Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

RUMOURS

LITTLE SHORT CHAP.LOADS OF HAIR?

"Mirror, mirror on the wall....." Eh, Smudgey ???

:bolt:

Not really related to the CCL, but a rumour here is that if Brackley Town and Lowestoft Town get promoted to Step 2 Gloucester City and Bishops Stortford will revert to playing in the Blue Square South next season.

Brackley will not allowed to be in the Blue Square South, whilst there are two sides further south playing in the North.

Also, Darlington likely to restart in the Northern Premier (taking the place of Northwich Victoria, who in turn may restart in the North West Counties Division 1) and I have heard that Kettering Town may well fold altogether and form a new club ground-sharing with Burton Park Wanderers in the United Counties League for two seasons (or until they can get a new ground built). Nene Park owner Keith Cousins is looking to get new tenants though - two of which may be a brand new Football Club and a Rugby League side. He does not want an empty stadium week in week out.

Interesting conversation after the game with Ken, apparently Cobham have had a lot of interest in the vacant management position, including a local ex Ryman Premier division manager.

Ken also confirmed that there will be a substantial playing budget available for the new man, as they are looking at a big push towards promotion to the Premier Division next season.

Heard different Briggs ......... ;) !

C'mon NG,No you havent! Your just fishing as usual!!

Its the end of the season,let it go,son,let it go......

Unless youve been interviewed for the post?

Youve actually applied for the job!!!!

There might be weight in that,youve applied so Ive heard....... ;) !

Interesting conversation after the game with Ken, apparently Cobham have had a lot of interest in the vacant management position, including a local ex Ryman Premier division manager.

Ken also confirmed that there will be a substantial playing budget available for the new man, as they are looking at a big push towards promotion to the Premier Division next season.

Heard different Briggs ......... ;) !

C'mon NG,No you havent! Your just fishing as usual!!

Its the end of the season,let it go,son,let it go......

Unless youve been interviewed for the post?

Youve actually applied for the job!!!!

There might be weight in that,youve applied so Ive heard....... ;) !

;) !!!

No you haven't heard Ruf............. :rolleyes: !

I was helping Mr Reed with some technical difficulties that he was experiencing on his computer and can in fact confirm that he has received several applications for the first team managers job, some of them very surprising as they seem to be coming down a few levels. Others I can confirm are posters on this very forum.

With regards to next seasons budget, I have heard rumours but cannot support them so will not say unlike others.

I do however believe that no matter what the budget or the manager, they will be in a strong position next season due to the very strong back room staff that he is building.

I for one wish them all the best and hope that they get promotion.

I was helping Mr Reed with some technical difficulties that he was experiencing on his computer and can in fact confirm that he has received several applications for the first team managers job, some of them very surprising as they seem to be coming down a few levels. Others I can confirm are posters on this very forum.

With regards to next seasons budget, I have heard rumours but cannot support them so will not say unlike others.

I do however believe that no matter what the budget or the manager, they will be in a strong position next season due to the very strong back room staff that he is building.

I for one wish them all the best and hope that they get promotion.

I heard something similar at the start of this season about a big budget and them being one of the sides to beat let's just wait and see when next season comes

From what I have heard,Banstead will probably be the First,to advertise for a New Manager.Many broken promises regarding Finances to the current Manager,have left a sour taste in peoples mouths.Dave Tidy deserves better than that,a thoroughly decent Guy.

Interesting !...... Banstead budget has always been decent for CCL level, but when talking finances and broken promises, will the highly debated 3G pitches go ahead or were they waiting for the Rangers £250,000.00 windfall which mysteriously has gone missing ? With Banstead's budget you can certainly say they have underachieved this season, with may I add some good players, but with the vast amount of players used and no continuity its not surprising. Its a c'est la vie with Badshot Lea..... when will clubs learn.

Banstead look like being in Div.1 next season and IF they keep the same budget (which is doubtful) they should do well BUT will most of the current players play in Div. 1 ?......NO ! maybe the recent arrivals from Cobham may stay, but doubt Dave Tidy will ?

Spoke to Dave this evening and apparently he wants to stay on and so does Leigh. However the chairman needs to play ball and stop messing him around. In regards to the budget, if the club does go down which looks likely i think he needs to keep some there in order to get back in the prem. Having played in Div1 i know how hard it is to get out of! Not sure if that will happen though.

Massive one coming out as soon as the prem league finished....

Yeah I know as well Weebs.....think it will be a shock.... but then again maybe not ;) !!!

I would imagine there will be lots of applicants......... :o !

Edited by NICE GUY

Yeah I know as well Weebs.....think it will be a shock.... but then again maybe not ;) !!!

Yes Its true!! Mancini will be sacked!!! Get your apps in now!!! :P

Ak11 can't believe you think Hellenic is a poor standard of football!

I think the ccl is the best league entertainment wise with any team being able to beat any other team hence the tight league table and no one with less than 30 points. But standard of players and teams past midway in respective tables would have to say think Hellenic and sparten leagues are both stronger in general.

Have seen at least 10 games from both of these leagues this season and have been generally impressed with standard, players and might add playing surfaces!

Just another opinion!

I'd say the CCL is one of the friendliest leagues at Step 5, and yes it is very open.

However, having watched a number of teams in the Hellenic (Lydney, Shortwood, Winterbourne, Trowbridge - once) I have to genuinely say I was less than impressed with what I saw. I agree with the point about the playing surfaces, except for at Trowbridge and Letcombe which were more like a mud wrestling arena.

Conversely, the Midland Alliance I found very entertaining but not many of the clubs had the warmth and friendliness as at the clubs in the CCL. Then again, it is just opinions :).

So with Bookham gone, and four new teams (potentially), that would give CCL1 21 teams next season? Would the league management be tempted to add another side to bulk the league up to 22, or is 21 enough?

Are Bookham actually gone? Confirmed? Looking for ressies manager?

Its already been filled........

Its already been filled........

Premeditated....? I thought it was still Hush, Hush...........