Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Games 17 Apr 12

Ace1

Good to get three goals back against Molesey, whose bench gets ever more excitable, howling like banshees with their balls in a blender at every perceived slight. Three good goals, after 10 minutes, the 54th minute of the first half (slight lighting blip) and 90=4 from Dale Marvell, Brendan Matthew and Matt Grave.

Good to get three goals back against Molesey, whose bench gets ever more excitable, howling like banshees with their balls in a blender at every perceived slight. Three good goals, after 10 minutes, the 54th minute of the first half (slight lighting blip) and 90=4 from Dale Marvell, Brendan Matthew and Matt Grave.

Um, apologies - banshees are female. How about "banshees with their bits in a blender"?

Um, apologies - banshees are female. How about "banshees with their bits in a blender"?

I have to admit TW you are a ''Winner Post '' I see you never comment on games when Egham LOSE like your last 3 before your result last night !

I was thinking of going to watch last night but decided to go to The Ranch...left rather late :D !!!..... So TW was it a 3-0 clean cut victory ?

Don't make your team and management snowy white angels.........please! I've seen it for my own eyes this season. Oh those rose tinted glasses ............. B) !!!

The little fella from Molesey is very excitable.

The Egham assistant too, although in a worse way than most, always being wronged and after an argument, very Sunday morning football.

The Guildford and Camberley benches are well documented.

Ash too very excitable and argumentative.

Raynes Park one of the better from what I have seen, quite calm and have a bit of chat with becoming confrontational.

The little fella from Molesey is very excitable.

The Egham assistant too, although in a worse way than most, always being wronged and after an argument, very Sunday morning football.

The Guildford and Camberley benches are well documented.

Ash too very excitable and argumentative.

Raynes Park one of the better from what I have seen, quite calm and have a bit of chat with becoming confrontational.

Sounds like something from 'Wind in Willows' !

'Mol(s)ey, Ratty and Toad !

(...dons a tin-hat !!)

Edited by Big J R

I have to admit TW you are a ''Winner Post '' I see you never comment on games when Egham LOSE like your last 3 before your result last night !

I was thinking of going to watch last night but decided to go to The Ranch...left rather late :D !!!..... So TW was it a 3-0 clean cut victory ?

Don't make your team and management snowy white angels.........please! I've seen it for my own eyes this season. Oh those rose tinted glasses ............. B) !!!

The last few times I have been to Egham, the owners do the trick of each standing on 1 side of the ground berating the referee at every opportunity. Does this still occur?

To be honest, I am as bad at times as you can hear from anyone else at our ground. Molesey just seemed to be particularly animated on Tuesday. Perhaps they had expected to beat us again after we were so crap at their place, unlike our performance earlier in the season when, much to our surprise, we had an easy ride in the Cup, once they had finished creating and missing sitters. They missed a sitter on Tuesday as well, after 8 minutes, and we took full advantage of Wester Young's inability to hold onto any shot driven straight at him. He dropped a Jamie Houghton shot in our 1-3 loss at their place, which let Brendan Matthew score, and after Houghton did it again on Tuesday he dropped it for Dale Marvell to score, and then made the same error in second half injury time off a Matt Grave shot, which Matt converted to make it 3-0. The fouls Molesey were screaming about were fouls, for sure, but not the heinous crimes against humanity they seemed to think they were. Our bench is very quiet, especially in comparison with Steve Baker. John Hamsher is taciturn, and Wayne Noad shouts only occasionally, such as when the opposition bench act like muppets.

