Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cameron comes under fire!

But what do figures and statistics really mean at the end of the day, who really takes any notice of them or gives a damn. As for Missunderstood's valid question, I'm not really that fussed about not getting a pay rise for years, it's not all about money and working for the Civil Service is a privilege, Queen and Country and all that!

I 'loved' the 'Autumn Statement' for one reason only

It consigned the tories into almost total oblivion as far as the voting working man is concerned.

UKIP must be revelling in it.

Edited by Big J R

No I don't  -   I'm just abslutely sick and tired of the three major parties, (well -  two and a half parties), doing eactly fk/all apart for us in Britain from pandering to their European Masters !!

Personally, I believe that UKIP will get mostly wiped out at the next General Election. Won't be a protest vote anymore.

There is a valid point about lack of choice though, there really isn't between the main political parties and that is worrying for the future of this country.

Nobody has grasped the nettle,why this Country is in the Mire,and things can only get worse.Lets say over the past 4 years the economy has flatlined,which is no mean feat.However there are now nearly more than 1,000,000 people living in this small island,than there was in 2010,thanks to uncontrolled immigration.So the pot is the same,unfortunately 1,000,000 more people are entitled to a share.This is why House/Rent Prices have rocketed,people need somewher to live,the NHS cannot cope,nearly at breaking point,Schools bursting at the seams,many educated in portacabins.Sad to say we will become a 3rd World Country within the next 20 years,glad I will not be alive to see it.

I'm sure that's what UKIP and the Daily Mail would want us to believe - the truth is however that immigration generates a net positive income for the country http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24813467

Yes, there's a problem with people who have no intention to work trying to come over here and claim benefits but that will be a minority of people coming over.

Successive governments have underinvested in new housing forcing people to rent - this has meant that speculators have bought up houses with a view to renting out knowing they will get a better return than the current interest rates. This started with Thatcher allowing people to buy their own council homes - even Nigel Lawson (the chancellor at the time) now admits that was a mistake.

Unfortunately, the problem tends to be an ageing population in this country. We need to look at how we can sustain the older generation and if possible help them to help themselves (I don't mean what we do currently and ignore them to an extent). We need to look at maybe how Sweden deals with this as they seem to do well at that sort of thing.

I'm sure that's what UKIP and the Daily Mail would want us to believe - the truth is however that immigration generates a net positive income for the country http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24813467

Yes, there's a problem with people who have no intention to work trying to come over here and claim benefits but that will be a minority of people coming over.

Successive governments have underinvested in new housing forcing people to rent - this has meant that speculators have bought up houses with a view to renting out knowing they will get a better return than the current interest rates. This started with Thatcher allowing people to buy their own council homes - even Nigel Lawson (the chancellor at the time) now admits that was a mistake.

Unfortunately, the problem tends to be an ageing population in this country. We need to look at how we can sustain the older generation and if possible help them to help themselves (I don't mean what we do currently and ignore them to an extent). We need to look at maybe how Sweden deals with this as they seem to do well at that sort of thing.

IMO a far bigger problem than immigration is foreign investors (speculators) from Asia who are forcing property prices and rents to unaffordable levels, and taking profits away from the UK With regard to older people, while we have paid for our comfortable retirement, I can understand the resentment that the younger generation feel towards us. 

Nobody has grasped the nettle,why this Country is in the Mire,and things can only get worse.Lets say over the past 4 years the economy has flatlined,which is no mean feat.However there are now nearly more than 1,000,000 people living in this small island,than there was in 2010,thanks to uncontrolled immigration.So the pot is the same,unfortunately 1,000,000 more people are entitled to a share.This is why House/Rent Prices have rocketed,people need somewher to live,the NHS cannot cope,nearly at breaking point,Schools bursting at the seams,many educated in portacabins.Sad to say we will become a 3rd World Country within the next 20 years,glad I will not be alive to see it.

Thank you Peter !!

I don't think I could have put it any better myself.

Thank you Peter !!

I don't think I could have put it any better myself.

Get back in your corners!

Get back in your corners!

I think you'll find that we're too old to box, and we certainly wouldn't pass a medical board inspection !!

IMO a far bigger problem than immigration is foreign investors (speculators) from Asia who are forcing property prices and rents to unaffordable levels, and taking profits away from the UK With regard to older people, while we have paid for our comfortable retirement, I can understand the resentment that the younger generation feel towards us. 

If you retire then apparently you're a burden (even if you've saved for retirement)  - If you work when you are of retirement age then apparently you're stealing jobs from the young (despite the skills and experience you offer)

Not really fair on people have contributed to society all their lives and have earned the right to take a break. I suppose that's the times we live in.

I think you'll find that we're too old to box, and we certainly wouldn't pass a medical board inspection !!

No, I was referring to your "Great Leaders' instructions upon coming upon something that makes him feel uncomfortable!

Won't be a protest vote anymore

Was Clacton and Rochester & Strood a protest vote though, I'm not so sure!

I read that Mrs 'Submarine' May has allowed no less than 7 important reports to back up. It's become her habit to allow a junior minister to give the bad news while she saves her appearances for tidbits of positive news and lately there have not been many.

Really, latest news that dangerous and criminal immigrants had been given citizenship you would have thought would be grounds to fall on your sword but this government has no shame do it?

• 3 weeks later...

Really, latest news that dangerous and criminal immigrants had been given citizenship you would have thought would be grounds to fall on your sword but this government has no shame do it?

Yes but who was it who signed the agreement in 2004 lifting our border controls for Eastern European immigrants and, as a result, ruining this once great Country:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/9352335/Tony-Blair-I-dont-regret-opening-UK-borders-to-European-immigrants.html

A great film.  I actually watched one scene being shot on location when I was on my home from working in Egham to Dorking.

......  but that's another story.

Yes but who was it who signed the agreement in 2004 lifting our border controls for Eastern European immigrants and, as a result, ruining this once great Country:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/9352335/Tony-Blair-I-dont-regret-opening-UK-borders-to-European-immigrants.html

Yes Rhodesly, but who is granting citizenship to dangerous and criminal immigrants?

We never seem to get a straight answer from you do we?

A great film.  I actually watched one scene being shot on location when I was on my home from working in Egham to Dorking.

......  but that's another story.

Big J R - Have you posted this on the right thread, you'll get Loosely all confused, as it is he cannot seem to grasp the fact that Tony Blair signed our Countries death warrant in 2004 lifting border controls for East European immigrants to happily treat our green and pleasant land as their own.