which has had a poor standard of football for a long time - the Midland Alliance and Western League teams, from watching them, have a far greater standard for Steps 5-6.

Hanwell relegated

Ah, so maybe not Hanwell then :P

Is there a vacancy for Wembley in the Spartan? I think it's currently full (22 teams), so unless maybe the two Aylesbury clubs finally get their act together and merge then I can't see how Wembley could move over unless a team in the Spartan wishes to swap leagues.

Is it true that Sheerwater will be reprieved, if they finish bottom, due to Bookham leaving the league at the end of the season and also that CCL1 will run with 20 teams next season with Epsom Athletic and the new Croydon Athletic side coming in?

Ah, so maybe not Hanwell then :P

Is there a vacancy for Wembley in the Spartan? I think it's currently full (22 teams), so unless maybe the two Aylesbury clubs finally get their act together and merge then I can't see how Wembley could move over unless a team in the Spartan wishes to swap leagues.

Is it true that Sheerwater will be reprieved, if they finish bottom, due to Bookham leaving the league at the end of the season and also that CCL1 will run with 20 teams next season with Epsom Athletic (at Chessington & Hook) and the new AFC Croydon Athletic (at Croydon Arena) side coming in?

Both these sides have applied to join the CCL (common knowledge) plus two others who I have been asked not to name yet.

Ak11 can't believe you think Hellenic is a poor standard of football!

I think the ccl is the best league entertainment wise with any team being able to beat any other team hence the tight league table and no one with less than 30 points. But standard of players and teams past midway in respective tables would have to say think Hellenic and sparten leagues are both stronger in general.

Have seen at least 10 games from both of these leagues this season and have been generally impressed with standard, players and might add playing surfaces!

Just another opinion!

I think the ccl is the best league entertainment wise with any team being able to beat any other team hence the tight league table and no one with less than 30 points. But standard of players and teams past midway in respective tables would have to say think Hellenic and sparten leagues are both stronger in general.

Have seen at least 10 games from both of these leagues this season and have been generally impressed with standard, players and might add playing surfaces!

Just another opinion!

I also heard that NG wont be telling a load of BS next season and will win the prediction league

Just another opinion!

I also heard that NG wont be telling a load of BS next season and will win the prediction league

Whats Bus Station got to do with it ?..... ;)

Gotta be in it to win it.....so there's no chance of Dunc the Unc winning it eh........ :lol: Listen, cos its too difficult for Uncle Fester I will take time out during the close season and show you how to do it...... ;) ah bless....!

Listen to me sunshine in the closed season go and get a personality transplant and change your name and come on hear as somebody that can be taken seriously and not hide behind the fact that you are a failed manager and a failed player who is to ashamed to reveal who you are,how is Dev.

Interesting conversation after the game with Ken, apparently Cobham have had a lot of interest in the vacant management position, including a local ex Ryman Premier division manager.

Ken also confirmed that there will be a substantial playing budget available for the new man, as they are looking at a big push towards promotion to the Premier Division next season.

Just another opinion!

I'd say the CCL is one of the friendliest leagues at Step 5, and yes it is very open.

However, having watched a number of teams in the Hellenic (Lydney, Shortwood, Winterbourne, Trowbridge - once) I have to genuinely say I was less than impressed with what I saw. I agree with the point about the playing surfaces, except for at Trowbridge and Letcombe which were more like a mud wrestling arena.

Conversely, the Midland Alliance I found very entertaining but not many of the clubs had the warmth and friendliness as at the clubs in the CCL. Then again, it is just opinions :).

So with Bookham gone, and four new teams (potentially), that would give CCL1 21 teams next season? Would the league management be tempted to add another side to bulk the league up to 22, or is 21 enough?

Interesting conversation after the game with Ken, apparently Cobham have had a lot of interest in the vacant management position, including a local ex Ryman Premier division manager.

Ken also confirmed that there will be a substantial playing budget available for the new man, as they are looking at a big push towards promotion to the Premier Division next season.

Heard different Briggs ......... ;) !