I thought I would answer a couple of points raised from Tuesday. Question as to whether or not Egham were worthy winners on the night - the answer is yes. We had an early chance but our youth team lad could not get over the ball and his header went a few feet wide. Egham pretty much bossed the next 30 minutes and to be fair were as good as anyone we have played in midfield and looked lively. They took the lead when a decent effort was saved by our keeper but he could not get it away from danger and Dale smashed home the rebound. I am not quite sure why TW seems to have a particular problem with our keeper, as he has kept more clean sheets than virtually every other keeper in the CCL this season, but it does seem a bit random. Anyway, the momentum switched a bit later in the half when their 11 - who had tormented our left back from the outset - fouled him in front of our dugout and for some reason the two of them confronted each other. We then saw what is the most blatant piece of cheating that I have seen since we came into the CCL when he suddenly clutched his face and threw himself to the floor, which certainly did receive some animated views from the dugout, the crowd and little support from his team-mates. The officials also saw the correct view of this and subsequently booked him and the game continued. For some reason he then moved to the left side and it was either a tactical decision or he perhaps wanted to avoid retribution. The truth is that my lad had got nowhere near him up until then so it seems unlikely that this would have happened. We did get some sort of foothold after then and were disappointed to concede right on the stroke of half time when poor defending let Dale in behind us and his drilled cross was converted by their young black striker - who impressed me all night with everything he did. However, the way the first half had gone I must say that a 2-0 deficit was acceptable.

Now, when we beat Egham the other day it appears they were crap - according to TW. They actually played quite well early on and missed their own sitter at 0-0, then we proceeded to take the chances we got and went into a 3-0 lead which ultimately made the game safe. We have a good side and play some nice football, but our passing was poor on Tuesday, so I could say we were crap. The truth is that the opposition forced this with the way they set themselves up and I would rather commend them than fall back on the old "we never turned up" rubbish. Both sides used the excellent pitch and tried to play football, but on the night they certainly dominated proceedings in the first half.

The second half was a different proposition and we pretty much had the majority of play. Borg made his customary couple of great saves and we ought to have pulled one back when he could only parry an effort to one of our lads who rushed his effort and put it wide. Funnily enough even good keepers can sometimes struggle to deal with certain shots and are in the lap of the gods with how things turn out. Egham were always a threat however, as we were clearly chasing the game.

One more incident soured the night when our 11, who had influenced much of the second half, was subject to a shocking tackle by an Egham lad and we certainly reacted to that - it really was a bad one and funnily enough came within a minute of me being aware of dialogue between Noad and another player about the problems he was causing. However, knowing the player who committed the foul there is no way it would have been premeditated and Luke was very apologetic after the game. The referee booked him and our lad was able to play on, so I am glad that a red was not shown - as it could have been - because it was certainly out of character for him.

So, two incidents I can recall that we reacted to and in both cases I feel a certain justification. One was cheating, the other reckless.

I agree that John is a quiet and thoughtful manager and I have been impressed with him over the 3 games we have had. Unfortunately, we didn't get to have a chat after the game, and I wouldn't even waste my time talking to Noad. I did speak with Steve Bennett and we had a sensible chat about things in general. We also spent quite some time in the Egham bar and left about 11.30, in my case talking about some of the old times with Jimmy and the lads and pretty much putting the world to rights.

It wasn't a bad game to be fair, I thought the officials were pretty good and very approachable, and I always enjoy going back to Egham as I have great memories of the club and learnt a great deal from various managers - John Hourd in particular - so win, lose or draw I always manage to get something positive from my visits.

And, yes, the family do ensure there is some representation in most areas around the ground, but they have put their hearts and souls into the club over many years and, despite some differences of opinion in the past, I do have the utmost respect for all of them.

Work problems have meant that my time in football has been curtailed for some time and I rarely post now - probably why I have utilise this time tonight - so I will leave these thoughts with you to digest.

But, as one manager was happy to tell me - "I am not saying that I am always right - I'm just never wrong"

Two games to go - 6 points available - end of season do after the Guildford game - then chill out time for a while.

Management changes?? - watch this space.

West Ham still to go up??

Goodnight.

Hammer69, I have replied to you personally. Cheers, Mark.

Why personally TW something to hide from us ;) ?? Hammer has openly commented on your post, so why can't you do the same ?

Maybe because they have a bit of dignity and discuss any difference of opinions away from others rather than the usual self attention seeking sh!t stirrers that have ruined this forum at times this season ?

Just a thought......