Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

But would this be the case with other rearrangements? I think what happened is the the Fixtures Secretary knew some tough decisions needed to be made and made them. If they had gone out to the clubs and asked who wants to play Sunday and who wants to play Friday then what all that would have happened is the process would have taken even longer and then clubs complained that club A got their wish whereas they did not.

I would hazard a guess that GFC were asked what dates the pitch was available and the Fixtures Secretary then decided who played when.

You have to stick to the league rules otherwise where will we be ?

So the League rules say any rearrangments have to be agreed? I thought I had read that rearrangments were down to the Fixtures Secretary?

Edited by HKP

thats one of my points BOTH clubs have to be in agreement, so if club not asked who has agreed

I think you will find that for games that have been postponed it is only the fixtures secretary that fixes the re-arranged date.

To change a date of a fixture that has not been postponed both clubs have to agree to the new date and then ensure the league is notified giving enough time for officials to be appointed.

correct on page 26 the rules have been printed ,i think we are just going round in cicles now our view as a club is we were not consulted not happy about that, yes we will go on day whoever decided we should play,yes it will be a great experiance,and yes we will not be at full strength because not all can take a day off so it will much harder but we will get on with it i bet ryeman league and southern league are hoping gfc dont join there league next year because same problems will occur,

No, I don't think they can pick and choose who they want. Tne FA decides who goes where. We needed to start somewhere and the CCL were kind enough to give us a chance.

I think you will find that for games that have been postponed it is only the fixtures secretary that fixes the re-arranged date.

To change a date of a fixture that has not been postponed both clubs have to agree to the new date and then ensure the league is notified giving enough time for officials to be appointed.

Thanks, so no rules broken then Duncs.

Edited by HKP

it has been reported in today's Guernsey Press that GFC offered to host their away match at CWU in Guernsey on Wednesday 23rd January. The idea was that any profit from the match would have gone to CWU. Unfortunately CWU could not get a team to come to Guernsey so the idea has fallen through. It could have been a winner all round, GFC home fans would have seen some action before February and CWU would have probably netted around £2,000.

An excellent gesture on behalf of Guernsey FC,just a shame it was not taken up.Are there no available Sundays around that time,that would of suited.It would of caused uproar on here though,because people do not think of others plight,just their own selfish Ends.Can see the posts now,why did Colliers Wood send an under strength Team to Guernsey,aiding and abetting their Champions cause,after a heavy 10-0 loss.So Colliers Wood would be damned if they did,an thought of as being ungrateful if they didn't for the offer.At least Guernsey FC think of others not so fortunate as themselves,maybe all Colliers Wood home fixtures could be switched to the Away Clubs grounds,Free of Charge.And by free,wouldnt it be nice if the Officials offered their services Free of Charge,what a kind gesture that would be,to help out an ailing Club.

An excellent gesture on behalf of Guernsey FC,just a shame it was not taken up.Are there no available Sundays around that time,that would of suited.It would of caused uproar on here though,because people do not think of others plight,just their own selfish Ends.Can see the posts now,why did Colliers Wood send an under strength Team to Guernsey,aiding and abetting their Champions cause,after a heavy 10-0 loss.So Colliers Wood would be damned if they did,an thought of as being ungrateful if they didn't for the offer.At least Guernsey FC think of others not so fortunate as themselves,maybe all Colliers Wood home fixtures could be switched to the Away Clubs grounds,Free of Charge.And by free,wouldnt it be nice if the Officials offered their services Free of Charge,what a kind gesture that would be,to help out an ailing Club.

Just an after thought,are Guernsey not playing RYE in the F.A. Vase on the 19th of January,suppose that game was drawn,and a Replay was needed.Then Colliers Wood fans would of booked in droves to come over,and the game would of been postponed.

So you want visiting teams travelling to Guernsey to be consulted with rearrangements? I am sure if every match in the UK that was rearranged GFC were consulted there would be uproar in here....

Clubs have been given plenty notice to enable enough time for any other event to be rearranged. This is semi-pro football, not some Sunday League crap.

You were the one that raised the point about rules not being followed, just clearing up that the rules had been followed.

Edited by HKP

An excellent gesture on behalf of Guernsey FC,just a shame it was not taken up.

I am sure CWU were very grateful and did everything they could to try and play the match. It may just not have suited them, which is fair enough.

Best secretary in the league, really knows his stuff does Sparky100

Best secretary in the league, really knows his stuff does Sparky100

So was Coves fixture called off Malcolm NO,were they consulted about the rearranged date NO,You guys in CCL must really start warming up to the fact that the League HAVE OVERSTEPPED the mark in these rearranged games,in favouring one Member over another.Yet you all pay the same fee to be Members.Yes Nick is a good Secretary,we often chat,but no one is always right including ME.

it has been reported in today's Guernsey Press that GFC offered to host their away match at CWU in Guernsey on Wednesday 23rd January. The idea was that any profit from the match would have gone to CWU. Unfortunately CWU could not get a team to come to Guernsey so the idea has fallen through. It could have been a winner all round, GFC home fans would have seen some action before February and CWU would have probably netted around £2,000.

Not quite true.

I believe that GFC offered 75% of the gate money. Out of that CWU would have to pay for their own flights and accomodation and as it would

have been a CWU home game, all season ticket holders would have to pay to get in. Assuming 1000 turned up paying on average £6 per head,

this would have netted approx. £4500 (75% of £6000) with costs of flights,hotels, parking and transport of about the same amount, it looks more

like a zero profit for CWU. Still, why let the truth get in the way of a good story.