Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Best Striker

Am i right in thinking ( just what i was told by someone at Farnham) that when Farnham got promoted they had the usual amount of journeymen players who try and cling onto CCL Premier status turn up in the summer and start the season. Didnt go well so Farnham reverted to the same team that got them promoted and comfortably stayed up last season.

Duncs how can you say Frimley would struggle. Most of that side is based on players from top 6 CCL Prem clubs. In my opinion Eversley would destroy a lot of the weaker Prem defences and would be fine in that division

NLN, yes that's right. I'm not sure if that was their reason for joining us in the summer but they did start the season but didn't last very long. Most of our squad is made up with the boys that got us promoted.

You can add Jay Holden to the list of best strikers in the CCL.

His goal scoring record in Div 1 a few years back was phenomenal and he has now resigned for us today.

It will be interesting to reunite him up top with Pagey, I hope they can jel together like before :)

his movement is one of the best ive played against his arrogance is his worst asset decent goalscorer though!

You can add Jay Holden to the list of best strikers in the CCL.

His goal scoring record in Div 1 a few years back was phenomenal and he has now resigned for us today.

It will be interesting to reunite him up top with Pagey, I hope they can jel together like before :)

Why does he quit football every season and then return again?

Agreed there Mark - an absolute stormer of a performance from him tonight.

Why does he quit football every season and then return again?

He has had lots of personal things outside of football in his life that I won't go into which has took preference over football.

He has always had a love for the club and has been a consistent factor, scoring goals for us in all of the clubs previous 6 promotions up through the Saturday leagues.

He is now ready to step back on the pitch again and we hope he will bring the extra fire power needed to grab a promotion spot and help us get back in the Prem.

Current best sriker surely is Ross Allen? Leading goalscorer last season in Division 1 (63 in 41 matches) and leading again this season. Very likely to score over a hunderd in less than two seasons.

Not sure about that, we seem to do OK when Ross is not playing. Personally, I find we miss one other player more when hes not playing.

Edited by HKP

Hopefully, will next season! Always a big move for a local lad to move to the UK. Bigger move then moving around the UK I believe.

It's not as if he hasn't had the chance.

He reminds me a bit of Rhys Griffiths, who was by far the best player in the League of Wales for many years, Cardiff City, Notts. County, Bristol City and Swindon Town all put bids in for him but he said no to them all. He was happy where he was, at the time, and felt no need to move.

Maybe Ross feels the same - I'm happy where I am and if I went elsewhere would I get the same chance that I do week in week out at Guernsey?

played 332

sub 53

goals 358

that was just at lammas id say in div one the best finisher by a mile

In Div.1 !!! ...... surely the ''best striker'' would be tested and compared in having played in CCL Premier and higher ?

Wasn;t Jay at Walton & Hersham as a youngster ?

Edited by BAD GUY