Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

Or that was the original agreement / undertaking?

No as I understand it they would in extreme circumstances. I guess the current fixture pileup is not extreme enough?

Attendances will fall unfortunately and will end up costing the club. It will be impossible for fans to go to games 2,3 or even 4 days running.

Maybe we should not be as welcoming as we have been to teams in the past. I just hope some of the local players who haven't turned to GFC now do so as we could still run two teams and get results. Forfeit the Dorking match if we get to Wembley as that's a joke, who the hell will be here the night before ?

Maybe we should not be as welcoming as we have been to teams in the past. I just hope some of the local players who haven't turned to GFC now do so as we could still run two teams and get results. Forfeit the Dorking match if we get to Wembley as that's a joke, who the hell will be here the night before ?

I assume someone from the league has actually given some thought to all of this? As GG points out, most of the island could well be heading to London and they could well be playing in front of one man and his dog. As its a Bank Holiday weekend I would imagine that IF we get to Wembley a lot of people will need to leave Guernsey on the Friday.

Well played CCL people.

In all seriousness, some people need to take a long hard look at themselves, not break promises, make tough decisions when needed, piss poor planning make for piss poor performance as I was once told by a Guernsey legend!

Think a bombshell will be dropped on CCL Teams this week,who have not visited Guernsey yet,Evening Midweek fixtures anyone,that is the only SOLUTION.Whats good for the Goose is good for the Turkeys.

No we were wrong, cant have UK teams being put out. There was a more obvious solution Smudge, surprised that despite 1,000 posts nobody had the foresight of the CCL!

In all seriousness, some people need to take a long hard look at themselves, not break promises, make tough decisions when needed, piss poor planning make for piss poor performance as I was once told by a Guernsey legend!

A harsh post HKP,Is it the CCL's fault for the backlog?

No not all harsh, better planning in October could have avoided this. Most on here expected midweek matches in Guernsey, nobody seriously thought they would go down this route.

I love Guernsey and fully support them - however .......

The league can't be blamed and whilst you have virtually everything planned to a tee you have made a big hiccup with footes lane . To progress you need to not share with rugby and also have a surface comparable with windsor for example which barely gets called off. The alarm bells should has sounded when that first game against Raynes park was called off yet little was done. With all the money being involved in the project more should have been spent on the playing surface

Yes. Should have made teams come over here midweek.

Careful with that tongue in that cheek. I hope that is the case. Why burden sides with midweek trips to Guernsey? So you could win each game 10-0, playing sides made up of youth teamers? Players at this level can't afford two days off to kick a ball around unless they have their wages covered. Are Guernsey going to do that? The bald truth is the clubs who voted Guernsey in were more interested in the trip and a piss-up instead of thinking clearly. You should never have been in this position because you should never have been in this league.

Nigel, firstly we do not own the ground, GFC are merely tenants, so any money spend on the pitch needs to come from the owners who have [promised to get things sorted. 3g/4g pitch has been mentioned. Its not as easy as you would think to just get a pitch in Guernsey, we have a lack of available land as the island is quite small. Currently the only option is to groundshare with Rugby and Athletics.

The saying is.... Piss poor planing prevents perfect performance it is a tool called the 6 P's and I use it everyday in my work life and I ain't no Guernsey leg end..... But I will say this..... As much as I love the concept of Guernsey being in the football pyramid we do not have under soil heating in non league football, planes can't fly in fog and boats can't dock in bad seas and there is no tunnel from Guernsey to England that I know of. .... So for me with the ever hardening winters I think Guernsey will have to give up on their dream of Progression in the non league pyramid as Vase winners / semi finalists.

Careful with that tongue in that cheek. I hope that is the case. Why burden sides with midweek trips to Guernsey? So you could win each game 10-0, playing sides made up of youth teamers? Players at this level can't afford two days off to kick a ball around unless they have their wages covered. Are Guernsey going to do that? The bald truth is the clubs who voted Guernsey in were more interested in the trip and a piss-up instead of thinking clearly. You should never have been in this position because you should never have been in this league.

These the same players who consider themselves semi-professional footballers? I do not want to beat teams 10-0, does nothing for the game. Want competitive football, playing three games in three days, four matches in five days and with lots of travelling in between including playing on a Friday before travelling back on the Saturday to play at home is hardly likely to achieve that. All to prevent teams from having to travel to the island midweek ONCE in a lifetime when everyone knew from day one that this was a possibility if circumstances meant there was no other option.

Edited by HKP

The saying is.... Piss poor planing prevents perfect performance it is a tool called the 6 P's and I use it everyday in my work life and I ain't no Guernsey leg end..... But I will say this..... As much as I love the concept of Guernsey being in the football pyramid we do not have under soil heating in non league football, planes can't fly in fog and boats can't dock in bad seas and there is no tunnel from Guernsey to England that I know of. .... So for me with the ever hardening winters I think Guernsey will have to give up on their dream of Progression in the non league pyramid as Vase winners / semi finalists.

Sorry it was a typo and was where I heard it first and the person said it will know why I quoted it...

What a joke. Three times we have Fri night away games, with an overnight stay, then playing 3 pm at home the following day. No one else seems to be inconvenienced whatsoever. Cheers CCL, be great to see the back of you after next season.

So you're looking forward to the Isthmian League then? The league that made Canvey Island play 14 league games in the last 23 days of the season in 2001. If GFC don't make the Vase final they've got 24 days to play their last 14 games. Luxury!

In that same season there were five games left unplayed in the Isthmian League as they ran out of time.

This sort of thing happens in football occasionally. Thankfully not often.

So you're looking forward to the Isthmian League then? The league that made Canvey Island play 14 league games in the last 23 days of the season in 2001.

Ah, I see the common theme, UK doesn't like Island teams!

The final day is the final day ...... All clubs are pulling out all the stops to get our Ryman Prem games played but then we don't have the issues of travel as I have previously stated and I would imagine clubs and their budgets can maybe help players with midweek financial losses in their deals at Ryman Prem something that may not be so easily achieved in the CCL

Ah, I see the common theme, UK doesn't like Island teams!

Ha!

I know it's a pain for you lot but you'll look back at this season and laugh in years to come.

You're new at this pyramid lark - it's still an adventure and exciting for you. Some of us have been around for donkeys years and just trudge on with some great seasons, some duff ones. We had a fixture pile up like yours in 1986 following our run to the Vase Quarter final. We ended up playing 23 games from March 11th until the end of the season. It was a pain in the bum at the time but now just a distant memory.