Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

Saw a stat the other day that said of the last 100 years of accurate weather measurement, four of the five worst years for rainfall have been since 2000. It could be that enviromentally this is going to become more and more likely.

Artificial pitches here we come

Be midweek, so a big advantage for them. Not their fault as they wanted to play as much as GFC did.

Still a shocking decision to call the game of so late today. I have been travelling all day for nothing. Surely Egham should have called the game off yesterday if there was any doubt at all. Such a waste of time and money, such a shame for all concerned

You was voted in and these things happen and will happen again

Still a shocking decision to call the game of so late today. I have been travelling all day for nothing. Surely Egham should have called the game off yesterday if there was any doubt at all. Such a waste of time and money, such a shame for all concerned

Egham said they thought there was no problem with the pitch and they were as shocked as anyone to see the game called off by the referee.

Agree, GFC want to be treated like any other club so this happens I'm afraid. Who was it that travelled over to Gurrnsey this season only for the game to be called off a fee hours before k/o??!!

There was unforecast torrential rain and the pitch was awash, GFC did not think it was playable, totally different to this time.

Only thing that differs Maisey is your opinion. Other than that, both procedures excatly the same. Team arrive, game called off.

How on earth can it be the same??

Egham were allegedly ready to play the game and thought their pitch was fine!!

We knew the game on ours was scupperd as the rain continued to lash down,

How the hell can you say that is only my opinion that differs?

Oh, I know, it's because I'm from Guernsey.

Get back in your box maisiecat!! GFC will have to accep that these things will happen, if everyone thought that the pitch was okay except the referee then what more possibly could be done!! Get over it and stop sulking. It's not the first and certainly won't be the last time this happens, especially as our climate continues to change like is has over the past few years. No special exceptions should be made just because you are the might GFC.

Easy Maisie tommo wasnt having a go at you :)

Egham said they thought there was no problem with the pitch and they were as shocked as anyone to see the game called off by the referee.

Can someone please confirm, had Guernsey FC arrived at Eghams ground BEFORE the game was postponed, by it seems the match referee ? If so, did any of the Guernsey players/,management check out the pitch. Agreed the torrential rain came unnoticed without any pre-warning as far as I know during the early hours of Saturday morning, this is the only/main reason we were all surprised this morning when games were gradually being called off.

By the way that was massive #cheers