Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

RUMOURS

Ak11 can't believe you think Hellenic is a poor standard of football!

I think the ccl is the best league entertainment wise with any team being able to beat any other team hence the tight league table and no one with less than 30 points. But standard of players and teams past midway in respective tables would have to say think Hellenic and sparten leagues are both stronger in general.

Have seen at least 10 games from both of these leagues this season and have been generally impressed with standard, players and might add playing surfaces!

Just another opinion!

I'd say the CCL is one of the friendliest leagues at Step 5, and yes it is very open.

However, having watched a number of teams in the Hellenic (Lydney, Shortwood, Winterbourne, Trowbridge - once) I have to genuinely say I was less than impressed with what I saw. I agree with the point about the playing surfaces, except for at Trowbridge and Letcombe which were more like a mud wrestling arena.

Conversely, the Midland Alliance I found very entertaining but not many of the clubs had the warmth and friendliness as at the clubs in the CCL. Then again, it is just opinions :).

So with Bookham gone, and four new teams (potentially), that would give CCL1 21 teams next season? Would the league management be tempted to add another side to bulk the league up to 22, or is 21 enough?

Are Bookham actually gone? Confirmed? Looking for ressies manager ?

Suggest you wait until their last game. I'm sure Bookham Committee will make an announcement.

Nice Guy,you ok,the first sign of madness is talking to yourself.

that's cos no one else will listen to him, Smudge

LOL!!!!!

E&E and Smudgeyboy haven't got a good bone in their bodies..........!

Stop nicking my material N.G.You heard it here first folks LOL

Nice Guy,you ok,the first sign of madness is talking to yourself.

that's cos no one else will listen to him, Smudge

LOL!!!!!

E&E and Smudgeyboy haven't got a good bone in their bodies..........!

Stop nicking my material N.G.You heard it here first folks LOL

Not nice is it Smudgeyboy..........hereth learn the lesson .......LOL !!!

I have heard that the WP management of the 1st team will be stepping down at the end of the season (Saturday against Staines will be their last game) due to work and family commitments.

A shame as the guys are great and give just as much as the players. No strong favourites from within the club to take over so someone may have to come in.

'20 Apr 2012 08:47:59

Non League News:

Combined Counties Division 1 will have the following new teams next season:

AFC Croydon Athletic, Southall, Old Farnboroughians, Epsom Athletic and AFC Bedfont Town.

Means that Didcot Town will switch to Southern League D1 Central as Merthyr Town are definitely in Southern League D1 West next season regardless of Westfields winning the Midland Alliance (they too will go into the Southern League D1 West).

Bookham are going to the Surrey Elite League, thereby reprieving Sheerwater.'

Above taken from Football Rumours - so treat with a pinch of salt! Not too sure if Bedfont Town are going to fold and reform two leagues below where they are now - I know that a poster on NLM said that the future of Bedfont Town isn't yet sorted, but I think it's a bit premature to say Bedfont Town will reform in CCL1 as AFC Bedfont Town just at the moment.

I understand that there may be another mangerial depature very soon from a very high placed club in the CCL Premier Division.

Oh and also I have just heard that Fleet Spurs are going to ......

Sorry NLN couldnt resist.

Interesting Kroons, can't see Guildford, Egham or Hanworth Villa changing. Leaves Windsor and Molesey?????

SF depends what is classified as ''a very high placed club'' in the CCL Premier.....Top 3 ?

Windsor with their massive budget have under-achieved winning nothing, so will the Chairman/committee give Scott another season ?......but then again Bennett the Egham Chairman is known to hire and fire at will....... ;) !!!

Rumour being spread the other night at Egham was a change of manager at Molesey, as he was resigning. Interestingly, I found this out last night when we trained at the club in preparation for our last game - of this season - at Guildford. Truth is, once the actual season ends, so the fantasy season starts!

Can,t say i,ve heard that round Egham Hammer As for you nice guy i think i speak for most on this site DO ONE YOU MUG !!!!!

Can,t say i,ve heard that round Egham Hammer As for you nice guy i think i speak for most on this site DO ONE YOU MUG !!!!!

Again, yet another poster who doesn't like the truth and fact, Are you actually denying that it is well documented that your chairman Bennett and club Egham do not hire and fire managers at will ? I'm trying to find how many managers Egham have had in the last 20 years, perhaps Tempest can inform us, I think you will find the answer quite amazing...... sometimes Egg&Ham you really have to take those rose tinted glasses off and smell the coffee............ ;) !

Gresley won the Midland Alliance, so therefore I guess the rumour about Westfields up regardless was false.

IF Bedfont do reform at Step 6, Bookham go to Step 7, and AFC Croydon Athletic, Southall, Epsom Athletic and Fleet Spurs join CCL1 (have also heard Rayners Lane could switch) then we could be looking at a 22- strong league next season:

AFC Croydon

Banstead Athletic

CB Hounslow

Cobham

Colliers Wood United

Epsom Athletic

Eversley

Farleigh Rovers

Feltham

Fleet Spurs?

Frimley Green

Knaphill